1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discuss rFactor2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Sep 16, 2016.

1. chakko

chakko Alien

Thing is, it doesn't mean much. R3E is also endorsed by real life race drivers, especially the DTM guys, and, it's surely not the pinnacle of realistic physics. And real life drivers are also used to simulators, which weren't at all up to par to what we have nowadays in physics. They probably got better now too, but, still...

AFAIC, iRacing likes to advertise with real drivers driving it. They have endorsements on their website, and they have videos showing the real life drivers. I've read from enough real life drivers that they don't consider the iRacing physics top notch, though. So, you gotta take it for what it is. It is difficult to judge anyway. Coming from a real life racing background, you'll probably find yourself sensing a sever lack of grip in most sims anyway, because you'll have to get used to the lack of forces, and that your steering wheel is the only connection to what your whole body feels in a race car, or in a street car. If i haven't driven a sim for weeks, i need at least 2 or 3 hours to fully adapt to that again. I don't "feel" the car much before that.

2. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

i think rfactor fans will like this.

Orne, Dookie, LeDude83 and 9 others like this.
  3. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

The rain is looking quite nice in rF2. :)

LChaves, DaveS78 and emha76 like this.
  4. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

id does, i like the tire lines it leaves behind like in f1 2017.

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  5. mms

mms Alien

Looks great, seems like I won't have to buy PC2 any more ;)

6. Jack Bancroft

Jack Bancroft Simracer

7. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

my guess for the next car sneak peak they posted.
    [​IMG]

8. Jack Bancroft

Jack Bancroft Simracer

9. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

The dynamic weather system in PC2 is quite impressive and having that in rF2 would be doubly amazing. From playing PC2 in VR, it demonstrates some significant new challenges to Sim-racing, both in terms of development and in play.

PC2 greatest value to many of us may be in spurring new developments in Simulation going forward. I suspect it may have more impact on the overall experience than many realize.

10. SunBro

SunBro Alien

Jack Bancroft likes this.
  11. mms

mms Alien

I fully agree with you, unfortunately with my limited game time PC2 would collect virtual dust in my steam library the same way rF2 does right now (not because I don't like rF2, but it's much easier for me to just jump in AC, when I have a short time to play). With it's current price tag and included bugs I prefer not to waste any SSD space either, I'm pretty sure the time will come when all the stars get aligned for me to buy it ;)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    Dean Ogurek likes this.
  12. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

Why can't they have a dry tarmac shader that matches this quality?

13. Any idea why Alt+Tabbing doesn´t work? I can see the Alt+Tab-menu but rFactor2.exe is always on top. Using VR.

14. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Are you using "Windowed Mode", that seems to work IIRC.

15. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I always use Windowed Mode because SC4 requires it to have quick access to settings.

16. Tried fullscreen, windowed and bordeless but none of them worked.

17. unknwn

unknwn Alien

There are issues with fullscreen right now in RF2. I got it working by using other resolution in game than in desktop. The "workaround" for me was to create a custom resolution with different refresh (can be even very small difference if screen can't go high e.g. 60 vs 61hz). However if your screen few native refresh rate options for the resolution you want to use then it's even better.
    This also fixed microstuttering for me (and some other guys in RF2 forum).

Nahkamarakatti and Dean Ogurek like this.
  18. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Can't wait for the updates for rF2, launching it frequently, enjoying a lot. Mostly picking dry to wet, or wet to dry races thats best for me. I have been thinking that maybe wet tarmac has a bit too much longitudinal grip in rF2, in straight line there is next to none problem to put the power down with a car like T70. Rain should hinder it a lot.

19. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

anyone here knows the full list of car mods that were updated to dx11?

20. Is dx11 out of beta yet?

Ace Pumpkin likes this.