1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Graphics and Performance Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by MonzterPixel, Oct 29, 2019.

1. John g

John g Simracer

Can someone help a PC newb with graphics settings post 1.8?

I'm using 1660 super on 3440x1440p , targeting 60 FPS.

normally i use 100% resolution and have KTAA on epic.

GPU is typically running around 85%.

Will just enabling FSR at these settings give me any benefit or is it only useful if i drop resolution to say 80% and use FSR for sharpening and potentially increase my FPS (my screen is capable of 100hz)

Lastly, in each scenario (100%/80% resolution) what quality mode and sharpness setting is most appropriate. I understand at ultra quality you drop down on sharpness.

I will have a play but don't really know what I'm doing so a headstart would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
  2. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

It will boost the fps when enabled without any other modification of graphic settings.

Just try it. If you're not satisfied you can always disable it again.
    I'm having a 960GTX and I'm having about 60fps without FSR and around 80 with FSR (no other settings changed)

3. John g

John g Simracer

Thanks just done some quick testing.
    Indeed, just turning FSR on gave me a performance boost.

Dropping the resolution from 100 to 80 to 70 with custom FSR got me from 80 to 90 to 100 FPS, and then going down to 60 resolution my GPU was able to come down to 85%.

So i am closing in to final settings - resolution between 65 and 70, sharpness 95 ish (doesn't seem to affect performance too much going from 80 to 90 to 100?) and FPS capped at 80, looks pretty nice, stable frame rates, and has GPU running between 70-80% (solo).

4. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Well... turning on FSR will drop the internal render resolution already, which is why it gives you a performance boost and then scaling it up again to your display resolution. Turning down Render Resolution in ACC on top will decrease graphics quality. You have to look what is still acceptable for you.
    It's a compromise what you want to achieve. Better overall look (shadows, foliage, effects, ...) or better clear and sharp image (render resolution)....

John g likes this.
  5. John g

John g Simracer

Ah, i wasn't aware the FSR would drop the internal resolution, but makes sense with the improvement seen. It's pretty effective, really nice addition.

Dropping the resolution doesn't hurt my eyes too much, and i was able to turn bloom back on which is a nice effect even at low.

6. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

Enabling FSR in custom mode paired with a lower than 100% image scaling setting shouldn't cause a double upscaling, but just affect the input resolution (r.ScreenPercentage) fed into FSR's upsampler and skip UE's. This is why when you select other fsr quality presets (which force values like 77, 67, 59, 50) that image scaling option becomes locked.

Just enabling custom by itself isn't forcing an r.ScreenPercentage value under 100, this is why it allows you to benefit only of RCAS at native resolution if res scale is left at 100% (as stated on the graphics options).

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
    AndyK70 likes this.
  7. Were there any changes on how the engine.ini file works? the game seems to ignore it. I cant play with this flickering shadows all day, i would like to have them turned off like i had for years now, any ideas?

8. Nuu

Nuu Gamer

Engine.ini works for me. Maybe specific parameters have changed, idk.
    Have you tried Scalability.ini ? It might take precedence, still don't know exactly.
    example Scalability.ini:
    [ShadowQuality@1] <-This will apply when you set Shadow Quality to "Med" in the menu:
    r.Shadow.MaxCSMResolution=2048
    r.Shadow.CSM.MaxCascades=3
    your line here...

the upside is that you can set different things for ShadowQuality@0, @1, @2, @3 and switch while running.

9. nolive72

nolive72 Racer

I had left ACC unattended for several months but decided to come back with buying this latest DLC pack yesterday.

I had sold my 1080Ti and VEGA 64LC that were running the Game on 2 separate rigs, and focus Gaming on one single rig with an AMD 6600XT bought beginning of the Year when prices for this model were becoming reasonable over here in Japan.

this card is a beast honestly in terms of efficiency, I am running it UCed and UVed (2220Mhz core at 1V), its pulling between 60 and 75fps doing hot lap in clear weather EPIS settings on my UW 1440p monitor while using less than 75W of power, no kidding.
    I am also pushing the limit of return on efficiency with my 3500X CPU by running it Windows power saver mode so CPU+GPU power usage is just above 100W

surely I will spend the weekend on ACC and a race with numerous AI and bad weather would require to utilize the GPU and CPU standard Frequencies to stay above 60fps in min low frames situations but I am sure it will even pull higher than 75fps in others.

This 6600XT card is really a gem, highly recommended as I see pricing below $500 over here, and I can tell you I loved my 1080Ti and VEGA for what they were delivering (and the fun OCing them!!)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2022
  10. icemanzp

icemanzp Simracer

hi guys.
    Choosing between 3060 and 6650 xt. Can't find any banchmarks of this Radeon in ACC.
    Can somebody give an advice? Thanks in advance.

11. Gobrel

Gobrel Gamer

Difficult to find something. I would guess the the 6650XT could be 10% faster than the 3060.

Here is a 3050 agains the RX600 review with ACC at 9:34

icemanzp likes this.
  12. G.Lau

G.Lau Rookie

Can anyone advise roughly how many FPS (High or Epic) on a triple 1440p using a 6900XT. I’ve watched the Dan Suzuki video … but that was a while ago (pre v1.8)

I currently run a 2080ti / 5600x and get about 60-80 fps (mainly high settings)

Seen many bargain deals for a 6900xt lately so wondering if it’s worth entertaining at this point in time.

13. oskarmg13

oskarmg13 Rookie

Buenas,de repente he dejado de ver la lluvia caer en el cristal delantero de cualquier coche aunque llueva torrencialmente, a alguien mas le ha pasado?

14. Mirage01

Mirage01 Gamer

Just tried ACC for the first time. I have everything on epic, res at 100% but the graphics are not 100% sharp especially in the distance. I have been reading about it being an AA issue etc so im wondering if someone could give me the best settings for the sharpest possible graphics without needing to over sample the image and kill fps.

Is the advanced sharpness filter and default sharpness 80% preferred, or turn off advanced and put sharpness to 300%? Im sort of shocked we cant get sharp graphics and AA i thought this game was supposed to have amazing graphics, it cant even get a sharp image. not good enough.

15. John g

John g Simracer

What resolution? 1080p? 4k?

If everything is on epic, then just bump up your resolution to over 100%, taa to epic, temporal, gen5 on. Don't bother with sharpening effects etc.

And make sure DLSS and FSR are off, (or if FSR is on, it's set to custom)

16. Mirage01

Mirage01 Gamer

Ok i will try those settings, cheers.

17. boban666

boban666 Rookie

FSR does not work for me. I have rx 6800xt, 10600k, 16Gb ram. I'm playing at 3440x1440 on high settings. On the SPA track, for example, at the start of the race (25 car on grid , start from last position) I have 95 fps, and when I turn on FSR, I also have 95. I set it to custom, performance, etc.
    There is no difference between FSR on or off
    . Only the resolution has changed a bit. I don't have locked fps, I have the latest drivers and even the BIOS installed.
    Game reinstalled, files from my documents deleted.

18. Stains

Stains Simracer

Use something to monitor GPU / CPU usage. My 10600k is the bottleneck for me. If you are CPU limited FSR will do nothing.

19. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

Try the same in a hotlap session, most likely you are just CPU limited with that number of AI

20. boban666

boban666 Rookie

With FSR enabled, the GPU is 70% loaded and the CPU is 40/50%. I thought 10600k was too weak unfortunately