1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How to bring q car's ground clearance back to original?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Poguinhas, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

So I live in Brazil, and from what I have seen, most, if not all cars are raised in ride height before being sold here, to adapt for our velvet smooth roads, which as you may understand, ruins looks and handling (unless you like the off-road look).

So I'd like to know, if someone here can help, what changes manufacturers make to the suspension to get this result in terms of springs and dampers, for lenght, stiffness and travel range, if there are further changes made beyond that, and what could be done to bring the car back to the state it was designed in. Would I have to import springs and dampers from a 1st world country, or are there simpler changes that can be done? Notice that I'm trying to improve looks, handling and safety and am willing to give up a bit of comfort and practicality if necessary. Also that I may not ever do this, but would like to get a better understanding of how manufacturers safely raise the vehicle's height.

Thank you very much!

paul_wev likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Best version of Sebring Jan 6, 2024
    ACC Hardware Discussions Moza racing: Pithouse and wheel updates bring FFB curves adjustment Apr 16, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Whatever i choose it brings me only Lotus Elise and the Magione circuit. Please help! Dec 22, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality changing options do not bring to substancial changes in vr Nov 7, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Deleting menuSettings.json brings back more blurriness? Oct 24, 2019
    ACC General Discussions This sim brings back memories & feelings Jun 17, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room [AC Series] Sport Prototypes Championship 1970 - Sebring. Jan 25, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Orange flashes@night, Nurbring w/Bentley Oct 14, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Oh, so this is why Codie's isn't bring VR support to F1 2017 Aug 29, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues New Fanaleds 2.4m brings support for Fanatec CSL Elite PS4/PC Jul 30, 2017
    Console Lounge Can you bring Blackwood track to PS4 please Jun 19, 2017
    Console Lounge Please bring AC to PSVR!!! Mar 7, 2017
    Console Lounge Please bring full race replays to console (and other missing features from PC) Jan 19, 2017
    Console Lounge Porsche Pack 2 & v1.10 (please bring the same experience to the consoles) Nov 23, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Petition: Bring back or add old controller algorithm, please ! Oct 31, 2016

3. Slamdrunken

Slamdrunken Racer

First you need to check out if the manufactures or dealers use lifting pads on top of the spring in the strut assembly or do they use a different spring or strut?

Usually spring pads or lifting pads are commonly used to lift cars without replacing springs,struts or dampers, its easy & cheap, if this is the case you need to find the correct pads for your car & replace them at a workshop.

4. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I don't think there's anything abnormal with the spring seats, so it's probably the springs and shocks themselves that are different, especially because they probably have a softer ride to go with the taller height. But I wasn't able to find anywhere with proper information on the subject, and most people don't even know that happens.

5. Slamdrunken

Slamdrunken Racer

At least in my experience (older benz) every car type of one series, let say a W124, the coupe/cabriolet has a set of spring rate & dampers, sedans have their own & estates have their own, what MB did was to change the spring pads to lift their cars depending on the country market, but spring rate / dampers remains the same. unless you go for the sportline suspension or similar.

6. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I don't think that's the case here. At least I've never heard about someone lowering their car by changing the spring pads, and I've never seen spring pads thick enough to considerably raise the car, I think they're all standard here. My thought about changing spring and damper rates was because, since they're making the car taller to cope with the crap roads, perhaps they'd make it softer as well, both because the height would allow it, and because it would help even further in coping with the roads. But still I'm not sure what's done to get that result.
    Most people don't even know that it happens, and in my experience the few people that know that it happens don't know how. A good way to rule out springs would be to take a brand new spring for a given car here in Brazil and on Europe and compare it, but it's harder than it sounds since it's not like just opening google and finding out how tall is a brand new spring for a Golf GTI, for example.