1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa v1.5 Dev Diary - Part 3/3

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by zaratul, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Impressive plans, impressive upcoming features and content - am I mistaken or does AC's future look bright and safe? :)

TDS and esox71 like this.
  2. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

I want to give the whole Kunos team a manhug!
    Dont forget to take some time off now.

3. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

As if we don't have enough new values to hunt data for in this patch :p Hope the Formula K gets a good update too to enable all of us access to those new possibilities :)

Also love the hint regarding AWD updates. My car may have been one of those on this forum most affected by the current behaviour. Am I correct when I thing you also changed it to include "On/Off" AWD systems like the Halex equipped AudiA1 S1 or R34 Skyline?

4. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

I hope Steam has stable servers tomorrow. :D

D1visor likes this.
  5. irfan.pratama

irfan.pratama Hardcore Simmer

to complete mx-5 miata in ac we need some one to build the nb generation,

6. Błażej

Błażej Racer

Quick menu feature sounds very intersting. Does it mean we will be able to e.g. engage diff locks in sport quattro on the fly?

7. I don't know enough about the specific car to give you a good answer.. from what I understand for "on off" I suppose the new system should be able to do that.
    The sad thing about AWD is that so little usable tech documentation is available.. most of it is written with a marketing/car enthusiastic language instead of engineering so virtually useless.

Regarding the docs about the new stuff.. sadly that's always something that ends up forgotten under a pile of other more urgent things to do.. our schedule in the last 3 months has been totally crazy and it's not going to change anytime soon :( But I really enjoyed this "come back" working on the PC version.. really refreshing.

8. zaratul

zaratul Hardcore Simmer

Any chance of sharing the changelog today? :rolleyes:

9. this is what we got until now:

- New Abarth 595esseesse and S1, S2 upgrades
    - New Ford Mustang GT 2015
    - New Corvette C7 Stingray
    - New Black Cat County track
    - Nurburgring gp circuit updated
    - Nurburgring gp circuit now with 4 layouts
    - Silverstone circuit updated
    - Monza circuit updated
    - Spa circuit updated
    - Nurburgring Nordschleife circuit updated
    - Nurburgring Nordschleife endurance cup layout added
    - Mugello circuit updated
    - Magione circuit updated
    - Imola circuit updated
    - Drift circuit updated
    - Vallelunga circuit updated
    - Vallelunga classic layout added
    - Vallelunga circuit (all layouts) now has 24 car slots
    - Activated time progression in Multiplayer
    - Damage is now visible in Multiplayer mode for remote cars
    - Launcher: steam overlay support disabled due to stability issues
    - Launcher: re-instated multi-process mode for CEF due to stability issues
    - Launcher: changes to memory usage policy, more aggressive memory releasing thresholds
    - Fixed Lamborghini Miura gearbox damage
    - Updated drivetrain upshift and downshift timings for all cars
    - F6 inside cameras use internal sounds
    - Free camera now honours distance multiplier for sound attenuation
    - Of all Drivable cameras only Cockpit uses internal sounds
    - Transmission sound can have its own volume (by default it shares engine volume, otherwise it uses the TRANSMISSION value set in audio.ini)
    - Gearshift sound shares engine volume
    - Backfire sound shares engine volume
    - Fixed car sound when bottoming out
    - Realtime app shows lapped guys (blue) and lapping guys (green)
    - Fixed FuelLapEvaluation function
    - Fixed fuel consumption on turbo engines
    - Fixed inconsistency on UI tech specs
    - Modding : added FormCamera functionality to associate internal/external soundset
    - Modding : added console commands "observeLights" and "observeFlames" (work as observeDigital); EDIT_MODE is deprecated
    - Modding : added Digital Instrument KERS_CHARGE (percentage)
    - Modding : added Digital Instrument TOTAL_LAPS (if session is not race then "---")
    - Modding : added Digital Instrument CURRENT_LAP
    - Modding : added Digital Instrument EST_LAPS (if est is less than 0 then "--.-")
    - Modding : added Digital Instrument AMBIENT_TEMP
    - Modding : added Digital Instrument FUEL_CONS (UNITS: MPG_UK, MPG_US, L100 or "Kms per Liter" if missing)
    - Modding : added Digital Instrument PLACE_HOLDER to avoid fixed digits on texture (use TEXT)
    - Modding : added ON_BOARD_LOOKBACK_OFFSET in car.ini
    - All tyres now use V7 with brand new heating values (beta: except Exos F1 tyres yet)
    - All tyres now use V7 with brand new falloff level and speed (beta: except Exos F1 tyres yet)
    - Changed all tyres flex and pressure relation.
    - Changed all tyres footprint and pressure relation
    - Modified global aero efficiency with yaw angle. Works on all cars
    - Added new aero.ini version=3 with new YAW_CL_GAIN values that can stall wings depending on yaw angle
    - Yaw angle stalling wings and diffusers for GT2/GT3 cars and Mercedes C9 and Lotus 98T
    - All GT2/GT3 cars now have minimum height 55mm
    - 200,400,500,1000,2000 meters drag circuits now available
    - Modding : ksPreviewBuilder added to sdk/dev folder
    - Python Interface:
    - initFont(fontfamily, italic, bold)
    - setCustomFont(fontfamily, italic, bold)
    - getCameraMode()
    - setCameraMode(acsys.CM)
    - getCameraCarCount(carId)
    - setCameraCar(F6 camera index, carId)
    - focusCar(carId)
    - getFocusedCar()
    - getServerName()
    - getServerIP()
    - getServerHttpPort()
    - getServerSlotsCount()
    - isCarInPitline(carId)
    - isCarInPit(carId)
    - isConnected(carId)
    - getCarBallast(carId)
    - getCarState(carId)
    - eKersCharge
    - eKersInput
    - totally revamped backfire system (will not break mods)
    - added new F1 "dash camera" and "Chase camera #2"
    - CameraManager : fixed issue globalCameraIndex
    - Fixed Camera selection on Replay Interface
    - Fixed CameraApp to reflect Dash and Chase changes
    - Fixed Camera system messages
    - Fixed Random camera wrong cameras + message
    - added CameraOnBoard offset to avoid car parts on view
    - added new driver model with lod
    - added Fuel Lut to solve issues with several cars gauges
    - SharedMemory : added new members
    - SPageFilePhysics
    float turboBoost = 0;
    float ballast = 0;
    float airDensity = 0;
    - SPageFileGraphic
    int isInPitLine = 0;
    float surfaceGrip = 0;
    - SPageFileStatic
    float maxTurboBoost = 0;
    float airTemp = 0;
    float roadTemp = 0;
    bool penaltiesEnabled = false;
    float aidFuelRate = 0;
    float aidTireRate = 0;
    float aidMechanicalDamage = 0;
    bool aidAllowTyreBlankets = false;
    float aidStability = 0;
    bool aidAutoClutch = false;
    bool aidAutoBlip = false;
    - fixed several cars still featuring dashboard "floating" digits
    - fixed car scraping volume
    - added first implementation of Force Feedback Post Processing (docs in cfg/ff_post_process.ini)
    - improved camber calculations
    - improved tyre heating on low friction surfaces (grass,sand etc)
    - added new "Tyres" app (work in progress)
    - Server lap counters and lap times are now 16 bit unsigned ints allowing super long sessions/races

10. neddyie116

neddyie116 Racer

That is a big list:):D

11. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

Love what gonna happen with the game! I think there no another game with the same progression during the year. I remember in one of the streams Stefano said - only mouse forever in AC... here we go... not only mouse in the game soon lol

Glad to see so many thing coming and already will be in 1.5.

Glad you are working on MP and will be working on MP - because most of community here are playing ONLY in MP. But I bet AC making most of money in Single offline mode. So thank you for your work on MP. Hope to see more updates for MP.

You doing what we are asking... not fast... but still what community asking - you add it. Like races by time or time progression... we were asking about it last year and here we go :)

Thank you for your work.. The amount of progress what happening in the game during the year and amount of new features in physics makes people stay with Assetto Corsa. Amount of new cars what we see in the games in every dream pack... all this makes people stay with AC longer and longer :)

Kunos opened the new page in sim racing...

Just need to work with the same level as before... fix more bugs and work more on physics :)

Stefan buy more guitars... relax... and get back to work lol and the same for all Kunos team members. Great work. Great plans! We gonna buy all dreampacks... so make as many you can - we gonna buy all of them even If I dont like some cars there - it just a support you and your work.

P.S. just hope to see modern F1 car and LMP1 car soon... :)

LeDude83, OliW, pigsy and 4 others like this.
  12. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Am i the only one misseinterpreting this?

"One of the most awaited features for single player is finally here. Pitstop functionalities open Assetto Corsa to endurance racing thanks to the option of refuelling the car and changing tyres, using the compounds available for each single car. The pitstop menu also allows repair to the car body (that affects aerodynamics), suspensions or the engine, with the same functionalities available for multiplayer racing."

So does this mean pitstops available for MP too?

13. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

hope you are not serious?

PhenOm and Ibai like this.
  14. Pitstops have been available online since 1.0, or somewhere thereabouts

PhenOm likes this.
  15. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Sounds like it means the pitstop app has the same functionality in MP and SP.

16. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

I never actually did a pitstop in MP :D Why have i thought it's an automated process then, car drives itself to the correct spot and all that, no? :) Ok let me rephrase it then, will there be these fancy new stuff with pit crew working on your car in MP?

17. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Nurb now with 4 layouts :O

Mullenbach!!??

ooo im giving myself a virtual cookie as well (i guessed we might see more grid slots with the new Vallelunga layout... which is great news :D)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    LeDude83, asehauDLM, Cezar™ and 4 others like this.
  18. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

You can pit in MP now?

*edit - ahhh I see now

Boris Lozac likes this.
  19. - Modding : ksPreviewBuilder added to sdk/dev folder

Thank You!

20. does anyone recall seeing a AE86 render somewhere, facebook page probably, i can't seem to find it or maybe i just dreamt about it :(