1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

All those SF15-T configuration options....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Blinkster, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Skybird

Skybird Alien

If I would want to use more buttons, I would connect my CH ProThrottle. I did use it in past racing games for that, Nascar 2003 for example, and GTR2. Works great (and without needing to look at it).

2. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Hm, I could connect my Warthog throttle. Sort of would feel appropriate for the SF15-T. :D

3. Nao

Nao Alien

In AC, options -> controls -> advanced tab -> check the combine with keyboard input box

ps: Since the chat does not differentiate keyboard input, if you drive in MP, it might be better to assign hotkeys to rarely used buttons like [ ] / \ ` ' etc. (ps2: writing setup name counts as button presses too :p)

EDIT: what the heck is wrong with forum recently, first no notifications then the forum loads with the above message as last...

If the shift button shows up in game launcher when pressed then it means that the profiler didn't apply properly. Two options: 1) Profiler -> options -> global profiler settings -> apply persistent profile - and select the one with SHIFT.
    2) if you want to run multiple profiles for different games for example, make sure that the profile points to correct file: it's "acs.exe" (unless you run 32bit mode) also you might try to launch the game through profiler if it still doesn't work with second method.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    Alistair McKinley likes this.
  4. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

Thank you for your help!
    Now, it works! :)
    I launched AC through the profiler but it didn't help (in the first place).
    Then I alt-tabbed the game and suddenly it worked!
    Thank you again! It's great to have all the controls on the wheel, now!

5. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Decent button box despite the Rotary's not working in anything but Iracing with a 3rd party app, Tho as an actual wheel mounted to G27, Its only a matter of time before one of the hand grips breaks or the Paddle spring's snap. Re enforcing the grips help. but in the end it was never designed for FFB, so no fault on the wheel for being weak in that dept.

6. LIONER

LIONER Hardcore Simmer

I mastered it on my G25 so everything is possible :p

Blinkster likes this.
  7. IMrIMike

IMrIMike Hardcore Simmer

I already wanted to do this for a long time as well, and now I have a spare connector from my old TX rim so I wouldn't need to order an adapter. So apart from the grips, what else is there that could break (like the circuit itself?) and have you had any issues that came up with the usage after a longer period of time with decent amount of FFB?
    The wheel itself would be perfect as it has a decent amount of buttons and switches and most importantly two additional back paddles that could be used for the clutch!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

8. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

The Overall wheel design is rather cheap, As stated the Throttle/brake paddles leave a Lot to be desired in the overall design, Tho they work as intended until the spring breaks. I opted to not use either of the large Throttle/Brake or small shifter paddles and rig up the Stock Logitech paddles instead which as you would think aren't a problem due to a rather simplistic design in flexing little tabs of plastic.

I did have One of the 4 i had "flash" itself. Which upon some research has happened a few times to guys in the past. The S1 i use as a button box has been going for 3+ years now, So have little fear it will flash itself. Im pretty sure that was a batch issue. Also dont even think about warranty on these units. It took 2-3 months of back and forth with SteelSeries for them to Finally cave and send me a new wheel. They are officially discontinued now and the likelyhood of them having any IN house for warranty still is Slim to nil.

I used my S1 mounted to my G27 for a good 2 years before going fanatec and i will say even with re enforced hand grips, I could feel the difference from New to used. The grips got a little wobbly and you could feel something was going on.

IMO for 50$ its worth it, but any more then that...your pushing it.

9. ouvert

ouvert Alien

do you by anychance have installed any head tracking (TrackIR, Facetrack, etc) software ... not need to be running, just intalled ... wasn`t working for me till I uninstlled Facetrack .. I have mine Dpad assigned as WSAD in profiler and ingame I use A,S,D for look L,R,B and W for something I don`t recall now ...

@Nao SHIFT should be working with current profiler version too ..

Nao likes this.
  10. IMrIMike

IMrIMike Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for your answer. Think I´ll just try it out, if something breaks I hope I can use the rest as spare parts for my DYI F1 rim. Damn, I should´ve picked it up when it was like 35$ on Amazon...

11. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

Confirmed.
    I use the latest driver (March 2016).

Nao likes this.
  12. Thank you very much Nao :) I use Logitech G27 from a long time and didn't noticed this great tip.

13. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Please let me know if you manage to get it to work. Everytime I've tried it messes up other controllers.

14. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Didn't try, that was a joke. ;)

15. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Well it wasn't sleazy enough to classify as a joke to me so went over my head. ;)