1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's discuss iRacing - attempt #2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by slopps, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Avoletta

Avoletta Simracer

Don’t do it. It’s one of the worst simracing experiences I’ve ever had.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  2. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

Tried it yesterday for several practice sessions and one race and I had a lot of fun. The one race was also quite clean considering lots of side by side sliding (or three wide) and some people having more trouble to drive on dirt and not asphalt (though there are asphalt parts). The Daytona dirt config is good, I'm curious how the other dirt tracks will be. The Joker lap is another interesting and funny element in Rallycross, that's for sure. :D
    I also liked dirt when it came out but I'm more of a road racer so Rallycross suits better for me.

Regarding FFB: I played a lot with settings, on the wheel and within Iracing and I found that DRI +3 to +5 feels best for me (Wheelbase 2.5 here). I'd like to have a bit more road feeling, perhaps I'll have to raise the min force. Will check that out.

Dean Ogurek and BrandonW77 like this.
  3. Its fun :)

Although people are dogsh*t at it, won a heat (5 laps) by 20s and the main (10 laps) by like 10s despite having been hit and spun (once face to the wall, had to reverse) by the same scrub oval racer like 3-4 times lol... while he was being lapped. Car ended up steering crooked 35deg to the left and couldnt turn right on a clockwise track, still only 1s off per lap #rallycrosscars

We all start at baseline iRating for this so aliens end up with noobs, gonna be interesting for a few races haha.

4. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Apparently if you use promo code PR-GRC you can get the 3 months for $5 deal.

baboon likes this.
  5. Only for new users.

6. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Of course, but they can just create a new email/account if they want to get the deal. Obviously you'd lose any content you may have had though. I've done it, I technically have two accounts but only use one of them.

7. chakko

chakko Alien

And your iRating and stats too. I don't see the point TBH.

8. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Depends on where you're at. My first account I had no extra content and no real iRating or stats worth caring about (was still in Rookie) so I scrapped it all and started a new account so I could get the discount. Easy peasy.

9. RX is really bad. The gravel is just a slippery surface without any softness in it. Like some crappy rFactor mod.

10. In the US it's mostly pretty solid dirt, like on oval dirt tracks... No mushy stuff.

11. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Which cars would be the most worth trying from the default Iracing pack?

12. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

For example Daytona doesn't have solid dirt. It's very mushy irl.

And solid/polished dirt should act more like tarmac if it's not wet. What I've seen so far from streams/videos iracing should change gravel textures something like snow. At least for xmas or until they manage to fix it. :rolleyes:

13. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

The Global MX5 Cup is great.

14. unknwn

unknwn Alien

There is strong left/right FFB rattle when braking (what seems relatively low amount). Is this normal or car/hardware specific?

15. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

I get some chatter under heavy braking sometimes, seems normal to me when it happens.

16. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Apply some minimum-force in the iRacing FFB (?) Sorry - I don't recall if that's what it's named in game.

17. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Already tried from 2 to 6 % min force. Rattle feels similar to ABS effect in some other sims but mutiplied a few times (very strong even not using lots of brakes). Also it seems the test drive selected cars/track/weather isn't remembered? Quit the session and immediately tried again - need to select combo again.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  18. Btw, that guy would know lol...
    [​IMG]

19. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

Sure it might be very slippery when in some tracks they lay sand top of tarmac. Why iracing decided to make every gravel section to be like that?

20. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

That shouldn't be the case, I'm pretty sure mine is always at whatever I was last driving.