1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Auto Clutch On / Off different ??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Lazybug, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

I wonder whats the different between Auto Clutch On / Off in this game because i dont see any different myself when shifting up or down no matter i On or Off it, i found that i can just shift the same way. Also any advantage in term of lap time if i use "OFF" ??

Stock DFGT here. Thanks for the concern.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting M4 gt3 autoclutch Dec 3, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Autoclutch for Gamepad users Nov 1, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Clutch is auto? Jan 12, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Manual Clutch not working if Engine Start is set to Automatic Oct 13, 2018
    Chit Chat Room If i disable auto-clutch it still works... Dec 24, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Weird upshift behavior with Auto clutch on? Jul 6, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Very slow autoclutch with M235i Apr 8, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Corvette C7 autoclutch Apr 2, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues No autoclutch for the NA MX5 Mar 22, 2017
    General modding discussion Modded automatic cars die when put into gear / needs clutch Feb 11, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Chevrolet Corvette C7 auto clutch at 2300rpm Jan 18, 2017
    Bug reports Automatic blip and automatic clutch not working Jan 10, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues This auto-clutch isn't an auto-clutch Jan 5, 2017
    Console Lounge Auto clutch glitch on road cars Dec 11, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Auto-Clutch active in rare situation Nov 25, 2016

3. FYi

FYi Rookie

are you using a clutch pedal?

4. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

He has no clutch pedal

5. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

No. Stock DFGT dont come with clutch. Thats the reason i try the Auto clutch assist but i dont see the different even if i turn it off, i still able to shift up while floor the throttle pedal.

6. FYi

FYi Rookie

that must be the reason why there's no difference. I think it's because in the cotroller settings, there's no dedicated cotroller/button for the clutch.
    I haven't tried auto cluth, but with what I have at the moment, if I miss the clutch, my shifter wont go into any gear but neutral.

7. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

If what you say is true then i guess the auto clutch assist automatically ON by default for any wheel which has no clutch. By the way do you think there is some kind of punishment in this game if i still floor the accelerate pedal while doing up shifting ??

Thanks for your time.

8. FYi

FYi Rookie

mechanical damage you mean?
    seems pretty mild on default seetings in my opinion. I've rolled over the car a couple of times, crash and bump and still feels fine driving it. Not sure what the effect might be though on longer laps.
    does it rev violently when you shift up with flat foot? if so, Im guesing fuel cunsumption will be affected.

9. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

If i up shift without release the accelerate then the rev meter will shake 3 to 4 times but nothing else happen & i dont feel anything wrong from the car. The reason i ask is because some people tell me doing this will result in a slower lap time in some realism racing game so i wonder if AC is one of them.

10. That's nothing to do with cluch pedal. I have a t500rs with cluch but don't have h-patern shifter and autocluch off does nothing but let car stall. I still can change gears on manual cars without cluch.
    There are things I don't understand. They put manual cars gear change slower on seq shifter to favour real driving styles., wich I agree but then they don't let me use cluch although I have one.

11. FYi

FYi Rookie

I flat foot shift with clutch sometimes and in my opinion, the delay is about the same as when I lift my foot from the gas pedal.

I guess auto clutch is similar to sequential in terms of function?

12. FYi

FYi Rookie

if you have a clutch pedal with no h-pattern shifter, then it must be sequential shifter.
    doesn't sequencial shifter only use clutch when launching?

13. KitrinosKat

KitrinosKat Hardcore Simmer

Yea, I have a clutch pedal and only sequential shifter and I'm able to shift gears anyway even with auto clutch off

14. Gijs

Gijs Gamer

Are you able to shift with the BMW E30? With no clutch and auto clutch disabled?

15. Tberg

Tberg Alien

If/ there's and H-pattern shifter and it's ticked in the settings, configured and all, and a clutch pedal assignen, all cars with manual transmission can not change gears without clutch when auto clutch off. Simple. It goes to neutral and make the gearbox grind, which I hope will after abuse destroy the gearbox when damage is added. Anything else will autoclutch, if it's on or off. You can still use the clutch if you like.
    At least I think, I haven't tried without clutch to see what the game does :)

16. KitrinosKat

Yes, as with any other car. :(

Yes, It happens with any other sim that I ever tried. The only game that in fact prevented me from shifting without using clutch was City Car Driving (3d Instructor), but it did not goes to neutral, just act as the shifter wasn't assigned.
    Well, maybe the devs could improve this so we could not shift without using clutch even with sequential shifters (in cars that actually require it). I would love to be able to mishift! :D

17. Ishigami

Ishigami Racer

Auto clutch is there so you don't stall the engine when you hit the brakes to a stand still with a gear engaged.
    If you stand and engage a gear the engine will idle instead of going to 0 RPM.

At least thats the only function I have seen.

uff_ and Sal Paradise 1947 like this.
  18. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

I dont understand this because the BMW E30 engine still running when i stand still after crashing somewhere with gear engage using auto clutch off.

19. Ishigami

Ishigami Racer

I tested again... same result.

Auto clutch on - gear engaged - engine idle
    Auto clucht off - gear engage - engine stall

I tested with and without clutch pedal mapped, didn't affect the result and it doesn't matter whether it is an automatic or manual gear box.
    Maybe the game knows you don't have a clutch pedal from your setup and enables auto clutch anyway... in any case like I said thats the only effect it has that i know of.

20. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Yeah i guess you right. I already practice the BMW E30 with my no clutch DFGT wheel for few hrs now (auto clutch off) but everytime i make a mistake somewhere which completely stop my car i can down shift to 1st gear and go again just like that, i feel like i driving auto gear instead of manual.
    By the way stall mean off right ?? So how to restart the engine if it really go off in this game ?? Just curious :D
    Also is there any delay result in slower lap time using auto clutch on ?? And usually how much delay if the answer is yes ??
    Thanks first :)

21. KitrinosKat

I think the game enables auto clutch when you don't have an H-pattern shifter mapped, cause I actually have a clutch pedal in my setup but no H-pattern shifter and it let me change gears anyway. :confused: