1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Project CARS 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Berry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Is there any prediction for this game to get on sale?

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  2. M96

M96 Racer

After a few more hours, some more fine tuning of the FFB I'm starting to feel more what the cars are doing, making the driving experience more predictable and just making more of what happens "make sense"...I still prefer AC, but after some tweaking I think that PC2 isn't any bad either.
    I strongly suggest everyone who says that rain/night aren't important in a sim to try this title..the way the puddles build up, the way you have to change your lines progressively and watch out for the aquaplaning, the way you have to understand as quick as possible how much grip is there available make for an incredible experience IMO.
    Night as well is nice, though probably even more difficult ( my opinion) as in tracks with a lot of elevation changes you really have to have every inch of the track in your memory and takes a couple of laps at least to adapt to.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

3. ouvert

ouvert Alien

hmm in 8K it doesn`t look that bad
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/15539352@N02/sets/72157687605088095

[​IMG]

did 2 more hours of testing and mostly got lucky on decent cars but still don`t like the idea of setting FFB for every car and always wonder if that is the right combination or if it can be better .. those two sliders in combination with jumpin from RAW to Informative and back is starting to anoy me little bit ... good cars to try:

BMW 1M (make sure SC,TC is off, not authentic mode)
    Lotus 78
    Porsche 962 Long
    C7.R .. somehow this car is good in every sim :)
    Ginetta GT5
    66 Mustang

1M, C7.r and 962 I even prefer more than in AC

What I didn`t like today: Bentley GT3

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

miky and vegaguy 5555 like this.
  5. Bought it today and tried for 1h or so, I'm still not entirely happy with the FFB, but the physics are very convincing. You can like it more or less, but it's a clear attempt to be a simulator. Way way better than PC1.

6. Cameltotem

Cameltotem Racer

Biggest track roster and car list for a sim out there.

What's the most popular combo online right now in PC2?

Monza GT3!

It's AC all over again lol.. :rolleyes:

7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Yeah, r3e sounds are overly distorted and compressed, an easy catch for the hearing impaired.... o_O

TDS likes this.
  8. ouvert

ouvert Alien

that is why one must love AMS .. no GT3s :) ... but there are times I wish they did them :)

Traind and mister dog like this.
  9. plaid

plaid Alien

Yes. But also kind of sad if you think about how much you lose by using a 1080p resolution. Its basicly all in the game but you can't see it. :D

I hope the next generation focus on a high resolutions and crisp and alaising free visuals.

Yes. Thats why a good AI is worth the effort. At least if the playerbase isn't enourmos, maybe there are at least a few GTO or Group A or 4 servers. Sadly in the career there are no championships for these cars.

10. mister dog

mister dog Alien

I don't really like that generic brake squeal SFX in R3E as they us it all around the roster even on newer cars. Other than that the engines and transmissions sound fantastic. AC and AMS are also very high standard now when it comes to their sounds. Those doppler effect enhancements in AC really made the trackside camera's shine during replays. Sadly you then have the 'highway in the distance' and 'generic bird whistling' samples that are looped together with it which is a bummer. Not much trackside atmosphere with the sounds in general in AC, they look and sound a bit abandoned, and as such contribute to the sterile atmosphere people tend to complain about.

I didn't like the sound in PC1 much as they copy pasted way too much samples, and there wasn't much dept to it neither. For PC2 they really improved the in car sounds, those are top of the line. I also like the tyre sounds (but I know most people probably hate them), and the 7.1 effect is a lot better too. Sadly then the awful engine sounds in the replays screw it all up :D.. Those are so bad at the moment.

Hope they still patch better doppler effects in, and improve their external engine sound effects for the sake of watching replays without getting annoyed by that each time.

11. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

R3E does a amazing jobb wich is well known. If they dont meet the gratitude off the audiophiles is another story.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  12. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I don't think that is possible, the 962 (both ST and LT) is one of the best cars in AC. It's f**king awesome.

13. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

So... me driving in a smooth piece of tarmac and in a cobble stone road (there are plenty here) feels the same... so you know my car better? :D

You guys seem to overlook the fact that we get through the wheel what we're supposed to feel via butt/body. So ofc a car will feel like different because the signals are different.

By the way should I say the physics are different because I driving in Oschersleben the car reacts differently than with the same setup at knockhill too?

I expected nothing less either.

/edit
    @Poguinhas
    sales happen when Steam or other stores kind feel like it. Devs have no control over that

14. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Didn't understand why the reason about PC discussion here. I bought it back them when people cofounder it. Fire it, don't remember well, let's say some times.
    Here is a difference championship. If you want to play a new game I am sure you can go to PC2.
    Moral of the story, PC have been paying a couple of AC packs.:D

Tiago Fortuna likes this.
  15. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Why couldn't they release a demo.

Hearing everyone here talk about it so much makes me want to try it ASAP.

I am still downloading from this morning.

My ISP must be pissed as they seem to be throttling steam WTF.

300 kb/s :eek:

16. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

And then theres the 12 gig patch. Wouldnt a physical copy be better for you than steam:)

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  17. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

12GB patch? I only preloaded 35GB or so... and yesterday's 25MB...

The FAQ says: "No". That's it. Accept it (or not). It won't change the fact that there's no demo.

18. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

@Tiago Fortuna, it’s the different surfaces that make the car rattle and shake, it has nothing to do with adjusting the FFB and/or adding effects to adjust the guessing factor of how the track should be with a specific car.
    Plus it will make the track dependent of FFB choice and expectations of how the track should be rather than how the track is.

When any car is used in a smooth track the car doesn’t change when used on a rough one.
    In RL cars can use adaptive suspensions that react differently with a press of a button but I’m off the point with that for this purpose.

This is why is so significant to have the tracks (the ones that are not fiction, of course) as well made (simulated) as the cars.

Following your line of thought, if one track must be smoother (or rougher, it goes both ways) than one other and for that it’s required the car FFB to be adjusted to how the track is expected to be, if that track has some rough parts or just some really proeminente kerbs they will be lost or downgraded due to the smoothed FFB.
    If that’s how FFB is to be set then SMS could make use with one more FFB slider a la F1 2017 off track FFB (in PC2 it could be rough patches FFB or the sorts).

I did find that PC2 depends too much of different and systematic FFB adjustments to convey the car reactions rather than from the car physics themselves (same weakness PC1 had).

FFB adjustment are acceptable but once done they’re done for all cars and tracks (FFB strength aside as I said before, to avoid clipping).
    From there is up to the different cars and different tracks to provide the different experiences, because different cars can in fact transmit forces and effects differently and the same goes for different tracks, due to different surfaces (smoother or rougher) and different road cambers, among other track details.

LeDude83 and Freddie Seng like this.
  19. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

I agree, amazing sound. I think alot of the classic cars sounds are way better than any other game.

Bo-Göran Larsson likes this.
  20. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Found another use for the 620R, racing them on Lydden Hill RX.
    I've dialed in the graphics a bit I'm amazed at how well it runs in VR. i have most on high & ultra now. Shadows on Ultra as well is much better. 1.6 sampling & medium AA.
    If anyone has flickering textures try turning up camera near clip plane to 0.10
    Apparently the game will run with SLI in VR & improve performance if anyone has that setup i would be interested to know if it really does work.
    Most of the cars i tried today i liked, only car i just couldn't get into was the FA, not as bad as pcars though.