1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Please, allow turning off/on the engine

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by michele75, Dec 14, 2017.

1. michele75

michele75 Rookie

I have always thought that it would be better if Assetto Corsa had a button to turn off/on the engine. Especially when you are working on a setup (in the box), perhaps is better do not have a noisy background!

Now, I have decided to write this post because I have switched to Fanatec and I'm using Fanaleds, with all the "rumbling" setted on.
    It really bothers me to have a (useless) costant vibration on my steering wheel, just because the engine must stay on compulsorily!

Please, if it is not very complicated to do, give us that button! :)

Thank you.

Jason PLAdoh and EDDY PRIME like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Please allow to assign D-Pad controls as buttons Apr 7, 2019
    Suggestions Please consider allowing people to join servers that run DLCs they dont own Jun 4, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Screenshot app: please allow that to unlock without enabling all developer apps Oct 17, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Which sever that not allow 150-250 ping to join please let us know. Aug 8, 2014
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Please setup your MP servers to allow time for all to finish race May 12, 2014
    ACC Physics Please help me figuring out "windDirection" from the telemetry Sunday at 10:38 PM
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 fatal crash PLEASE help if you can Apr 4, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game wont start on launch been trying to fix for over a week please help Jul 19, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Please insert a report function for dirty drivers Jul 18, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Someone please help!! Jul 15, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Multiplayer - An Error Occurred. Please Try Again Jul 13, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Lap times and SA assistance please Jul 11, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds game crashing please help Jul 6, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues an error occurred - please buy another game Jul 2, 2023

3. Orne

Orne Alien

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Turn the volume down perhaps.

4. michele75

michele75 Rookie

o_O

Orne likes this.
  5. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I think there already is a MUTE button, on most computers.

6. Just put 1st (or whatever gear) and the engine will bog down, no engine sound

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

paul_wev likes this.
  7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Id love to see Sauber F1 team complain to all the other teams to stop running in fp2 and down tools so they can work on their setups in peace and quiet. All these noises are what makes them crappy at setup and engineering, if only everyone else could shut the eff up they would be legendary. :D

chksix and paul_wev like this.
  8. michele75

michele75 Rookie

Why do I need to find a strange way to do something that can be done normally (and exists on other games)!?

EDDY PRIME likes this.
  9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Cant you just mute the game audio pretty easily, through windows software or through your headphone or speakers. The rattle in your wheel is specific to that wheel, most others don't do anything when you are in the pit menu.

10. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Simracer

If you set the fuel level to 0% the engine will stop running, that’s what I do with the noisier F1 cars. I know there’s a mute button but just leaving the car running for extended periods of time bugs me, I feel like i’m wasting petrol even though it’s not real :p

You could also intentionally stall the car!

11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

If you came here to complain about the missing feature then I guess your point was taken. You were heard, certainly also by the devs but don't get your hopes up that it will be implemented.

If you're really just annoyed by the sound then I think solutions have been plenty in this thread and you should pick your "lesser evil".

12. michele75

michele75 Rookie

What!?
    So, what is for a section named "suggestions"!? :confused:

13. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

AC is most probably at the end of it’s development cycle, so any addition of new features is highly improbable.

LeDude83 likes this.
  14. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Don't be frustrated. I would like that button very much myself :) But it's just pretty much what Ace said.

15. Orne

Orne Alien

Like a suggestion box, you place your suggestion on a card, slide it in the box and continue on with your day. Seems simple and straight forward to me.

16. Orne

Orne Alien

Automobilista turns off the engine while you are in the car setup screen although in the background are various garage and ambient sounds such as impact wrench sounds of lug nuts being removed which is pretty cool.

17. michele75

michele75 Rookie

In facts!
    Rfactor too.

18. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Does that matter? Kunos is very likely to develop racing simulators in the future for which they could incorporate suggested features, and so far they haven't closed the suggestions subforums (thankfully).

As for the topic, it's nothing new and there has been a dev answer previously from what I remember (there are no sound recordings for start-up, engine stall, etc. for all the cars, hence why start-up and stalling is not available to us, but the functionality definitely already exists in the dev build (as Stefano Casillo demonstrated in one of his streams)). netKar had it too. I think there's definitely a good chance that "AC2" will have that functionality from the get-go if they don't just flip a switch one day to implement it in AC too regardless of missing sounds.

Orne likes this.
  19. Orne

Orne Alien

Although the odd thing is I really don't hear any of those sounds while Im setting up the car. I suppose over time my brain has simply blocked those sounds out

20. EDDY PRIME

EDDY PRIME Rookie

AC a good sim but a lot of such things make a game not really user-friendly. A lot of options are missed. For me some games like RF, F1 challenge, GTR2 is reference. A lot of settings, setups, options. Manual rev limiter, on/off engine, wheel or keys can be changed during session, and you don't need go out to change some of a key. A can't really write here all off small but mandatory things for me. Hope the kunos will rework it in next Sim. A special regarding night and wether condition. It shame, because even Electronic Arts who has a 20 years old game named F1 challenge has all this things.

21. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Not having to turn your car on makes the game more user friendly not less. It's one less thing that can be configured wrong.