1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Just tried AC in VR

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Chris, Feb 23, 2017.

1. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

I had that exact issue last night with my Pimax 4K, just turning it off and on again ingame helped.
    I guess it's some syncing issue between AC and OpenVR/SteamVR.

paul_wev likes this.
  2. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for answering, maybe we can get some help?

Ts-pc racer, t3pa with Bodin load cell brake conversion, t8ha, pc, htc vive, gt omega rig, etc.

3. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Edit: Fixed it.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  4. michael_

michael_ Simracer

If something is rendered to a texture using a fixed camera, to alter that view taking into account the position of the drivers head (which things like VR and tracking headsets are doing) should be some vector math shouldn't it? A different camera matrix.

5. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

I am considering switching to VR and have a question for you guys: I just read that the feature of room scale vr is not that good on a Standard Oculus Rift.
    Is room scale vr even a feature that is needed for VR in racing sims?

Thanks for your help. :)

6. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

Not for racing or cockpit style game no, only if you have to walk around

Ts-pc racer, t3pa with Bodin load cell brake conversion, t8ha, pc, htc vive, gt omega rig, etc.

CKraegel and mms like this.
  7. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

I've never understood why people say that about the Rift, I think it comes from the early days when it only came with one sensor which isn't ideal for full room gaming. But now it comes with two sensors which is fine for full room. I have my setup in a spare bedroom and things are arranged so that I can have pretty much the full room for VR for games like table tennis or Robo Recall (about a 10'x10' area) and it works great, my sensors can track me around the entire room without problem. Well, there can be a slight problem if I'm facing away from the sensors, obviously, but that would happen with any sensor-based tracking and I can get a third sensor to mount in the back of the room so the HMD is being tracked in all directions.

So yes, the Rift works fine for room scale gaming and some of the games are totally awesome and a whole lot of fun. None of this is needed in sim racing and when I bought my Rift I presumed I'd only use it for racing games since that's all I'd played for years but I was very wrong about that.

Stains and paul_wev like this.
  8. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

Thanks for the insights. :)

Sounds great, I think I‘ll have to give it a try. Oo

Edit: also thank you Paul. :)

paul_wev likes this.
  9. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

Short update: tested the Rift, got infected, goodbye triples.

10. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Always the same show with those first-starters in VR... :D

Roomscaling in HTCX is said to be easier mto set up becasue the sensor teczhnology is different there, the mask has active sensors, while the Rigft needs to be tracked by external sensors. That makes the Vive the better choice on this detail, say many of those knowing both.

For just one example:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/5sxw1j/oculus_roomscale_3_sensors_vs_vive_roomscale/

However, in cockpit simulators it hardly is a criterion, here goes the Rift first due to its slightly better image quality.

Jack_NL and CKraegel like this.
  11. Jack_NL

Jack_NL Simracer

Now we wait for his longest post ever on RD after some hours in VR with all the oooh's and aaah's about the immersion in VR and that its not just a gimmick :)

paul_wev and chksix like this.
  12. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Google to Reveal Its Pixel-packed 18MP VR Display for Wide FOV Headsets in May, LINK

Tim Meuris, dermonty, mms and 2 others like this.
  13. Full_Ninja

Full_Ninja Racer

That's a lot of Rez. Hope the gpu teams got something up their sleeve

14. mms

mms Alien

Yeah, me too, like something that prevents using their GPUs for crypto-currency mining :p

Typer, paul_wev, chksix and 1 other person like this.
  15. Full_Ninja

Full_Ninja Racer

Yes way more powerful and doesn't work on hash

16. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

As any one tried this? “Valve today released an update to SteamVR Beta that introduces a new system that automatically adjusts the VR game’s resolution in accordance with your GPU’s rendering ability. Presented by Valve Graphics Programmer Alex Vlachos in an official announcement, the auto-resolution tuner is, according to Vlachos, designed to squeeze the best possible visual experience out your GPU, lower the cost of VR, and also make developers’ lives a little bit easier.”
    https://www.roadtovr.com/valve-introduces-auto-resolution-optimization-squeeze-detail-vr-headset/

Mascot, Typer, paul_wev and 1 other person like this.
  17. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Made a short video of what AC looks like in VR by holding my phone up to the lens. Gives a pretty good idea of what I actually see through the headset.

18. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

If they do I will be happy to know as well.

19. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I was using the disable shadows .exe for AC but kept having to verify AC through steam I think because I would forget to shut AC and run the disable shadows program with AC running which messes up AC.exe. With shadows off there were some really dark shadows on some tracks that were really distracting (was definitely one at Silverstone 1967) I recently tried with shadows on for the first time and I think it looks really nice. Why do people run AC with shadows disabled in VR? The .exe says enjoy AC without flickering shadows, I get really distracting shadows when using this .exe and none that I have noticed without. I can understand using it for a performance gain but I don't see a benefit otherwise.

20. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Tracks look absolutely terrible without shadows, I can't get how some say you won't notice and forget after a while.
    But, the setting that looks and performs the best is shadows on ultra, so I base my settings around that.