1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I feel the C7 Corvette handles nothing like the actual car!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by WarFalcon76, Sep 8, 2017.

1. It plows like hell.

Disclaimer: Power oversteer doesn't count as a balance characteristic.

2. Dookie

Dookie Hardcore Simmer

I think the question is: If it was your Game/Simulator, would you change it because of the kind of feedback that you have given? I don't think I would because in most cases facts and data are more helpfull than the feel of an individual.

3. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

From wiki:

A bunch of electronic assists that keep the car in check. In my opinion it's quite self-explanatory why it feels different in-game..

4. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Yes, I really think so.
    The AC cars I've driven IRL are pretty spot on to me. But there is always a disconnect between RL and a sim. Your brain makes leaps of faith, suspends a little disbelief. However, it's convincing enough that going from my sim to a real trackday, I'm pretty much on autopilot. Entering understeer, trail-braking, lift-throttle steering, all seem in line with reality.

Hey, the first time I drove the C7 in AC, I was extremely impressed (and I'm a lifetime "Ford guy"). Assuming it handles they way it does on my AC setup, it is on my short-list if I ever win the Powerball. ( and @William Levesque , I don't feer[sic] understeer. ) :p

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  5. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

Keep cool man, I don't take it as an argument but you ; I did not troll you and your point is completely irrelevant because you made that turn speed, 30 mph, 45 mph, etc THE point. And you admitted that you had opened a thread with both wrong evidences, and others explained to you that it's useless (at the very least, to stay polite) to open a thread saying : "Never the game should be like that" without any consistency, no video, no data, no hardware/settings data, no serious input.
    Then you can say what you want but, in the whole thread you actually just demonstrated that you were typing faster than you think.
    For remember : "the handling of this car is absolutely horrid in game! I have no idea where AC got their physics from when it comes to this car but it's way off. Taking turn 1 at spa at 30 mph the car gets side ways and spins out." ... "That's a 45+ mph turn easy." ... "Here is a C7 Z06 turning into that corner at 103 km/h (60ish mph)" ... etc so yes I say that I better trust AC devs than you. Sorry to say.

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  6. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Sorry @WarFalcon76 but I could not resist it to check at La Source.:p

Corvette C7, street tyres, no blankets, 93% grip, no TC @ Spa,
    I don't notice a heavy and hard turning, quite the opposite, very light and nimble, and the handling is pretty good.
    Nice car by the way and congrats for owning own.;)

Andrew_WOT, schmron and Quffy like this.
  7. schmron

schmron Racer

Maybe the C7 in Assetto Corsa don't feel like a real car because you don't drive a real car?

8. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Be careful, he might buy a G meter & a GoPro to prove otherwise.

9. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Yes it does, that's why I put max negative camber in the front.
    And I tend to throw it into the corner a bit.

10. Jack Bancroft

Jack Bancroft Simracer

What?

I simply suggest you practice more, run loads more laps, then report back again with your thoughts.

It's always interesting to hear a real vs virtual car comparison but not after such little time.

11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

@WarFalcon76
    i recommend you to go into steam, right click assetto corsa > properties > local files > verify integrity of game cache. Maybe something is corrupted in your install.

12. Orne

Orne Alien

Just drove the C7 at Okayama, 95% grip, car felt quite stable at turn in. I have over 1000 hrs in AC, perhaps I'm just used how it handles, although I'm certainly not a particularly gifted driver.

13. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

What bites a lot is that most street cars have default tire pressure at factory spec, which after some heating pushes them into red with ill traction. Drop like 3 or 4 psi on C7 and then 2 more on front to help with understeer, add some more negative camber while there. And as already suggested, do more laps. Do not push on the first one while tires are cold. It's a nice car and drives very well.
    Thanks to Kunos for making such nice and diverse content.

14. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Andrew, how the heck do you get the tires into red, I can't get past green.

Mind you I only race for 5 laps, probably has something to do with it.

15. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

pressure, not temp. small colored numbers in corners.

16. unknwn

unknwn Alien

If it can be fixed relatively easy why it is not fixed?

17. chakko

chakko Alien

I drove the C7 on the Nordschleife earlier today, and, i can't really say that it handles like a pig. Of course, due to the weight of the engine, it feels a bit sluggish, but, nowhere as bad as to the point of undriveability, or very hard to handle. Just... like one of those US V8 flagships, but, still quite agile for that. :)

Solmyr likes this.
  18. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

You see what you've done, one of the least used cars in AC and now everyone wants to try one. :)

Solmyr, Ace Pumpkin and Luis Branco like this.
  19. chakko

chakko Alien

I wonder why. This is THE car for the wannabe pimp. :D Just kidding.

20. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Thanks, I'll check that out.

LATE4APEX