1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Black cat county short+991 Carrera S+street tyres+98% grip=sublime!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Orne, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Orne

Orne Alien

I think Black cat would be even more exciting if it were only 2 lanes wide. As it stands limiting yourself to driving in just two lanes dramatically improves the driving experience on this course. I really love the RSR although the 991 on streets is simply the most delicious experience I've ever had in a driving simulator.

Don't forget to hang out a proper drift at the large constant radius corner halfway through! Perfection!

arthur666 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer dedicated server cant set driver info "black background" Sep 24, 2023
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #130 – Snake bites black cat May 26, 2019
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues US tracks only show 'Black Cat County' Feb 1, 2019
    Screens & Videos Black Cat County Cruise Feb 21, 2017
    Bug reports AI kills itself when going side by side in Black Cat County (videos) Feb 20, 2017
    Console Lounge Just tried a AI race with the Porsche Carrera S at Black cat County Normale Jan 1, 2017
    Suggestions Black Cat County: Section Names Dec 29, 2016
    Console Lounge black cat county not showing in online Oct 20, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Black Cat County rough FFB Oct 11, 2016
    Console Lounge Black cat track ? Oct 3, 2016
    Suggestions Bad Texture Filtering on Black Cat County Oct 1, 2016
    XBox One Discussions Black Cat County Track Online? Sep 30, 2016
    Console Lounge FREE BONUS CONTENT - Black Cat County track Sep 14, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Black cat county crashing Sep 6, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues AI drivers crashing into wall at Black Cat County Aug 28, 2016

3. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I agree, AC has many great road cars so it needs more real roads! On Racedepartment I found this "Pacific Coast" track, a point to point road on the sea. The project has just started so there's not much more than road and mountains (and balloons :D) but I tried it with track grip set to "dusty", with the Cayman on street tires and TC off and it was super fun. Also for a more hardcore experience try the 488 GTB with TC off..
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/pacific-coast.126505/

arthur666 and Phoenix Racing like this.
  4. Orne

Orne Alien

Pacific coast looks promising for sure !

Phoenix Racing likes this.
  5. Robert M525

Robert M525 Gamer

I just did this tonight! Though I think (and this is blasphemy as a Porschephile) I may have enjoyed it more in the 458. :)

Also, sorry, for the stupid question, but what do you mean by "98% grip"? Setting the track to "green" instead of "optimal"?

Phoenix Racing likes this.
  6. Orne

Orne Alien

I created my own track grip entry in the tracks.ini file which I configured to be locked at 98%. The Session Start entry determines the grip level apparently. For whatever reason it has to be an increment higher than the grip level you want. So if you want 98% grip the entry has to be 99. Perhaps a track builder could shed light on this and the other entries. Whats cool about adding your own track grip entry and placing it beneath the "Optimum" grip entry is that your preferred grip level is always selected when you start a race.

[PRIME]
    SESSION_START=99
    SESSION_TRANSFER=99
    RANDOMNESS=0
    LAP_GAIN=0
    DESCRIPTION=98 percent grip

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  7. 911 Carrera S with street tyres is worth driving anywhere. Wonderful car!

Phoenix Racing and djtopa like this.
  8. djtopa

djtopa Hardcore Simmer

This!I almost never drive BCC because is so wide:( much better street experience is with mod tracks like Lake Luise,Alps,Coste...
    And yes after testing the 911 S & cayman S first day of Pack I wasnt impressed but more I drive the more I like them:) Cayman is great fun with manual gearbox.So now they are one of best street cars in game to me (with 1Ms3,M4,Italia,488,Adventador SV etc...)
    LOL now I see I didnt even tried those 2 with street tires.Today :)

9. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Maybe because your session transfer is also 99, so when you change to next session it transfers 99% of the grip you set which is also 99% so it gives you 98% in the end. But I think that should happen only when changing session to next one, not when actually starting a new one. Might be wrong though, never tested it like that.

With file set like this:

[x 96]
    SESSION_START=96
    SESSION_TRANSFER=100
    RANDOMNESS=0
    LAP_GAIN=0
    DESCRIPTION=96

This:
    is not true, as I always have 96%. Or just change session_start to whatever grip you want and it will start with that grip level.

10. Orne

Orne Alien

Thank you for the info! I originally had the session transfer at 100 but when the session start was at 98 the grip level display as 97. I will have to test it out again using your recommendations! Thanks again !

11. Orne

Orne Alien

Take Black cat down to 2 lane highway and it would be much more interesting and challenging. Although racing on it would be considerably more difficult for most folks, lol

I long for a point to point desert highway or coastal highway course. Until one arrives Black cat will do.

12. Orne

Orne Alien

I set the session start at 98 and the session transfer at 100. Once on track the grip level displays as 97%. I changed the session start back to 99 and now the track displays a 98% grip level. I must be doing something wrong. Hmmmmm

13. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

That's just a rounding bug. If you have an app that shows digits behind the decimal point, it'll say 98.0%. The car physics dev app also shows 0.980 for DYN_TRK.

14. Orne

Orne Alien

Ahhhh ok cool. Thanks for the info !!

15. Orne

Orne Alien

16. Phoenix Racing

Phoenix Racing Simracer

Thanks for the mention @Guidofoc ;)