1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discuss rFactor2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

If you look in the Steam Workshop, everything that has been released by Studio397 since May 2017, and the Enduracers Mod. Newly released mods on Steam usually tell you about DX11 in the blurb.

Nope :)

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  2. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

ok i found this
    thats very little content, so if i choose to stay on dx9 can i download mods that were updated to dx11? like official s397 content?

3. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

:confused:
    How’d you think that would work?
    ;)

4. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

ok so let me understand this.
    if i go for dx11 beta iam locked to driving a panoz road car and some old gt cars that i cant even put against any other car.
    or i go for dx9 but then cant drive all the tracks that were updated to dx11?

5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

You can’t use any dx11 contend if you haven’t updated to the dx11 engine. Are we talking system restrictions here? Like your pc isn’t beefy enough?

6. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

no its just that there is basically nothing to drive from the dx11 selection....

7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

From an old studio397 post:
    • The USF2000, Nissan GT500, Howston G4 and G6, Dallara DW12 and the Stock Cars have been updated with new shaders, better headlights and overall better textures.
    • Atlanta Motorsports Park, Silverstone, NOLA Motorsports Park, Mores and Indianapolis Motor Speedway have all gotten texture updates, and we painted the curbs at Silverstone in the current colors too!
    At least those should do, but as I mentioned earlier I’m no beta participant.

8. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

There are currently 33 items by Studio 397 on the Workshop, 14 tracks and 19 cars. You can use all the DX9 content with the DX11 beta version, but they're very shiny :) Oh and the ASR Ferrari 412T2 is DX11 as well: http://www.asrformula.com/rfactor2.html

mms and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  9. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

???
    You can drive dx9 cars in dx11 branch

10. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

DX9 content will still work in DX11 but, some of them may have some issues with the shaders / bloom FX being too bright.

I mainly drive open-wheelers in rF2 and don't like most of the mod content but, there's enough DX11 content for me - especially once the GT3 pack arrives. Overall, the graphics look much better and I haven't had any major performance issues outside of some VR FPS drops - mainly during replays.

mms likes this.
  11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

The other way around would be more funny.

12. unknwn

unknwn Alien

13. GaetanL

GaetanL Gamer

You can play with all content, in Dx11 or Dx9, the only risk is to have some bug (shader) on Dx11 content. But there is no point in staying in Dx9. Dx11 is better and you will no longer have a choice soon ;)

14. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

ok i updated to the dx11 beta but i'm having trouble downloading from the s397 workshop, a lot of the mods there are not being downloaded when i click subscribe. any idea?

15. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

ShimonART likes this.
  16. liakjim

liakjim Alien

17. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

18. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Same...
    Yebis is a set of post effects you can apply in-game, every studio can choose which one pick from libraries and set it accordingly with their tastes...

19. manc0ntr0

manc0ntr0 Gamer

Anyone knows how to properly setup a 3 monitor configuration or can put me some link? I'm trying to change things but the lines don't go straight, there is some 'refraction'. I have Nvidia surround active with the bezels corrected and other games look good.
    I searched in its forum but I found nothing.

20. St3fan

St3fan Alien

In controller settings there is a key bind to bring up triple monitor setup screen. Set a key bind, go on track, and then bring up that setup screen - which is pretty much the same as the one we have in AC.

manc0ntr0 likes this.