1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1.10 and PP2 Impressions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

Yea I'm sure before this Porsche had NFS cockpit setups all over their factories and driving schools. Thank God for AC. :p

2. Berry

Berry Alien

Haha, this is getting good right now :D.Guys, don't bash NFS Porsche just because you are AC fanboys, #simcade.
    @Aristotelis: Great news about TM V10! :)

3. some1pl

some1pl Alien

Have you thought about an idea that during xmas vacation you can have something like, you know, vacation?

4. unknwn

unknwn Alien

I do not believe that x manufacturer choosing y simulator as platform should mean a lot. As far as I know large manufacturers might choose y simulator as a platform for rendering and other stuff but add their own proprietary modules for tire model and etc.
    I guess AC currently best fits to simulate modern Porsche road cars (compared to other consumer simulators) because of features like dynamic controllers (ERS, AWD, rear wheel steering, electronics), but that doesn't automatically mean other basics are spot on.

ouvert likes this.
  5. Well that is a hell of a Christmas gift to your self!

Seriously though, anything we the community could actually give the team for Christmas?

Perhaps we can give them a laugh? Send something wildly inappropriate adorned with Kunos stickers/emblems to their Vallelunga office...perhaps :D

Mogster, pollinho123 and AmorFati like this.
  6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I could relief them of one of those Kunos shirts, I mean they cant have much space left with all Porsches everywhere. I could even pay to do it.

Seria17hri11er and AmorFati like this.
  7. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

@Seria17hri11er Fred Astaire once described Cyd Charrise like that. (Very old movie stars, incredible dancers)

My first impression with it was that it has very good tires comparing to 550 mod. Later I checked wikipedia, and 550 is 6-8 years older :)

People do you ever feel that pain when you can't decide - should I take C9 or should I take 962.... Life is difficult.

Sooo

Took C9 to SPA. Could it be that it is much faster with default setup than it was ? I remember not being able to get under 2'19 with default 100 turbo. And now I almost improved my PB with 2'17.

Mclaren feels like it is much less prone to slide now. But it is possible that I never drove it on full grip before, or I mostly didn't. I don't have LapTime benchmark for it :/ Even though once I had crazy online race with it at Silverstone, but AC not always is, or was saving PB from online sessions.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Because it has V10 tyres maybe? But shouldnt v10 be a bit slower? Its also a posibility that you have become a better driver.

9. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

It might be because of V10 :D But not sure though... very hard to tell...

10. ouvert

ouvert Alien

11. AmorFati

AmorFati Hardcore Simmer

I'm totally in for this. AC helped me cope with some nasty nasty RL stuff and pulled me through a big depression. So I feel like I owe them a bit. Perhaps an idea too pull of some sort of crowdfunding so we can save up and give them an actuall cool gift? If so I ship in 50 bucks.

12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

The 550 mod actually is on V10, too...

13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Oh yeah.. might have been a missunderstanding. I was refering to the part about c9 and his time on Spa. :)

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  14. I'm glad it was you who said that. Unfortunately William won't see that any time soon. :)

People buy Miatas not because of the performance but because it is kind of b*tch (read, fun) to drive. That doesn't mean other cars drives like that.

Alberto Llinares, nate and AmorFati like this.
  15. Radiantm3

I hope it didn't sound like I was downplaying the Miata though. It's a fantastic car and probably a better overall track car than these "easy to drive" Porsches. :p I like driving my S2000 more on and off track than my GT4. It's more raw and without a bunch of modern technology to make things easier. My GT4 is way faster than my S2K, but so much easier to drive even at the limits. I appreciate the Porsche for the engineering feats and it does drive really great, but if I want to feel alive driving feel challenged and a bit of fear thrown in, the older sports cars are where it's at.

16. Robert M525

Robert M525 Gamer

Holy flamewar, Batman! I went to bed and this thread exploded. :eek: My 2¢: it's not what you say, it's how you say it.

Anyway, that aside, for whatever it's worth, here's my lap in the Boxster S PDK.

I didn't do very many laps, but the best I got was a 2:29.406, 0.678 seconds slower than the best time I've gotten in the Cayman S.

Can I just say how nice it is that the convertible top is down? It stinks when convertibles have their tops up 100% of the time in games (like Gran Turismo 6, for instance). It might make some sense to have the top up at a track, but for most people, I'd imagine that if the sun is shining, you can bet the top would be down. Also, it looks better. :)

Oh, and the fact that we have both the PDK and manual on the Boxster S is great.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  17. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Good to hear.

Would it be possible to include solution to force all AI cars to use either road or slicks.

Or will you be getting rid of street and semislicks?

488 GTB has only hypercar road.

While 458 italia/ mp4-12c has street/semislicks option.

frodesa likes this.
  18. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

That one has been requested since the dawn of time... i doubt it is coming.

19. Radiantm3

I have some photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/radiantmark/albums/72157667374196313 and a track video on my youtube page in my signature. :)

I have a few friends with 991 GT3RS', but I have yet to ride in one or drive one. I did drive a 997.2 GT3RS and it was fantastic. :)

20. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

I did a comparison at Silverstone GP and the Cayman and Boxster 718 were within a tenth of each other. Neither were absolutely stonking laps, so there may be a slight inherent advantage to one of them, but overall, they're remarkably similar in both how they drive and how fast they go round the track. Which shouldn't be massively surprising, I guess! And with both of them, I really have to turn traction control off. They are simply too boring with it on and they bog down *majorly* when trying to go through a longer, slow corner while keeping a bit of throttle on to keep the rear end comin round a bit better. It's just painful at times and turning TC off is the only way to help it, even if it does make the cars much more of a handful to keep in line in these situations.

So far, my two favorites are the Cayman GT4 and the 911 GT3 RS. I expected the GT4 to be good, and it is, being a loaded up version of the race car, but still having much of the liveliness and agility of it. The GT3 RS was a surprise. I mean, I know they're good cars, but man, this thing is just night and day with the 911 S. So urgent, so supremely balanced, so alive - it does not really feel like an 'upgraded' 911 at all, but a totally different breed of car.

Ace Pumpkin, Seria17hri11er and MBK72 like this.