1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1.10 and PP2 Impressions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Nov 22, 2016.

1. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

WTF.. Didnt that car have h-pattern last time I drove it (yesterday)? :D

2. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I noticed that all the time when I was using my DK2. With the CV1 or monitor worked fine.

3. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

yes... still does :confused:
    I think AC does a basic animation like that for all H box cars

4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Looks like a sequential stick to me. :/

5. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Just a factual correction as I'm also a pc owning pedant much to your chagrin I'm sure, they let anyone buy these devices you know. I've only ever moaned about pc only players with no knowledge of the console game bumping their gums in the console forums and adding nothing. I do think the forums should be separate unless both have equal access to make uninformed comments.

You do like the last word and then run away don't you? Remember the feeling you express is entirely mutual as clearly the previous metaphor was lost on you.

Even the boss man showed a sense of humour about it, there is a lesson there for you if you care to look.

Enjoy the Porsche Pack and I hope we'll soon be able to do the same on console.

6. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

Real life experience in an old Miata makes you an expert on driving dynamics of modern Porsches? You are a fast driver in a sim, no doubt, but that doesn't make you an expert on how modern sports cars drive and feel with performance tires like Cup2's. Its a world of a difference.

I find it kind of funny how AC physics are good enough for Porsche to jump on board and use AC as their sim of choice at the factory and performance schools, but a kid with a Miata thinks there are serious issues with it. :) And I'm not necessarily saying you are wrong. Maybe you are super gifted and have a great sense for this. But your current resume unfortunately doesn't qualify you for that job just yet.

I'll be the last person to say I'm an expert or qualified to speak of the physics, but I've probably spent more time on the real track than most people here who talk like sim experts. I'm just giving an opinion like everyone else, but from personal experiences.

Me on track in my GT4:

[​IMG]

Me on track in my friend's 991.1 GT3:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  7. A quick post, in effort to keep us On Topic

You don't drive the 718 RS

You dance with her

It's a dance of bliss

Jim Layhee, TDS, asehauDLM and 10 others like this.
  8. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

...and to put some salt to the discussion, let me remind you guys that the McLaren F1 GTR and Mercedes C9 are on v10s too... :D

9. pavano

pavano Simracer

It
    It says beta though...
    So, can I still use v7 model? :D

Please please for v10 for my beloved Loti GX and GTC

Aristotelis likes this.
  10. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  11. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yeah I say beta because the v10 tyre model, while it might look similar in terms of values, it has been a big rewrite in terms of code (thanks Stefano) and gives us much more data to compare and look at when we play with the values, thus we can compare better with real life data.
    Obviously right now most of our time is taken by the Porsche Packs content creation, but after that, during xmas vacation, I'm going to have a head on period of time validating and fine tuning the v10 tyres for all cars

12. Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  13. AmorFati

AmorFati Hardcore Simmer

I've driven about 3500km as a passenger in the GT3 RS and about 150 km as a driver in real life (German b roads mostly). Was a 2014 model btw.
    I can't really make the comparison to the ingame feeling of this car, because I've way too less km's on the clock to make an accurate comparison, but from what I can say, it's pretty spot on.

And I think it's safe to say that my impression counts a bit more than that from a miata kid who hasn't even touched the door handle of this car in RL.

Also, your GT4 looks f-ing tasty, got some more footage of it?

14. pavano

pavano Simracer

thanks Aristotelis for the explanation!
    No hurry.
    The PP really turned out so well. And I hate Porsches :D irl.
    But driving them in AC is really something.
    Thanks again!

nks

15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Aehem, vacations are for recreation, having a good time with the family, meeting friends. That stuff. Probably you forgot the true meaning of holiday, but pls don't go over the top. Relax and do nothing for a change...
    ;):)

16. Go to the skin folder for a car that is the color of grey that you like and copy and paste it's metal_detail.dds file into the carbon fiber folder and it should change that one into the grey you want.

asehauDLM, Seria17hri11er and Jebus like this.
  17. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Well, that's my xmas present sorted. Thank you! :D

IgnacioKotas and Seria17hri11er like this.
  18. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Last exclusive Porsche game was Need for Speed Porsche which is pretty much an arcade. I don't see why Porsche choosing AC should be taken as some indicator.

19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Because NFS didn't run on the official Porsche simulators?