1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Auto Clutch On / Off different ??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Lazybug, Dec 24, 2013.

1. The engine is not able to be stalled right now, maybe it will later but who knows. I do believe there is a time penalty using auto clutch in an H-pattern car such as the E30. This "penalty" is probably a few tenths of a second compared to somebody that knows what they are doing with a clutch and H-pattern; of coarse if they mis-time one shift it will cost them plenty more than a few tenths and that will never happen using auto-clutch. Aris told me back when we got the Tech Preview that using auto-clutch and sequential was maybe three tenths of a second a lap slower than correctly using clutch and H-pattern......Once mechanical damage is implemented the penalty for missing shifts will be even more severe than the few tenths of lost time.

And yes, auto-clutch is engaged for people with no H-pattern shifter in cars that use it even in pro settings mode. There is no time penalty for using sequential shifter in cars that have semi-auto gearboxes modeled aka Ferrari F458, Mclaren, etc.

uff_ and Lazybug like this.
  2. KitrinosKat

KitrinosKat Hardcore Simmer

I think even though we are able to shift with auto clutch off, it will cause mechanical damage when it is implemented

3. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Even though if player lift throttle ?? So Auto clutch should always ON for anyone who has no clutch & H shifter ??

4. Even on pro mode settings auto clutch will be enabled automatically for anyone who has no clutch and H pattern on cars that are appropriate to H pattern.

Blipping the throttle on downshifts is not automatically turned on....

5. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

By the way which one is the option to check the top time track vs car combo in the game ?? My best time is merely 2:01.985 for BMW M3 E30 vs New Monza, like to know how many seconds i fall behind compare to the top one.

6. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Ic. So there is no shame to leave it ON for my case ya. Good then :D

7. You have no clutch, no H-pattern, no shame for it to be on at all.

Lazybug likes this.
  8. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

By the way how come no setup request / sharing thread in this forum ?? Like i say i doing a slow 2:01.9xx BMW M3 E30 vs new Monza atm and i like to request for a nice setup to save me sometime, i have to admit though i dont mind to play difficult physic racing game but i always lazy & hate to do setup for any game, even arcade one.

9. Vinjau

Vinjau Rookie

I hope this will change, when you put auto-clutch off, it should not auto-clutch, period.

claudiopolez likes this.
  10. Wrongfire

Wrongfire Hardcore Simmer

Im glad to hear that cars can stall.. lol
    Doesn't happen with a gamepad, so I just assumed it didn't happen.

11. KitrinosKat

They do stall, but start automatically as soon as you hold the clutch down

12. FYi

FYi Rookie

im my experience, when stall happens, I have to brake to stop the car or close to stop, then cluthch open then gas to start the car again. can be annoying when I spun on drifting. but I like the added realism

13. Wrongfire

Ahh kk, so no engine start button?
    Well I suppose that works, quick of way getting going while still simulating a stall.

14. KitrinosKat

I think you're right, maybe I missed this. :D

No engine start button yet in fact, but I think it's still to be implemented in the future.

15. Wrongfire

Cool, thatll be neat. Still, im glad you can stall, I wanna teach my girlfriend to drive standard using AC and not my real car xD

16. KitrinosKat

Haha, safe choice. :D

17. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I find it weired that with my G27 I can push and pull the shifter without needing to press the clutch pedal, (autoclutch off). Occasionally I create an angry noise by doing so if I had the gas pedal pressed while shifting. But the clutch pedal currently is not needed for shifting. Okay, it is over twenty years since I drove a car in real life, but I still recall that the clutch pedal was there for a reason. Uncomplete implementation of this feature?

I agree with those wanting a separate engine-start button, mappable to the hardware. You should be worried about not killing yourt engine when spinning of the track or breaking hard and almost top a standstill. Like in RBR, if you killed the engine, you lost much time with reengaging it. Good opportunity to show off with your repertoire of on-the-ready curses.

18. DanielAlm

DanielAlm Rookie

You can shift without the clutch pedal irl as well, if you do it right. Cars with dog boxes (normally race cars) actually don't need the clutch at all to shift, you just need to lift the throttle for upshifts and to blip for downshifts. Cars with a synchromesh don't need the clutch either, but it's much harder to get the syncing just right without it.

19. mad_marty

mad_marty Gamer

At least in the E30 you shouldn't be able to shift without a clutch that easy.

20. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Ah, I did not know that. Nice.