1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's discuss iRacing - attempt #2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by slopps, Sep 16, 2016.

1. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Seems to work well now. However that new UI interface while being confortable and nice, it's seems to have sluggish/freezing/laggy feel, I would expect something that is much smoother from Iracing.

First few times when testing lobbies I accidentally joined session (when I didn't want to) and quit which seems to grant last position in your statistics for that race, despite not even touching the car...

Mazda MX5 Cup felt great, good balance and really fun to drive. FFB and physics after some lapping felt intuitive. Overall it felt like I am constantly adjusting the car when on the tire limits (more than I am used to in AC for example and most other sims) which is crucial not to melt the tire surface otherwise things get skittish (could be too exaggerated after 2-3secs of going "sideways" ? ). If you "overheat" on entry you have to play it safe on exit and etc, it feels dynamic and fun.

Didn't like that there is no brake pressure adjustment with Mazda (?) (it's unusual that ABS kicks in with relatively low pedal input and the wheel starts to rattle).

Overall well spent 5$ (promo code) just for the Mazda MX5 CUP and MP alone, but very unlikely that I will be jumping to buy content or further subscription.

BTW last time I tried Iracing was 2 or 3 years ago, I had uninstalled it quickly back then.:D

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  2. Renewed my sub....Jumped into the GRC VW at Daytona....First Impressions after 15-20 minutes:
    Is this a joke? Dirt/Gravel feels just like the hacked dirt/gravel tracks in AC or Rfactor; all feeling through the wheel just goes dead and the car has less than zero grip. No 'soft surface' physics going on here (IMO) just lowered grip levels.

3. At its current state, yes it is a joke.

Belgakinen likes this.
  4. After two hours or so worth of practice sessions, both public and private:

It does iracing things. Like every other car in the service.

That being said, it is getting pretty fun and I am completing almost as many laps as not. Maybe some of the weird things can be dialed out in the setup, hopefully a good one gets posted/shared.

It looks really good, and it's awesome that iracing paid the money to get everything properly licensed. (Redbull signage and such)

5. There shouldnt be any feel in the wheel anyway, on dirt and with P/S, and the GRC tyres (BFG) are not grippy in the dirt, unlike the FIA ones (Cooper) which have much more aggressive blocks.

Dirt, depends. You can tell the difference easily at the start, where it feels mushier and requires more sliding vs the end, where even some spots are brushed off all the way back to the tarmac and its faster to drive straighter, its pretty cool.

6. o_O:mad::D

Well dammit, practiced all night with the plans to run a race today and it has already switched tracks. (to one that I don't own, of course)

7. Not in the steering, in the way the car reacts and handles :D

8. Right now the FFB seems to be heavyish on tarmac and nothing on dirt which is not how power steering works. Power steering should equalize both ends closer to each other.

9. Mine's pretty light either way, except when you REALLY load up on the front in a corner. Kinda like IRL actually...

Dunno, guess it depends how you've set-up your stuff but on my end I've never wondered about the FFB, nothing strikes me as weird.

10. I forgot how much I hate week 13.
    Looking forward to occasionally racing in both of the new GRC series.

11. I don't think rallycross is ever gonna be "clean" lol... But it's probably worse right now since most people are complete garbage and dont know what they're doing. Still, you need wide shoulders.

12. DD's can make weird sh*t feel weird. :)

13. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Pretty wild to see this.

But iRacing just announced they are working on AI.

https://members.iracing.com/jforum/login.jsp

Ok, this will be a “shocker” to some. We are working on AI/Artificial cars and in fact very far down the road with the project. In fact, we should release it this year as well. Hardcore folks take a deep breath. We are not straying even the slightest from our philosophy of trying to create the most accurate and detailed simulation we can along with the best head to head racing competition. This has been an isolated project being done by a small team and has not impacted any other development.

However, having this feature will allow for many opportunities for members and for us to continue to grow. It will allow members to practice in a simulated setting before getting on track with real cars which is a good thing, especially for people new to sim racing. It will also allow for a more relaxed and fun format which will be a welcome addition from time to time for even hard-core members. Now you don’t need to go to another racing game for AI. Ha Ha. It will bring in many new members who will use it as a stepping stone to head to head racing. It allows us to have a much more competitive demo option for potential new customers in various settings like trade shows or even on-line trials. At the end of the day, it is a huge feature and request in regard to the overall market. It will be a free addition to members and yet another option for you under your membership. If AI not for you, great, but you will still benefit. The work has helped improve our multiplayer net code and player car code which will be out on members about the time we launch AI. We also feel it will help novice drivers and again boost the overall service.

Right now our plan is roll out options of one-off AI races along with a season-long “career” in which you can build your own schedule/series. We have other plans as well down the road to increase the fun factor in regard AI. We likely will roll out AI for a large chunk of the racing including oval and road. Some cars and types of racing might be held back initially because of all the different variables we need to work out. For example joker laps and going over the jumps for GRC. There are many other things like that which we are working on now. The web development side of this is also significant and still much work to do there before we can roll it out. There will be a "difficulty" choice or “slider” option. More information as we get closer will be available.

cerebralvortex likes this.
  14. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Good addition I think. Makes sense for training in a race environment in between scheduled multiplayer races.
    Even nicer would be being able to access offline sessions and bought content outside your subscription though.

15. tabis

tabis Simracer

16. Jake F

Jake F Gamer

Much of this thread seems to be full of people who tried iRacing with their mind already made up that they were going to hate it...

I love iRacing. I love Assetto Corsa. They both do some things very well, and other things very poorly. I highly recommend anyone who hasn't, but is interested, give iRacing a try with an open mind.

Bill Wiskins likes this.
  17. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I think you're wrong. Those white knight messages like yours are not needed. They fire up the haters and annoy the already open-minded people.

I for one really like iRacing...MP quality, physics and FFB were good enough for me. but AC is quite a bit better IMO in Physics and FFB so I'll accept the kind of messy AC MP as a compromise.

Tomcul, Andrew_WOT and mms like this.
  18. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

iRacing is great not sure where the hate is.

Only thing stopping me is cost and lack of time.

When you have to pay monthly fee and sometimes you only have time to play once a month its really not worth it.

Tomcul likes this.
  19. Jake F

Jake F Gamer

I'm not trying to be a "white knight".... I've been playing Assetto far longer than I have iRacing. If I was trying to stoke a fire, I would have said one is absolutely better than the other, which I didn't do precisely because I don't believe that to be the case. They're very different, and as I said, each has their merits and demerits.

But someone coming to look at this thread who's a long-time Assetto player wondering about trying out iRacing will absolutely be dissuaded from doing so, due to the content of many of the posts contained herein. So what's wrong with posting that people should be willing to try it out?

Not trying to start an argument at all. Perhaps I shouldn't have said that "people had already made up their minds" - that's my error. It would be more right to say that "just because it's different doesn't mean it's better or worse"