1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's discuss iRacing - attempt #2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by slopps, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

Yep, the ridiculous uncontrollable over the limit handling is why I cancelled my sub. Just stops bring fun when you have to drive in such an artificial manner.

2. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

That being said, for me, vr multiplayer and how the tm handles kerbs is something IR does best. But that's not enough for me to renew because you kind of feel locked into playing just that one sim when you're paying so much, and I'm having more fun with others atm.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  3. I agree. I already know I'm not renewing my sub after couple of months. Just need to practise a little because of an interesting upcoming event. All I wanted to point out is that the physics do actually make sense. And it has been quite a surprise to see how much I enjoy driving it when taking my iR history into account.

4. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

I just resubbed to test it out and see if I want to get the full year. I'm surprised how much better the physics and FFB feel since the last time I played about 3 years ago. At least in the new MX5 Cup, it feels great even up to and over the limit. I've done three races so far and even though one of them ended in tears thanks to someone dive-bombing me they were by far the best races I've had in a long time, with bumper-to-bumper battles the entire race. I think I'm hooked. Yeah, I know it has its issues and is expensive but if I can regularly get races similar to what I've had so far I have no problem paying for that.

Johnnypenso and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  5. chakko

chakko Alien

I don't think they changed something in the FFB though.

I agree with the posters before me BTW, the kerbs, and the offtrack driving definitely feels better than in AC. In AC, you simply lose grip, and feel almost nothing in the FFB then, so, it's a total blind ride, to know whether you have grip or not. Also, the only thing which seems really bump are the gravel beds, the grass feels much too smooth and level. The track itself feels much better of course though.

6. One thing I forgot to mention is that the iRacing corner cut system is even more annoying than AC have. If you just coast away the penalty the amount of time you have to lose may even go up which doesn't make much sense. Some small 0,9 seconds penalty might actually cost you tons of time and is actually very frustrating because the system looks like well designed but you really cannot put any trust into it. The "rules" how to handle with the time penalty aren't very clear to say the least.

7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I don't remember the curb behaviour in iR...it might as well be more realistic than in AC...AC appears to have some suspension based issues here. Hope this gets improved at some point.

I do remember that the cars in iR indeed were very responsive to load changes and I quite liked that.

I agree that the over the edge behaviour is the biggest letdown, though. @Nahkamarakatti the "smooth driving" you describe is the way to go in iR because people try to prevent to go over the limit. In general, this is seen as an unrealistic thing to do, though.

Edit: re-read your post and noticed you said exactly that.

8. I fully agree. IRacing will teach perfectly how to drive low power rental karts on slippery concrete floor.

That said, driving those cars are fun too so.. :)

LeDude83 likes this.
  9. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

Whaaat? o_O
    :rolleyes:

10. It's common to run open wheelers as soft and as low as possible but still flying over high kerbs without much of an issue..

11. what about this :)

it always looks good on video until you drive it with the G27 hehe

12. Really curious how iracings wonky crash physics are going to work with a contact heavy discipline like Rally Cross.

LeDude83 likes this.
  13. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

14. That's cute that you defend one product by showing a flaw in another, but last I checked AC didn't have two rating systems that everything else revolved around. Also, that flaw in AC is an anomaly, that example in iracing is it's normal behavior. (I used to have a screenshot of my truck flying through the air several times higher than the catch fence at Michigan due to contact.)

The way the users covered for the flaw was to state: iracing is a racing sim, not a wrecking sim.
    Well a core part of Rally Cross is intentional contact so hopefully iracing has somehow fixed this issue. (that has been present for the last eight years)

15. It's more about the tyre collisions.

16. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Just being cheeky, wasn't defending anything. I've seen and experienced some contact in my iRacing races but all of it was fine with nothing goofy happening, granted I've not done any dirt racing. But I just skimmed some YouTube videos of dirt iRacing races, saw plenty of contact but no cars flying off or doing anything weird so it must be at least somewhat capable.

17. Hopefully they have fixed it because as real as the racing would look, speaking about oval racing here btw, was as unreal as the wrecks looked. Anyways, I for one will be renewing my sub to try the rally cross stuff once it is released.

18. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

I did come across a couple compilations videos from dirt races showing cars/trucks flying all over the track (which were hilarious) so it's certainly not an isolated issue. Hopefully it's resolved by the time RX comes, but I don't think I'm going to hold my breath.

19. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I'm going to want to check out the RallyX in iRacing but, I sure hope they improve the sounds; both Dirt Rally and Pc2 put them to shame based on that preview. The landings look a bit too smooth to me but, the real test will be with changes to suspension settings because I imagine they have it all dialed in really well. I'm really curious to see how the handling in iRacing RallyX compares to the RallyX content in AMS / Dirt Rally / PC2.

Hopefully, iRacing has improved steering feel on dirt compared to my test with early the early Dirt Track release; there was almost no detail and grip-loss / grip-variation was almost undetectable.

20. chakko

chakko Alien

Frankly, the collision model of iRacing is probably the best of all sims, and surely one of the best points in iRacing too, alongside the relatively lag and warp free racing. The rollover displayed in the video above is surely a rather bad display, but 1. i don't know how old that video is, iRacing is working permanently on stuff like that, and 2. it actually looks great until the last few rollovers. I've driven more than 300 races in the Skip Barber F2000 in the official service, and, believe me, the collision model, and damage dealt is pretty excellent. I never felt like the collision model or damage in AC was any realistic in comparison. Unfortunately, it's like that, all of our sims have their good points, and their flaws, the collision model is surely a strength of iRacing.