1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AI videos

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by WallyM, Jan 4, 2014.

1. WallyM

WallyM Alien

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Assetto Corsa Competizione Videos and Live Streams Policies Jan 29, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - Craziest videos May 4, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Real life cockpit videos Feb 9, 2021
    Screens & Videos Are Assetto Corsa videos limited to 18+ minutes? Nov 26, 2020
    Screens & Videos How do I remove [or avoid] VR distortion from videos? Nov 24, 2020
    Screens & Videos How do I get AC videos into Track Attack? Nov 22, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Ryzen 5 5600X + RTX 3080 Benchmark Videos Nov 5, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Where are AC lap records and videos stored? Oct 19, 2020
    Screens & Videos Hillclimb videos! Oct 16, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Coach Dave Academy videos Aug 6, 2020
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa Videos Jun 17, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals (v 1.1.2) Mouse pointer not hiding during pit-stops , Replays and Intro Videos Oct 31, 2019
    ACC Screenshots & Videos [Fun] [Videos] T1 Heroes. Just another day in MP racing Jun 23, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Track videos before racestart in VR missing! Jun 9, 2019
    ACC Screenshots & Videos My ACC Videos // VR, eSports, etc. May 31, 2019

3. Mitch12

Mitch12 Gamer

I dropped 14 AI in at imola circuit and did not get much frame rate drop at all maybe 5 10 frames was all.

4. SimMan

SimMan Racer

Impossible to answer

Depends on the PC and users settings

I'm sure kunos are doing everything they can to reduce fps impact as much as poss

5. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Thank you for the link to the AI video, it looks awesome.
    We will see very soon how it affects the fps in our respective set up if some AI events are released with the next update

6. Jacka

Jacka Simracer

AI is looking very impressive, can't wait. Thanks for post WallyM.

7. antz360

antz360 Gamer

The current AI (24 cars on grid) crushes my system, 5-15fps.

I believe its pretty cpu dependent, hopefully the fps hit is lower when its officially released

David Hornsey likes this.
  8. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I'm wondering what drop Kunos himself saw when he was testing.

9. WallyM

WallyM Alien

What do you mean "current AI"?

10. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Starting races with AI cars is disabled by the menus, so if you change the menus you can enable modes using AI. The AI doesn't work yet though, which is why it's not enabled (1 car will move around the track, the rest just drive straight forward).

11. WallyM

WallyM Alien

How do you do that?

12. Stereo

Stereo Alien

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\launcher\themes\default\modules\earlyaccess\earlyaccess.js is the file disabling stuff.

If you put js comment indicators on the middle lines you can have the (not-really-working) AI and see the (also not working) multiplayer page.
    //"#menu li[data-panel=career]",
    //"#drive .tabs li[data-mode=raceweekend]",
    //"#drive .tabs li[data-mode=quickrace]",
    //"#drive .tabs div[data-mode=online]",
    //"#drive .gridtabs .single",
    //"#drive .gridtabs .random",
    Like that, just put // in front of the lines.

13. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Brilliant, thanks.

14. XN-Sigma

XN-Sigma Gamer

While doing that AI "hack" the game became exponentially heavier, with around 16 cars it drops the framerate to around half, while putting 24 crashes it (and the PC), I really hope the official AI isn't that heavy.

15. Wrongfire

Wrongfire Hardcore Simmer

Full grid causes a noticable drop for me. From smooth to very choppy.
    About half grid is ideal on my current setup.

16. antz360

antz360 Gamer

hmm it seams that the amd systems seam to be the ones struggling with the ai hack

17. Stereo

Stereo Alien

For me, using the BMW Z4 @ Imola, numbers look like
    alone: 79fps
    4 car grid (incl. myself): 65fps
    8 car grid: 60fps
    16 car grid: 42fps
    full 24 car grid: 32fps

My computer's fairly low-powered these days, so I'm not sure what the specific bottleneck is. When I turn down the graphics to a bare minimum, it doesn't affect my framerates, so I assume it's number of polies per second, or shader calls, or whatever. I can set 2x fsaa, HDR, etc. without changing these numbers materially.

Anyway, when I'm out of sight of most of them, it rises back up to 70+, so it's just the first few turns I'll need to be careful of.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  18. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

I created a video to test 16 different car models at the same time on Mugello starting grid

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...-cars-at-the-same-time-on-starting-grid.4818/

Posted the results and my specs as well. I do not have a top of the line rig, but fair enough to run fluently at 60fps, at least with 16 cars. I will try different tracks and more cars trying to stress more AC and see how much does it affects.

19. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

On casillos Video (player view) he archieves 70-80 fps, but dunno how good his system is.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk 2

20. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

I dont think this fps drops is the case in the final AI and i dont think casillos have a NASA PC ;)
    the AI at final stage will be smooth and optimized

Cote Dazur likes this.
  21. SimMan

SimMan Racer

If you like AI ( & going to use AI ) you will get a fps hit

All previous titles I've ever used AI effects the PC performance,

Good AI puts a heavy load on a PC as the PC is having to calculate what each one of them are doing putting strain on the CPU .....if the AI is stupid & they just drive round in a long train then maybe less impact
    (+ the gpu has to display them)

I never use AI as I like to compete with real people, I'm looking forward to multiplayer though