1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Brake pressure/sensitivity needed!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MsportDAN, Aug 6, 2015.

1. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Ive tried a few cars in AC now, and while i love em all the braking is the most frustrating part of this sim. You get some right wtf moments and its the brakes. Ive tried many setup changes and whatever happens brakes are just too sensitive. All other great sims i can think of have brake pressure setup, its a must in setting up a car.

Its seems its a bit silly if kunos dont put this in to stop people cheating, online imo, and thus sacrificing a lot of fun offline and with the cars themselves. My pedals aint the greatest in the world but in RF2, GSC, RRE i dont have brake issues on my GTE stock pedals.

Please sign here if you want brake pressure added to car setup? Theres so many threads requests, issues etc, i can think why kunos would avoid this any longer.

i just found this, and to be honest if these comments are true i find that a bit disheartening of AC.

https://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/34tfvq/assetto_corsa_brake_pressure_request/

i read that gamma is supposed to fix this, but if you use the extreme setting, its okay then at the end of travel it locks up, so why not have the opposite gamma setting, which starts low ends even lower?

dan

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Suggestions Brakes: (With ABS off) Too strong. Suggest Brake Pressure/Sensitivity Setting? Nov 24, 2013
    General modding discussion Overwrite the Brake Torque on wheels Sunday at 4:34 PM
    ACC Physics AI Brakes always cold? Wednesday at 12:49 AM
    ACC Physics Mustang GT3 Brake Bias Telemetry May 7, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Brake always on slightly. Jan 29, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Is a desired brake trace possible with Fanatec V3 pedals? Dec 10, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Getting brake data to look right in Track Attack Dec 4, 2023
    ACC Physics Brake Bias Backwards? Nov 28, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Does anybody know where Fanatec stores its brake settings? Sep 15, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals DDoes anybody know where Fanatec stores its brake settings? Sep 15, 2023
    ACC Physics Brake Cooling Performance Change on Brake Change in Pits Jul 21, 2023
    ACC Physics brakes, motec no longer works to adjust the car? Jul 17, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Brake Gamma change not working Jul 13, 2023
    ACC User Interface False Brake Bias value with SimHub Dashboard with new v1.9 cars May 13, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Cannot remap throttle / brakes on gamepad Nov 27, 2022

3. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Apparently the devs don't want to add some sort of brake force adjustment as its opened up physics exploits in other sims. We can adjust gamma, is that not enough?

I can't really find any information about brake pressure being adjusted on real world cars, only trucks with air brakes. What exactly is being simulated by pressure adjustment?

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  4. Cefa

Cefa Hardcore Simmer

did you try to press down the pedals before entering 3D to calibrate them?

5. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

yes.. this whole pressing the brakes to calibrate doesnt work for me i see no difference!

Obviously real world cars, each pedals sets are set up optimal for the car they are in, so you wouldnt need brake pressure adjustments in them. But for the sake of the sim where your taking the same pedals across various cars, this is where you need to set up pressure per car or even per sim.

Not sure why it would be called unrealistic, you dont take your pedals from one car to another irl do you?

6. Metzger

Metzger Racer

There is already dicussion for this in another thred... anyway do you have a load cell pedals if not what benefit you can get from brake pressure setting ? The problem with braking you have is not a sensitivity but lack of feedback from the pedals.

7. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

doesnt matter if its load cell or not, brake pressure helps me in other sims, and would cure the excessive locking up a LOT of people seem to have on AC;.

whats there to argue?

Niki Đaković, nate and Rui Santos like this.
  8. Metzger

Metzger Racer

It is strange how it can help you the only think you can achieve by reducing the pressure is you will have to press the pedal more to lock the brakes but same can be achieved by messing with the callibration. It is not brake pressure it is travel range of the pedal

Nahkamarakatti and marcocale like this.
  9. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

brake sensitivity setting?

my brake pedal bar locks up (adequate pressure) at about a quarter of the way up the red bar?

nate likes this.
  10. Metzger

Metzger Racer

Sensitivity setting is the gamma setting try play with it. I use 1.5 but you can try 1.0.

11. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

i actually found after trying all values, that the default (think 2.40) is the best for me. I tried also taking 20% off of each end of the range but didnt help.

So AC only uses about 25% of my pedals range for braking?

12. dESK0

dESK0 Racer

13. Horus

Horus Alien

This is rather funny in a sad way. Up until 1.2 the brake pressure issue was a major problem with the G27 pedals. If a butterfly flapped its wings in China my pedals would be over sensitive, if my kids farted in the tub my brakes would lock up. Now I have a very nice progressive brake, have you tried renaming Assetto Corsa folder and redoing all your settings?

mister dog and TERRA21 like this.
  14. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

lol made me laugh!!

ive basically come fresh with 1.2, after having it uninstalled for about a year.

Rui Santos likes this.
  15. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I really hope we dont get pressure. if we do then we should be able to disable it for mp. I think a better idea would be to have gamma and deadzone in garage so you can adjust it for each car easily.

it sounds like your pedals are malfunctioning if you are geting constant lock ups, or you are braking too hard. unless there is sone sort of bug in ac thats specific to your pedals. have you tried searching the net for recommended settings for your pedals in ac?

16. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

hhhmmm my pedals are fine for every other sim,

a lot of people report the same thing, i think its more AC side than my pedals.

i dont get that why AC will have problems with pressure, is there a fault in AC physics, no other sim worries about that.

nate and Rui Santos like this.
  17. Horus

Horus Alien

I do not have access to a Thrustmaster wheel, do they have a profile for each game or do you have a global coverall? Do the brakes have adjustment, physical adjustment a screw/bolt/variable resistor?

edit: Searched to see the pedals, they look similar to the MOMO I had a few years back. I doubt they have any adjusters, other than wearing thicker socks.

18. Metzger

Metzger Racer

I have g27 and t300 pedals and do not have problems with braking just have to get used to the car because every car brakes different. Use 1.5 gama. Sometimes i do lock brakes but it happens irl also..

Horus likes this.
  19. kikie

kikie Simracer

I use ABS. It's not the best solution but it's not bad either.

1karl1 likes this.
  20. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

looking through the controller bug report page I cant see many posts about it.

is it with a specific car?

I dont like using onboard abs cos im a snob and I dont like realism, if your doing the same a lot of the modern road going cars will lock up easily. I think, as they are designed to work with their abs the brake bias is far to the front and the brakes are quite strong. you can brake effectively but it takes a fair amount of practice and a gentle foot. you will flat spot and take life out of your tyres faster than those using abs though, you cant do much about that really.

Horus likes this.
  21. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

can you lock up in abs still, would like some challenge still >?