1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Brake temperature modelling?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Aurelius, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Aurelius

Aurelius Gamer

Just wondering if the temperature of the brakes in modeled in AC at the moment, if so is there an app to monitor them?

I think it would add a whole new dimension to the race cars, where getting heat into the brakes is the primary way of heating the tyres. Also to road cars where the brakes will fade if overheated after too many hotlaps.

David Coulthard has said F1 cars weaving does virtually nothing to tyre temps compared to getting the brakes up to temp (1000C+). Hence why this would make the Exos much more challenging and IMO realistic.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Brakes: Optimal temperature Jun 3, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Brake disc temperature Apr 15, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Is brake temperature simulation still coming? Oct 26, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Doubt brake temperature May 14, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Brake temperatures, and what they do Nov 22, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Brake temperatures reset during pit stop? Nov 12, 2016
    Suggestions Is there brakes temperature simulation? Feb 9, 2015
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Oil, brake, tyres temperature Oct 20, 2014
    Physics Bugs & Issues Brake temperature - is it modelled? Nov 13, 2013
    General modding discussion Overwrite the Brake Torque on wheels Sunday at 4:34 PM
    ACC Physics AI Brakes always cold? May 8, 2024
    ACC Physics Mustang GT3 Brake Bias Telemetry May 7, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Brake always on slightly. Jan 29, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Is a desired brake trace possible with Fanatec V3 pedals? Dec 10, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Getting brake data to look right in Track Attack Dec 4, 2023

3. Not yet. It doesn´t really make any sense to use any development time to it right now, since races are still limited to only 10 laps.

4. marlo0081

marlo0081 Hardcore Simmer

Turn off fuel consumption and you can have 30 laps races :D

5. Bailey

Bailey Alien

I would like to see brake temp modeling.
    ~Bailey

3316V and Andrew Summer like this.
  6. Yep, brake temp is more or less really needed. Fading brakes on road cars are really adding to the experience. Also the sight of glowing brake discs in the dusk is always awesome ;D
    Its just sad to see everything is simulated in such great detail and then the brakes are just static "things"... :'(

I hope it is added in near future.

7. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I thought the dev's had confirmed they're working on this?

I think they referred to it as 'brake fade' though.

8. Simonr23

Simonr23 Rookie

Why do some people claim this is a sim, rather than a game, when it isn't simulating this core aspect of driving a car?

Ps- I hope it is modelled and simulated soon.

Pps- I love this simulation game :)

Andrew Summer likes this.
  9. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

I seem to remember Aris saying a while back that brake temps and fade were going to come along eventually. I think flatspotting's in the pipeline too.

alex72 likes this.
  10. Its the "eventually" that is really daunting... eventually they will add night racing eventually they will add weather and so on.
    I truly hope these eventualities become reality soon.

11. CTR69

CTR69 Racer

I stopped playing DCS also because of constant promises about new maps and jet fighters. 3 and a half years later they still didn't release either of those. AC must not stall like that, that-other-sim is coming in with full speed later this year...

Andrew Summer likes this.
  12. Aris also said that flatspotting actually already happens, nut once the tires begin to spin again, the flatspots immediately go away. So I guess it's just a matter of changing the code a bit :)

13. That is exactly the problem pCars is coming, rfactor 2 is here which is more than feature complete and still developing.
    What will ACs selling point be then ? Not having weather ? Not having brake simulation, not having pitstops ?

The fact is they want to release when ? September ? I really doubt that it will be "complete" to the point it feels complete till then. Correct me when i am mistaken. But we will see.

AC must not stop moving forward or it will take a punch by the competition very hard.

14. PCARS competition for AC? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA rofl.gif

alex72 and Xenix like this.
  15. You drove pCars ? I did not but i am open minded and will see.
    Okay you obviously see it way too optimistic, pehaps myself too pessimistic. But nevertheless at the moment the feeling is that the development stands still.

16. I disagree. It's just that AC is a sim, and PCARS will be more like forza or gran turismo; pretty graphics, but not-very-good physics.

alex72, Xenix and TCLF like this.
  17. pCars has one great advantage as a sim ... IT HAS F*cking brake temperature :D

But you didnt answer my question, did you drive pcars to directly compare it to AC ?

18. I've driven it once (at a friend's house) a while back and found the cars very floaty and disconnected to the road.... IDK if anything has changed since I tried it, but I didn't like it.

AC has one great advantage as a sim ... IT HAS F*CKING MODDABILITY -which is why I think AC will do better than PCARS, the community will keep it alive for many years to come, while PCARS will slowly gather dust-

19. Fair point well made.

Then again, we will have to see. Will you give pCars a shot if it is released ?

20. I'll probably try it

alex72 likes this.
  21. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

In my opinion the question is: are you looking for a driving simulation or a week-end simulation? If your answer is the second then I must admit that from your point of view AC is lacking many feature. But if you want something that drives great right now AC is miles away than his competitors (but I haven't tried pCars yet).

mclarenf1papa likes this.