1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Brake pressure/sensitivity needed!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MsportDAN, Aug 6, 2015.

1. RayKrebs

RayKrebs Gamer

I think Aris will not have this feature. I heard this in a live stream. The Software can handle this, im also waiting for this.

2. abbo90

abbo90 Simracer

Never I think, Aris said that he find brake pressure regulation not realistic. In effect he is right, usually where this is possible, it's done by directly changing brake discs (WRC)...

If you want, you can add these lines to setup.ini

HELP_BRAKE_BIAS

[BRAKE_POWER_MULT]
    SHOW_CLICKS=0
    TAB=GENERIC
    NAME=Brake Power
    MIN=75
    MAX=120
    STEP=5
    POS_X=0.5
    POS_Y=6
    HELP=

where 75 and 120 is percentage range of regulation stating that 100 is your actual brake torque.

Deleted member 18758 likes this.
  3. Changing pads, changing the pressure limiter system (some cars have it...not sure why), and having a separate pedal set could achieve that, but yeah it's not really straightforward IRL.

Seria17hri11er and Mogster like this.
  4. Mogster

Mogster Alien

This has been discussed ad nauseam. The problem with some sort of brake force pedal adjustment is that it will be used by some to set threshold braking at 100% brake pedal travel to give an ABS like effect. That's what happens in other sims and it can remove all the skill from braking in cars without ABS. If it could be included without becoming an exploit then fine, include it but I really don't see how that's possible.

We already have gamma, with the GTEYE G25 Spring mod I find that enough. Brake pressure adjustment really isn't used this way in rl so it can't be viewed as more realistic.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I understand the concern and I also do not want areas to be opened up for exploitation. When I get beaten I want to know its on merit however there is one thing being overlooked here.. Rightly or wrongly this sim is now on console and the amount of users across all platforms using gamepads/controllers I presume are high. Brake gamma is not an available option for these users. Some of these cars can be tricky to brake with out locking up when all you have is less than 1cm brake travel. I have experienced both sides however for now my circumstances only allow me to drive using a 360 controller. For me brake pressure couldn't come quicker..

6. Then use ABS?

Mogster likes this.
  7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

It is a nice idea however not all cars have factory ABS and I dont like using ABS on F1's however race cars do have brake pressure adjustment. Many online servers rightly block the use of ABS even with cars that have this in real life. If AC wants to take its realism to the next level then I think this an area that needs solving and implementing.

nate likes this.
  8. I mean, they kind of do and they kind of don't...the only real adjustments as I mentioned are pads (which isn't a pressure change anyway, but a torque change...however that difference is irrelevant in this application), a blowoff valve (only seen this on one car...no real reason to have it on the front; only really useful for the rear), or a pedal box change (to change the pedal pressure:line pressure ratio). Otherwise they certainly don't have unlimited adjustable pressure.

9. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

Just fun fact: The modern F1 cars have 1-3mm of brake pedal travel. :D

But I guess that's the main problem here. The solution is pressure sensitive controls but they cost money.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  10. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

Just got pointed to this thread...

I do not believe a real F1 driver has a pedal that locks the front at slightly more than half of it's travel/pressure, as is the case with some cars here in AC. Further, we on PC don't all have load cells, we have pedals that are far removed from the sensitivity of the real deal. And even further, if someone wants to race offline and enjoy a brake pedal that has actually some usable travel (instead of half) where's the problem how he sets up the sim?

The other way round, not having this setting in game gives an advantage to load-cell pedals with complicated profiler software (where you can set it in the driver software).

But again: Do you really believe if Kimi steps out of his Ferrari and is unhappy with too agressive brake behaviour the team tells him "Sorry, can't be changed... deal with it." ?

F1Aussie likes this.
  11. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

I do not believe so. What I do believe is Ferrari engineers will setup the brake pressure in such way that heaviest braking zone defies the maximum braking pressure which should not be exceeded. The limit can be the car itself, strength of materials, brake temperatures, tyre temps or if there's no mechanical limitation the limit is the car's maximum deceleration value just before locking up (at max speed).

It's driver preference if he wants to reach that full pressure at 150kg (Alonso used this) braking force or sooner. However higher the pedal force required for the maximum braking is, more resolution will the driver have for the rest of the range. Of course the driver (and his team) chooses the maximum pedal force in a way that he can achieve the maximum force during the whole race depending on his stamina.

And btw, I agree with you that the sim should have brake pressure adjustment. And better gear will give you advantage in some situations, there's no way around it. That's how it's supposed to be in a simulation..

F1Aussie and GCCRacer like this.
  12. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

I have load cell pedals and I still have this issue. Some cars are fine, some cars lock up at 25-50% brake pressure. I've fiddled with gamma but that doesn't solve the problem, in some ways it makes things worse.

mister dog likes this.
  13. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

I don't mind that (I race offline only, anyway), it was a response to earlier postings saying some would use BP setting like some "assist" and gain an unfair advantage.