1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

4 wheels out - 50 kph penalty

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ben Lee, Nov 23, 2013.

1. t0tcotunjo2

t0tcotunjo2 Gamer

Actually it gives me motivation to NOT DRIVE AT ALL.

2. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

Lol. It's forced on in hotlaps and I've just done about 50 of those and probably went of 4 or 6 times, no biggy as it screwed up my lap anyway. I agree it should be turned off but it's nothing to cry about

3. pmc40

pmc40 Gamer

wimps, stops cuttin the track

4. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

This...:D

Never have truer words been said.
    Drive within the cars limits, your limits, track limits and there should be no problems.

SBT...:)

Denis Castilloux likes this.
  5. t0tcotunjo2

t0tcotunjo2 Gamer

I can't. I want, but car just go out of track. So basically - it's cars fault.

6. Monsieur_Whippy

Monsieur_Whippy Simracer

Why not just add a time penalty.

If the game can detect you've gone off track bit time to turn your throttle off (like this is realistic for a sim to start with?), then it can easily just apply a forced penalty can't it?

Maybe count the time you are off track for and add that to your lap time extra?

Dave

7. Cris_Ace

Cris_Ace Gamer

The worse part of the thing is that also that ,during pratice with no penalties,if you do a unlegal cut-out lap,the sim will record it as your best lap....I believe this will be just a temporary solution,I'm sure that the team will fix it in somehow in the future...ciaoooo

8. The problem isn't having a penalty, but the way it is implemented. On hot laps, lap invalidation is a better solution.

But at races I agree with the slowdown thing, but let the driver do it, if he doesn't do in a few seconds, give him a drive-through penalty.

What I don't like is my car slowing down by itself, it's so unrealistic.

djkostas and edgec0m like this.
  9. FerrariMan96

FerrariMan96 Racer

I agree with this, I don't want AC, which is such a good sim in terms of physics, to be ruined by unrealistic un-sim like non-physics stuff such as this. I like to be in control at all times in sims, like in the gMotor sims and iRacing (although I haven't used it, I know that it is also like this).

Zorg likes this.
  10. Paps

Paps Racer

While i agree that 50kmh is abit much, i welcome the penalty for cutting or abusing track limit out of turn. But as i am saying that, it would be better to incorporate iRacing like penalty, where you need to slow down for a while without having to go 50kmh

11. Mitch12

Mitch12 Gamer

It would be better to invalidate the hole lap instead of this very annoying method that takes you out your rhythm.
    After all it is a sim not a arcade racer.

12. Paps

Paps Racer

That is good only for Hotlapaing. But for race it needs to slow you down. Otherwise people will do it all the time. And its no fun racing agains people who cut the track, or take lines that are too wide, to gain speed. You dont see real racing drivers abusing that. They have rules aswell.

13. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

o_O You clearly don't watch formula 1 lol

however I agree.

14. Paps

Paps Racer

Well ok. :) Some do. But even when they do it , they are usualy under investigation.

15. Mitch12

Mitch12 Gamer

Works fine like that in other games they could make it so if said drivers do it 2 or 3 times they get a through penalty after that they get a 10 second stop go.

Forged likes this.
  16. Bigbazz

Bigbazz Racer

I find this penalty system is one of the biggest frustrations of playing the game. If I make a mistake and go outside the track limits I'm already punished, I don't need a further 5 second penalty... What is worse tho is many times it happens when I'm almost losing control of the car, I could keep the car under control fine with use of the throttle but the penalty kicks in and forces me to spin by cutting my throttle. This is meant to be a simulator and considering how hard your view has been on pure simulation towards the FFB I'm surprised that you can have a system like this in that has no relation to real life at all.

I'd be fine with a track detection system that just invalidated the laps. Simraceway has a great system with a time penalty added to your final time if you breach the track limits, which means that doing so will always be slower, big cuts or offtracks always resulting in a full invalid lap, but small ones only result in a small time penalty. This way still punishes you for going offtrack and it still makes track abuse a non-viable way of driving but it doesn't disrupt the gameplay, which is what Assetto Corsa's system does.

I love the game, but this penalty system infuriates me and it has no place in a simulator.

BlueSkies, Yanaran and Mitch12 like this.
  17. Mitch12

Mitch12 Gamer

+1

18. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I hate the 50kph penalty. Just invalidate the lap please.

19. Forged

Forged Rookie

This sounds like a great option - and more realistic. Plus, if you're in a race and have to do a stop-go penalty or a 10 second stop and go, you're going to try and obey the track limits! But it at least keeps you in complete control of your car and is more realistic. But, I wouldn't do a stop-go penalty on one time out. Maybet 2 or 3 like Mitch12 said. In the GT racing I've seen - drivers aren't given a penalty with only one time out.

For hot-lapping, I would just invalidate the lap, no slow-down penalties and no stop-go-penalties/etc.

20. FerrariMan96

FerrariMan96 Racer

(Just thought I'd mention this - I had already started my thread on the same topic before this one, so having two parallel discussions is a bit confusing...)

From reading both this thread and the one I had already made the same topic, it seems that some people are getting confused between practice/hot lap/qualifying and race penalties, or not thinking it through.

Remembering that AC will have AI for offline racing and online racing too, it is worth remembering that simple "invalidated laps" will not discourage people from disobeying track limits in a race, as it's the whole race that counts not a lap time. As others (and myself) have suggested, invalidated laps work perfectly fine in practice/hot lap/qualifying season, but in a race a punishing but more realistic penalty is needed, such as a drive through after a number of offences.

On another note - if the system is going to give drive-throughs, then I think it would probably need to be able to differentiate between going off and gaining an advantage and making a mistake and going off (losing time). Not sure how hard this is to code, but I think there are 2 possible options for identifying when a track limits offence is commuted during a race:

1. Simplest solution would probably be to have specific cut/gaining an advantage zones, e.g. On the inside of corners to make sure they aren't being cut, and on the outside of corners with tarmac/similarly hard, grippy substance that would allow time to be gained (no need for corners with grass on the outside, as going wide onto the grass loses time).
    2. A possibly more complex solution (don't know how complex) would be (in a race) to identify if when a car goes off the track whether an advantage is gained or not, maybe by comparing to previous lap times or other cars on the road. This would probably be hard to code and I'm not sure how well it would work, but it would be the most realistic and fair option if it was working properly. Plus, it could also then allow the offender to slow down and 'give back' any time gained, like in real life, and then avoid a penalty.