1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is brake temperature simulation still coming?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Delicreep, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Delicreep

Delicreep Rookie

Pretty much the title, it was released more than a year ago for some red pack cars, but nothing since then. Is it still being worked on? When can we expect it?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Brakes: Optimal temperature Jun 3, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Brake disc temperature Apr 15, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Doubt brake temperature May 14, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Brake temperatures, and what they do Nov 22, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Brake temperatures reset during pit stop? Nov 12, 2016
    Suggestions Is there brakes temperature simulation? Feb 9, 2015
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Oil, brake, tyres temperature Oct 20, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Brake temperature modelling? Apr 15, 2014
    Physics Bugs & Issues Brake temperature - is it modelled? Nov 13, 2013
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Brake always on slightly. Jan 29, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Is a desired brake trace possible with Fanatec V3 pedals? Dec 10, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Getting brake data to look right in Track Attack Dec 4, 2023
    ACC Physics Brake Bias Backwards? Nov 28, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Does anybody know where Fanatec stores its brake settings? Sep 15, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals DDoes anybody know where Fanatec stores its brake settings? Sep 15, 2023

3. TDS

TDS Alien

old cars already have it, i dont think its comming for the modern/road cars.

i hope it does
    any plans for implementing brake temps for the remaining cars @Aristotelis ?

cheers

4. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Last I heard the official line is:
    modern race cars - can tune brake temperatures so they're never an issue, making it another pointless gauge like oil/water temps
    road cars - would run out of brakes so fast they wouldn't be fun anymore (less than a lap in some cases)

5. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

That second line is so true in real life its actually funny.

Would be hilarious if Stefano one day decided to troll the forum and add it in.

Think this forum would break how many complaints would be made.

LeDude83, Orne and garyjpaterson like this.
  6. Stereo

Stereo Alien

At least it'd distract from all the "why does this car understeer going round 90 degree corners at 100km/h?"

aphidgod, Turk, Whitestar and 6 others like this.
  7. TDS

TDS Alien

:D:D:D

8. konnos

konnos Simracer

Depends on the radius, no? :p I also hate it when it happens.

TDS likes this.
  9. Jadonyx

Jadonyx Hardcore Simmer

I clearly remember that @Aristotelis said that brake ducts and tyre from brakes temperatures dependency coming but it was so long ago. Seems to be those plans dead as many others.

10. TDS

TDS Alien

read stereo post, those were indeed the last official words, so only old cars will have brake temperature simulation, 99% certain of that :)

LeDude83 likes this.
  11. Orne

Orne Alien

yup and tyre pressure!! :p:p:p:p:D The difference between a hot lap and a tank slapper (or a Cars and Coffee accident) can be as little as half 1/2 pound of pressure, hahahahahah

12. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

It's a fun feature that's available to all modders and from what I can tell - the quality modders have been using Brake Temperature. How realistic is it? I have absolutely no idea, but I like to include it when I'm working on a car.

I can tell you this, I wouldn't want to be in the Toyota GT 86 that's headed down the start finish straight, flying to that first corner chicane at Monza if the driver just did a typical "Sim Racing Hotlap". I see myself being cooked like a marshmallow over a campfire flame.

13. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

Imo only reason to implement tyre temps would be to fix the tyre heating issue and that would require adjustable brake ducts and adjustable heat conductors. It would mean a lot more setup parameters and knowing how 99% of the community dislikes any race car vehicle dynamics added to their plate on top of "just driving", would it be well received addition in the end?

And on top of that, like @Stereo mentioned, realistic brake temperatures in cars that are not designed for track driving would be just horrible. Instead we can just pretend that the street cars in AC have "trackday" package installed so they can be hotlapped and raced properly..

Glaurung, Orne and ALB123 like this.
  14. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Outside F1 how many cars have adjustable size brake ducts in real life though?

15. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well... considering that brake temperatures do influence tyre temperatures in high performance race cars (granted I'm not a race engineer but at least I got the impression, so unless you provide me definite proof that this isn't the case in any such car that's what I go on...) I would just express my desire for this to be implemented in modern race cars anyway, provided they have data to base it on (which is probably the sole issue that speaks against/prevents it).

Oh, also: brakes needing to get on temperature... I always got the impression that this is indeed a very real thing in GT and Formula cars (not just the tyre temps).

Solmyr and TheBoss like this.
  16. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I don’t mean brake temperature I was referring to adjustable brake ducts specifically.

The brake temperature sim we have seems to model the effects of under temperature but not over.

17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Sorry, I didn't reply to your comment specifically. Just posted after you, replying to the general discussion and topic.

Mogster likes this.
  18. hgaouar

hgaouar Gamer

Oh didn't know those facts about brake temperatures, i'm so sad to learn that road cars in AC can't be driven that way in real life. This could be an optional thing like Fuel or Tyre wear. Personaly i think of AC as substitute to real life racing (which is too expensive for common people) and if brake have such an important role so it should be implemented to close the gap to reality.

Solmyr likes this.
  19. Stereo

Stereo Alien

That's just by choice though, they set it up so the brakes can only drop to 80% (or whatever) effectiveness overheated. I think with the way sim pedals are generally kinda crap most of the actual effects of brake overheating that come through the pedals can't be done accurately.

Mogster likes this.
  20. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

There is also problem that real manufactures would be very angry with Kunos.

If AC's bmw m4 after 3-4 hard laps cooks its breaks (which actually happens in real life with most road cars)

Eero and xystof like this.
  21. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

how do other games do it then and get away with this on road cars? pcars2, rfactor2