1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A little help driving without traction and stability control

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by RavageTheEarth, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Can I use the ever so popular dolphinscan?

2. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

3. You know 99% of the tracks are Laser scanned right? Using LIDAR. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lidar

It's a running joke on the forum to say that if something needs improvement--"it needs to be laser scanned", or got improved "laser scanned flames!"

4. Ahh alright haha. I did know the tracks were laser scanned but I wasn't sure what laser scanning meant in terms of reverb!!

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  5. By the way, I don't need Enhanced Understeer Effect anymore with 1.5. Feels great without it.

Also, check out this new App. This is now possible due to the FFB Post Process that came with 1.5.

G27/25 etc, the wheel force is not linear. Here is an example. The bottom scale is the force sent from the computer. The left scale is the force actually applied:

[​IMG]

Everyone here is under the impression that is bad. Maybe, maybe not, I'm not sure at this time. I read some info from iRacing forums--specifically a Developer stated--that lower torque wheels (like G27/25) linear force isn't so good. Forces on the lower end are hard to be perceived/felt on lower end wheels if the force is linear.

One thing is for sure, that wavy a** curve isn't any good.

So Akis Kev wrote a Lookup Table Generator that will create a LUT from a curve created from WheelCheck that AC can read. AC looks at the LUT, for example "Car generating 10% force, but 10% to this wheel is actually 5%."

Right, so the bottom line is it takes your non-linear wheel response and makes it linear. I haven't tried it yet, but will soon.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/lut-generator-for-ac.31699/

ZethGAF and Sleeper Service like this.
  6. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

^ This.
    Certainly worth a shot. I tried this out recently and there is definitely a change in response and feel in the wheel (G27 here). There's also no need to use Min Force when using a LUT. I've actually setup 3 LUT's 1 at 100% in profiler 1 at 105% and 1 at the fabled 107%. The plan for this weekend is to actually spend some time driving and evaluate further over a range of vanilla laser scanned tracks. I'll probably also include the bumpy Zandvoort.

The little time I've spent so far certainly feels improved, particularly round the centre. Wheelcheck had told me previously that I should set Min Force at 13%, now it's at 0 and I'll just use the LUT and Profiler setup that feels the best.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  7. ZethGAF

ZethGAF Simracer

I really like the results I'm getting with my T300. Much smoother and more precise feedback, I feel. I do lose a bit of weight at the very center, but the trade-off is worth it - and I was able to mitigate this somewhat by generating a few more LUTs with driver gain a bit higher at ~78%.

8. Thanks for the suggestions! I've been using wheel check and making graphs with the data since I got the wheel and also noticed how NOT linear the graphs were. I just tried out that LUC program and it does seem a lot better! I also turned off enhanced understeer and I'm fine without it!

9. Awesome! I just set up a LUT as well and I agree, it is fantastic! Much better. :)

10. So I decided to go ahead and try the RUF R12 RWD version with no traction or stability control. Any tips? I almost lost it at the beginning, but besides that I think I did pretty well. While driving I felt like I was going too easy, but I always feel like that until I watch the replay and see it from a different perspective. This game is weird like that.

11. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Lol I think you just left the space where most of the people around here can give tips :)

RavageTheEarth likes this.
  12. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

You have some good habits. Main one is that you don't go towards the curve when braking which is one of the most common mistakes people do when driving. You brake in a straight line and then turn in. Good.

The two main issues I find in your video is that it seems that you are not looking far ahead where you want to go, but probably very close to the end of your bonnet to see where you have positioned your car, that makes your lines a bit pointy, instead of smooth. You can also see that you don't use all the width of the road on exit.

The other issue I see is that you are a bit slow in the middle of the turn. Especially on the last chicane, you can carry much more speed, but you need to make the car dance between the apexes. You practically stop the car in 2nd gear and then enter. Try arriving in 3rd gear, lower revs and let the car coast for the first part and then power out the second part. You could use 3rd gear on other turns too, this car has so much torque and power that using 2nd gear is probably overkill and waste of time trying to control the power.

Turn off the ideal line and have fun :)

13. Great tips thanks! I think you make a good point with the ideal line. I've grown too dependent on it. Rather than concentrate on the line I should be concentrating on the track itself. I definitely could go faster around some of those corners, but I had a couple wide entrances which made me have to lay off the gas a bit, but this was my first time driving this car without TC and SC so I was trying to take it easy a bit. I'll definitely take your advice and do some more practice! Thanks again!

Aristotelis likes this.
  14. So I turned the ideal racing line off and quickly realized how lost I am without it! Didn't realize I was depending on it THAT much! I've only driven on Magione two or three times so I don't really know the map so I decided to practice my apexes there. Disregard the last few turns in the video because I messed up, but how does the cornering look besides that? I was going a little slow because I am still learning that map.

15. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Way too early on throttle which results in missed apexes or if not then you are going far too wide and have to let off in order to stay between the white lines. It's completely compromising your racing line, be patient with the gas pedal. Especially that GrA likes to understeer on throttle.
    T5 - the one before back straight, you went for the apex too early. There's the longest straight on the circuit so you want to have the best speed and acceleration there so you need to drive in a bit later. You need to go as far to the left as you can before turning in, so you can carry more speed through it and have better speed on exit.

Oh I forgot about slamming the brakes. You are locking your tyres when you are braking with full pedal travel range because this car doesn't have ABS. This will give you longer braking distance and might flat spot your tyres if done couple times... or once but with big lock up.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  16. Minolin

Doesn't matter, go through it. I'm a bit ashamed that we didn't point towards the line until Aris did.
    You probably need to re-learn corners, references points and such things. But it's really worth it, you focus on the right things then. Take it as another "learning" stage where you only focus on your (imaginary) line, break points and apexes instead of going fast.

17. Yep I'm pretty terrible without the ideal line. With the line I'm 1:21 on Magione and without it I'm 1:29....

18. Minolin

You have 2 days :D

19. Haha I'm getting a little better now my times are almost matching my imaginary line times now".

@V8_KB great tip on the braking I don't know why I've just been slamming the pedal. I don't do that in real life so I'm not sure what justified me doing that in the game.

20. Alright how's this one looking? I did see some mistakes, but I feel like I'm getting used to it a little more.