1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

3D Helmet with refraction effects.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Hazy, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Hazy

Hazy Gamer

I imagine that it would require quite a lot of work but the immersion it provides is worth every minute of that work.

[​IMG]

Would you agree and like to have it ?

zielony94, alex72, BMASTER and 3 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Helmet cam without G forces? May 20, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Disable neck motion when using camera with helmet overlay in VR? Mar 29, 2023
    ACC User Interface [SUGGESTION] Helmet cam adjustments Jul 24, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Here is a solution to (temporary) remove the helmet in helmet view in VR Jun 14, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Helmet View Apr 10, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Virtual mirror in helmet view Mar 27, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals TrackIR5 does not work with Helmet & Front views! Mar 11, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Alpine GT4 Helmet view Nov 10, 2020
    ACC User Interface Who know how the Helmet view behaves? Oct 28, 2020
    ACC User Interface No lock to horizon using the helmet cam? Oct 13, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Helmet camera Sep 2, 2020
    ACC User Interface Toggle helmet in helmet view? May 28, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting "helmet camera view" turning left and right with steering input Mar 6, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Anyone know how to remove helmet in drivers view? Feb 21, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality ACC VR helmet jumping/flickering issue Jan 29, 2020

3. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

not really because you dont really notice this when your on track anyway

4. Bailey

Bailey Alien

Very interesting. Is that what it looks like? I have never worn a car racing helmet before.
    ~Bailey

Hazy likes this.
  5. Hazy

Hazy Gamer

How can you say that ? There's so much reflections and distortions on the visor that it's impossible not to notice it.

Pretty much, yes. I used a kinda wide FOV because with a low one like 40 to simulate 1:1 POV on an 20-25 display you would only see a bit of that V thing you use to close the visor but in RL that is pretty much what it looks like.

6. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

I prefer glance to left / right come first then this one. Or both come together ?? :D

Hazy likes this.
  7. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Then may be this is not for me cause i always use close FOV. Anyway still waiting Kunos or modder to make that glance left / right thing happen :rolleyes:

Hazy likes this.
  8. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

[​IMG]

you can see here that there is nothing in your view line apart from on the very sides of the visor.. which you do not notice when you are driving around..

obviously helmet designs differ and i'm yet to wear one where I could see as much visor as you show on your OP.

Hazy and Robilon like this.
  9. Robilon

Robilon Racer

Your eyes does not focus on the visor because of the distance between eye-visor.. while in game there is no distance difference between your eyes and the game stuff itself. You can't focus the visor "away", it would only become a nuisance.

This is the problem with the current AC car windscreen too.. It's so ****ty when light shines on it, and while irl you could less the effect by just focusing on the outside, in AC you can't...

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
    Hagen, Hazy and ChrisR like this.
  10. BMASTER

BMASTER Hardcore Simmer

Looks nice. With a triple screen setup, the problem with a close FOV wouldn't be such a problem. But for a single screen setup it would look a bit weird. Could you do a screen with a close FOV like 35?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

Hazy likes this.
  11. Tucker73

Tucker73 Hardcore Simmer

do people race with the plastic visor down in GT cars? or am I just not getting it.

Hazy likes this.
  12. BMASTER

BMASTER Hardcore Simmer

I'm not sure, but I would say yes. Since some of the cars have intakes in the windows.

Hazy likes this.
  13. Bailey

Bailey Alien

Oh, in the OP I barely noticed the bottom of the visor, near the nose. That I can attest to :) It may be minor, but I like the attention to detail.
    ~Bailey

Hazy likes this.
  14. Hazy

Hazy Gamer

Not quite true because the helmet or the windscreen do not disappear when you're not focused on them, they just become blurred like on that picture. And as for the windscreen, it's not that close actually so you can't really unfocus it.

The thought is that I manipulated the distances a bit. If the camera would be exactly where it supposed to be (very close to the visor) then the whole helmet would be invisible even with FOV around 75 so triple or single screen is not the goal really but IMO this is a must for the Rift where FOV reaches 90. Not to mention open cars where the visor would be shut with all the glare, reflection and other stuff visible.

Something like this -

[​IMG]

Lazybug and BMASTER like this.
  15. BMASTER

BMASTER Hardcore Simmer

Looks awesome^^
    Want it so bad.

Hazy likes this.
  16. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Yeah thats looks nice i like that too. So friend if you can do it then just do it, people have the right to sound their opinion but they also can ignore the mod later if they believe thats pointless so no need to waste time to explain or convince them. Usually explain more will result in more arguement, thats the mistake i make before, i hope you dont do that, just focus on create the mod cause many others actually like it :D
    But still i hope you can do this like what you do for F1 2013 where "glance left & right" is possible :D

Hazy likes this.
  17. Robilon

Robilon Racer

Next time when you drive on rainy day, don't use wipers and see for yourself ;)

As for the visor, you can't see the visor as shown in picture... Should be more transparent and even more blurry.. It's hard to make it look right. Also would be nice to know what kind of helmet this represents?

Hazy likes this.
  18. harryorlsen

harryorlsen Racer

dont need a visor & more dirt effects. hated them in others games btw.
    you could rather create some new stylish cockpits, new interior concept designs. that would be great.

Hazy likes this.
  19. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

not usually

Hazy likes this.
  20. Hazy

Hazy Gamer

Guys I'm not making anything, I've got no programming skills all I know is some basic rendering stuff and that is it.
    I've got ideas though, many of them actually and here's another one.

Maybe we don't need visible parts of helmet but we surely need the visor to get it wet during rain (it there ever will be one) in open cars, like so maybe.

[​IMG]

21. Robilon

Robilon Racer

Wow... no. The helmet visors are not made to get the water stuck in them, but the opposite.. the visor material is water resistanced (can't find the proper english word). And also the wind blows the water away. You think this is what F1 drivers see when they race on rain? :D:D:D

Hazy likes this.