1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1.10 and PP2 Impressions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Nov 22, 2016.

1. my (and my team) mental sanity > marketing
    :D

if you like more "marketing" like forums and games I am sure you'll find them pretty easily.

2. AmorFati

AmorFati Hardcore Simmer

Where can I order those? I'll take the blue and red one :D

On Topic: The 718 Spyder RS is the best car so far, it's perfect for an after work cruise around lake louise with some jazz on and a big fat spliff.

3. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

So why are you acting all butthurt again?

@Lord Kunos Dang, you guys did an amazing job on the pack. The GT3 RS is by far my favorite car right now, it drives so nice. Never imagined it would be so freaking fast (2:37.1xx around spa!)

4. Now this thread finally got interesting.

rafikens1000, rge75 and AmorFati like this.
  5. xela1

xela1 Racer

Kunos, your AC is great I love it, thx to your whole team! To threaten someone (not me till now) with something fits not to you - sorry.

6. pollinho123

pollinho123 Simracer

I don't think threatening is the right term here. If you constantly troll, insult or get aggressive you should expect some kind of action. Not just because someone disagrees with your opinion but to keep the forums clean and constructive. And ultimately that's the job 0f an Forum admin/moderator. I'm pretty sure you won't get banned if you write an constructive post even if you're criticising as long as it's on point.

Edit: And that doesn't solely refer to this forum.

mms, Seria17hri11er and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  7. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Exactly, if anyone ever saw a debate show on television there is a moderator in the middle. It makes the questions and directs the subjects of discussion, gives everyone a fair chance of saying their arguments, and tries to keep it civilized without people getting too much exalted over the other.
    Kunos did advise/warn for people to take such technical matters to the physics forum and not monopolize this thread with one technical aspect of tyre behavior.

Seria17hri11er and pollinho123 like this.
  8. The Boxster S is fun.
    [​IMG]

arthur666 and SMOKING__MONKEY3 like this.
  9. clemenskaa

clemenskaa Racer

In my humble opinion it is impossible to say which PP is better. Both packs added awesome cars to AC. It feels like blasphemy to chose between a 935 and 962. Or a 911 RSR and a 718 RS.

I just tested most of the current gen 911s and 718s we got at Brands Hatch and it was real fun to explore the diffences of the cars. Street cars with softer suspensions and less grip which feel alive on track in contrast to high precision tools like the GT3 RS which put all their power to the ground. It is a good selection in my eyes and all the cars have their place. It's not just about rising the car count.

As some people already stated the 962 feels a lot easier to drive than expected, but that isn't a bad thing. More like the Mazda 787b (mod car) than the C9. I can't say that I'm able to push these cars their limits (they push my to my limits ...) but C9 keeps me busy all the time while the 962 just goes fast.

But the car that really got me and put instantly a smile on my face was the 718 RS. I love old school race cars and so I might be biased, but that little thing is a dream to throw around the track. Had a fun race against the AI in 718s amd GTAs. They are on different tire models at the moment, but the combinations seems to fit.

I will be occupied driving these cars for a while but I'm really exited for the last pack, too. Great work from Kunos!

Hagen, mms, Seria17hri11er and 3 others like this.
  10. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

The GT3RS is funnier:) Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_rs_spa_22-11-116-23-12-19.jpg

Cheers
    Robin

Dennis S., PhenOm and DaveS78 like this.
  11. mxu79

mxu79 Gamer

Thank you KUNOS! Absolutely fantastic job, again!

nate likes this.
  12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Well, @MBK72 is a great example of being critical and not being banned. I think being constructive is the secret (as you say). :)

Seria17hri11er, MBK72 and Alexandr66 like this.
  13. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Well, all I remember from him was blatant ranting. But he's on my ignore list for some time now...

Jebus likes this.
  14. I am not threatening anybody. I think being part of the AC community is a privilege, not a right, and, as such, it needs to be deserved. The price people pay for the game gives them the game but not the right to be part of this community, everybody is free to come, stay, state their opinions, no matter how negative, as long it's all done in a respectful and civilized way.

I like to think about this forum as a nice and posh Tennis Club.. walk in drunk, molest the ladies and you'll be shown the door.

15. The Cayenne isn't bad either. (I'm lying, it might be fun stoplight to stoplight on the way to the mall, but on a track it is terrible)
    [​IMG]

Seria17hri11er and arthur666 like this.
  16. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I rather get my bubble burst by Stefano with "not planned, we think it's not needed" than "right now we don't have any news to share regarding that. But we will keep you posted if anything will change, so watch this space". Even if I don't like the decision, I like the answer, it's honest and actually contains some info.

And "threatening"? Seriously? With bunch of haha, smilies and "i know you mean good" at the end it looks more like a tip "I know your critique is constructive, but sometimes you are pushing the boundaries".
    "You will criticize AC one more time and you are gone" - that's closer to threatening.

Time to stop being so sensitive about silly stuff.

Alberto Llinares, TDS, nate and 6 others like this.
  17. Turk

Turk Alien

The GT3 RS is everything they said it would be. I can see why the press rave about it.

PhenOm and DaveS78 like this.
  18. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

It doesn't have to be used as a cheat. Seeing as we all have a wide range of toy pedals it can be used to dial in better braking behavior on different equipment, or on cars like the Mazza GT4 that enjoy locking their brakes easy it can be used to make that a bit more manageable. We can adjust the strength of our force feedback to dial in our wheels, why not be able to adjust the pressure of our brakes to dial in our pedals?

Bo-Göran Larsson likes this.
  19. xela1

xela1 Racer

T
    Thx for reply, clears reaction, I'm with you.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  20. Dave Kafato

Dave Kafato Gamer

[QUOTE="I like to think about this forum as a nice and posh Tennis Club.. walk in drunk, molest the ladies and you'll be shown the door.[/QUOTE]
    110% agree with this.

Where else do you get to actually communicate with the actual company on this level.