1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO VS DT 990 Pro?

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by romandevision, Mar 10, 2020.

1. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Hello! :) Headphones will be used for simracing and listening to music (iMac built-in audio). I don't want to buy a separate sound card yet, so I plan to use ALC892 embedded on my PC-motherboard.

Will they sound okay?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions How to run Assetto Corsa Competizione in VR at 60fps on an OLD PC - i7 3770, GTX 1650 Super, WMR Nov 9, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality SOLVED: Not able to get stable 45fps on oculus rift 2070s 7700k Apr 1, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Change 4770k for 9700k/3700X for my 2070super? Feb 5, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Will i7 7700k be able to handle ACC? Apr 29, 2019
    Chit Chat Room rip my gtx770, picking new gpu need advice. Aug 2, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Anyone using a gtx 680 or 770 (4gb) Dec 29, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Cpu occupancy . 95% g27 i3770 gtx 980 Dec 9, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Help me choose a vga [760 4gb vs. 770 2gb] Sep 24, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues TEARING/Flickering issue GTX770 (Nvidia Surround) May 22, 2014
    Chit Chat Room New GTX 770 OC Installed! Need Help Fine Tuning For Assetto Corsa Apr 4, 2014
    Chit Chat Room GTX MSI 770 OC Video Card on it's way! What to expect? Apr 1, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Low FPS with i7 4770k + R9 290x Feb 19, 2014

3. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

You need to use ones with the correct Ohm value for your output to get decent sound, but generally I really like mine. I use the DT990s 250 Ohm with a DAC, and the sound is incredible.

romandevision likes this.
  4. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Thank you for the answer!

Will I be able to use these headphones without DAC? Just through the audio port connector on motherboard.

upd: its bad idea, but opionions so different

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  5. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

You can use them without a DAC, there are different versions of the headset with different Ohm values, you need to find one that best fits your sound chip's specifications.
    For best results go with a DAC (costs ~50-60 Euro on Amazon in the European region) and the 250 Ohm version of the headset.

6. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Can you please tell us which external (it's important) DAC im can use? In my Corsair 280x, all PCI slots are occupied. :(

7. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

8. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

I use the DT990 Pro with 250 Ohm directly into the PC. Works fine. Maybe in the future I will upgrade to a headphone amplifier.

Gevatter and romandevision like this.
  9. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

In general, ordered DT990(250 Ohm), delivery for tomorrow. Thank all for your advice!

I wanted to wait a while to buy with DAC, but the disgusting situation with the dollar rate in my country made me buy now only headphones. Will try in a week to write a little review of how they work from the Realtek driver. :)

It was a surprise for me what these headphones do in Germany. It's nice to get things from my favorite country. :)

UPD: I not got the 990, the courier got the wrong my phone number. I rebooked the DT880 for Saturday. Looking forward to getting my headphones.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  10. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Got the DT880. It's better than I could have imagined. Yeah, need a DAC - that's right. I'll have to be without him for a while, but the sound is fantastic, but I'm sure that not everyone will like it, because it has its own specifics. The world is divided into "before" and "after." :eek:
    The quality of the headphones is very decent.

I can't get away for two hours now, although I have to do my business )) I didn't think anything would surprise me like that.