1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Please, allow turning off/on the engine

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by michele75, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Removing manual gear shifts should be the next step then.

2. come on, I am sure you can be smarter than that

michele75 likes this.
  3. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

@Lord Kunos
    Please add the ignition & starter option to the list with rain and night
    for you next game

Jason PLAdoh likes this.
  4. will do

McGregor, SunBro, Gevatter and 6 others like this.
  5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Right... I just don't agree when someone implies that it isn't needed or that not implementing it would be somehow better for the sim/game - that's it. If a starter button and engine stalling is too much for users then where do you draw the line of things to simulate? I do absolutely accept Kunos' explanation I've heard so far for why it's not implemented (missing audio/workload) however.

Thank you.

6. exactly. Not only you know the reasons very well because you've been around here for a long time.. plus, you draw a comparison between something you do 1 per session with something that you do dozens of time per lap... not really a fair line of thought.
    Anyhoo.... no point in discussing this further as we all agree it's something that won't hurt anybody to add.

7. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Next thing you'll be asked is to add auto-start option.

Michael Hornbuckle and Minolin like this.
  8. way ahead of you ;)

but for sure there will be some loser who'll ask for a "server settings" because "muh race is runined by those plebs using auto-start" :D

Thomas Gocke and Nmoleiro like this.
  9. Animal Ed

Animal Ed Simracer

Rain and night in next KS game?

Modern submarines simulation?!

Ok, i can live with that despite me more liking ships.

10. SunBro

SunBro Alien

AC2 is already complete for me then. While people kept asking for rain and night, ignition are starter were massively important to me. VERY glad to hear they'll be included.

11. you guys really are a weird bunch :D

12. Grid girls or no buy.

13. Has it been long enough since I last badgered for solid front axles in the next iteration of AC? If so, please, think of all the amazing machinery that could be born of this. Modding will never be the same again.

14. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

On the subject of servers...
    Will the physics calculations take place on the server itself or will AC2 servers work similarly to the current one?
    The way it is currently is ideal for hosts but puts strain on players PC's. Will you be looking to aleviate that strain or is it a design you'd prefer to keep?
    Or is it way too early to be thinking about it?

15. the question doesn't make any sense at all.
    But anyway.. let's not turn this thread in to a wish list.. so that's it.
    Kunos out :D

16. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

I dont think your PC is doing physics calculations for other players cars when using multiplayer.
    I would imagine the server is just exchanging the "telemetry data" for each car, (veleocity vector, steering angle etc etc.)
    Each player is calculating their own physics and sending the required data to the server. The server just makes sure that all other player have your data and you have everyone elses.

I maybe wrong but thats my guess on how it works

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  17. Every time people ask for engine stall to be included/enabled I bet Kunos goes like this (and I'm on that list as well :|) [​IMG]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk