1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Advice on Ferrari 458 + Silverstone GP setup

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by cabelo3d, Feb 7, 2014.

1. cabelo3d

cabelo3d Racer

I could not find any posts regarding to setups, so here is my question. I'm driving the Ferrari 458 on Silverstone GP a lot and my laptime is always around 2:22, the fastest so far is 2:21:850.
    Commenting on some Youtube videos, the faster guys said their time were around 2:17 and their cars seems to be really "sticky" to the road. I watched their videos lots of times and they can turn their cars with much more grip then mine. I tried some tweaks but unsuccessfully. I'm running the same logitech suggested setup as shown here http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/suggested-wheel-setups-ac-early-access.1439/ for my G27 and I would like you guys could come up with some setups to try, in order to reduce my laptime and increase the driveability of that great car. Thank you!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room The Ferrari SF15-T power unit & driving advice. Jul 15, 2016
    ACC General Discussions Which game to play and advice for getting good Oct 9, 2023
    ACC General Discussions What is the best advice to fix understeer and oversteer Mar 11, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions CPU upgrade advice Nov 10, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions PC Rebuild Advice Aug 23, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Reverb g2 v2 !! advice Aug 6, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality PC newbie - advice please for VR Jun 11, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox series need advice Mar 9, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Need some advice for VR settings Feb 27, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions VR and GPU pair - Looking for some advice Apr 15, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Pit stop strategy advice (6 hour pro/am team event) Apr 9, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions need advice? Mar 14, 2021
    ACC Physics Advice on fuel and brakes for 90 minute race Jan 27, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions Monitor upgrade advice Nov 30, 2020
    Chit Chat Room BMW M3 GT2 @redbull ring advice wanted Oct 3, 2020

3. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

Yea the race setup for that race is garbage, try robins setup in that thread or go dig the default setups off one of the other tracks, that silverstone setup is the only one with those camber and toe settings making the car not want to turn at all.

On top the toes settings changes to make the car turn you might also look at camber, some tracks that camber will make the front tires run VERY cold. the toe may make it turn but the camber is going to keep heat out of the tires and kill some grip.

back tires i personally perfer more straight line speed grip and hence camber settings, vs the turn settings i believe that silverstone race is set to.

5. cabelo3d

cabelo3d Racer

I tried the settings they provide on that post and I still can't make a better laptime, so now I think is a matter of skills, a lack of it lol! I can't do better than 2:21.800. I'm watching the videos on Youtube and seems my raceline and gears on corners match, but can't go faster no matter what I try. Thanks for the help guys.

Tabriz likes this.
  6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

Its a hard track mate with some brutal corners, just keep at it, heck i am still learning the track and i can put down a decent lap but nowhere near the pace of the fastest people, where monza i am much closer. Imola a mixed bag ive driven the track a ton over the years but not one of my favorite formula one tracks.

What is it drivers say to really know a track it takes at lest 100 laps? Some it takes more some it takes far less, but to really know and figure out a track takes loads of work at it.
    a 2:21 on rsr is good for a 40th place time that does not appear bad to me at all, its better than mine times at silverstone.

7. cooken

cooken Gamer

I spent hours and hours with the 458 on Imola trying to get competitive times, after probably 50 laps I was still 5 seconds off pace but eventually got there. Then when I took the 458 to Silverstone it took much less time to get dialed in, probably since I was so used to the car. Don't give up, look at sector times, make notes of entry/apex/exit speeds from those youtube videos and compare to yours. If you can zero in on particular corners where you're losing time its much easier to correct than just trying to go faster in general.

I also recommend racing against the AI on Alien. For me the top 5 were going around in the 2:20s so you can just follow them around, copy braking points, see where they pull on you etc..

8. cabelo3d

cabelo3d Racer

What is weird is the car on videos seems to have much more grip than mine, even using the same setup and I'm trying to figure it out why. I really can't accelerate more than I'm actually accelerating cause the car want to go off the road, There's something wrong and I need to figure it out. I'm thinking about to record a video and post here, so you can point what is wrong. I'm playing on that track the whole last week I just can't do better for now. I'll keep playing to see what happens. Thank you.

Ps: I can beat the second Ai player sometimes, but can't beat the first one, he's doing 2:20 as best lap.

9. cooken

cooken Gamer

Definitely make sure you have your setup done right - see this thread. Based on your system specs I doubt that's an issue for you though.

Feel free to post a video I'm sure you'll get plenty of feedback. You can always take someone else's video and play it back side by side with yours, I'm sure that would be eye opening. Like I said though, I was in the same boat as you, looking at videos, thinking something was wrong. I just kept at it and eventually found more time.

Kristaps likes this.
  10. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

Check my video, there is the setup in the description available for download. I did 2.18.5 with it. Be sure you have warmed up your tyres properly though!!

link:

11. cabelo3d

cabelo3d Racer

This is a very nice community, people always help, thank you both for your help. The subject related to input lag is quite interesting. I'm getting around 90 fps all maxed out but I think there is some input lag indeed. I'll check it out. And Akis, I'll give a try on your settings and will report back. ;)

12. cabelo3d

cabelo3d Racer

After reading the post Cooken pointed out, I reduced some parameters on video settings to get the max fps I could and I managed in few laps to achieve 2:20:296, I tried your settings Akis, and it did not work so well for me, I'm using Kristaps instead. I'll keep training next days and see if I can get a better time yet. One thing I know is I can't get the last 2 corners before the pits as good as I could. I'll work on it.

13. cooken

cooken Gamer

Congrats! Would be interesting to revert to your old video settings and do another session to see if your times go back up.

Last 2 corners are rather tricky, the last 3 actually for me. I find getting a good line through vale is critical to setting up the entry to club and getting the car balanced right so I can get enough rotation to hit the final apex onto the pit straight. Most of the time I pick up understeer trying to get the power down and turn onto the pit straight, but if I'm on a good line I can usually do a quick lift-off to get the car pointed and more neutral. I find Village/Loop sort of similar actually. Sector 3 is by far my slowest though. Hopefully someone else chimes in with their approach.

14. Done a few laps with the 458 S3 at Silverstone and I have no ideia what would be a good time at this track. Saw the previous video but the time difference I got from my laps is very big, and it was a messy driving. So my question is, what should time a decent fast time at this track and with this car?

15. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  16. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The s3 is a very different car running on much better tyres then the standard version, getting the app from here will help you see what sort of times are possible on all track combinations http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRL...controller_type=all&community=all&friends=all They also have started sharing setups too so can be quite handy for those not very good at setting up cars.

Edit the Moose beat my by a couple seconds :D

17. cabelo3d

cabelo3d Racer

I never could beat my own best lap time anymore lol! My average time now, with custom car setup or not is 2:21:something, always, like 20 laps with the same times, between 2:21 and 2:22. I can not do 2:20 again, no matter how I try to drive. My car just do not stick enough to the road.
    I tried the S3 and got 2:08:493 as best time.
    Thanks for the link about the Live Timing, this will be quite useful.