1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is brake temperature simulation still coming?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Delicreep, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Are you honestly saying that Kunos doesn't want to implement brake temps for the rest of the cars because they are developing another game? One thing is not linked with the other and neither having/not having brake temps is linked to tire heating, tire wearing, damage.

LeDude83 likes this.
  2. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

Yes, I think that, I do not find another possible reason, surely now they have too much work on their new project and possibly need to show progress of their new project by the end of the year.

Who do you think is the reason why this characteristic is not finished?

You do not want to understand me, what I say is that you are happy with an unfinished characteristics, that some cars lack features and others are complete seems logical and normal. I as a consumer think that it is a mistake that not all cars share the same characteristics.

I am a fan of Kunos, I follow the work of this company since Netkar and I have bought and tried everything Kunos has put at my disposal, but I am able to see the errors, I think they make a mistake leaving unfinished this feature in many the cars we have.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  3. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Are you kidding me? Development of Assetto Corsa is only HALF done because a dozen cars have brake temperatures enabled and the others do not? Half finished? Talk about hyperbole... There is a perfectly logical reason they haven't implemented this feature in all cars. If they made it even remotely realistic with street cars you would be back in here screaming about how crappy this game is because your Toyota GT 86 has no brakes every time you approach Tiergarten. Where were all the posts screaming about the lack of brake temperatures in 2014 & 2015? As you claim, it's a half finished game. Where is your outrage for water temp, oil temp, an ignition switch for us to start every car? And your nonsense about conformism? WTF?
    [​IMG]

4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

@TheBoss I think everyone has clearly understood your point. It's just that noone shares your POV that this makes for an unfinished game. Why? Because Kunos explained why they don't plan to implement it on all cars - it has been repeated in this thread several times.

Also, people don't agree with your speculation that it's been abandoned in favour of AC2 development. Why? Because Kunos are still working on AC in other areas and because there's no semi-official rumor that development on a successor has already been picked up.

You can stop your crusade.

5. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

It's disappointing for sure that they appeared to have stopped rolling out the brake temp physics across the cars. Managing the brakes is a core function of being a racing driver, I am mainly speaking about racing cars here of course.

I seem to recall some kind of announcement months ago that they had some development or partnership with an Italian brake company (I presume Brembo). Whatever became of that?

6. Lack of real world data maybe?
    Twenty years or more ago, yes. Today, not so much.

7. Psit

Psit Alien

I can see why Stefano is losing faith in humanity... I hope he hasnt clicked on this thread already :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

paul_wev likes this.
  8. Jadonyx

Jadonyx Hardcore Simmer

He losing faith in humanity because? Because some people want to see his creation more complete?

9. Psit

Psit Alien

You must be new around here... :)

Or not.

sissydriver likes this.
  10. Because every few days the community comes up with some new (generally trivial) feature that we NEED in order for AC to be worth a damn. Think jump starts, timed races, etc......

Not that having more sim things is bad, but the way the community acts like all the years of work is little more than wasted time without the inclusion of 'insert sim wish here' has to make Stefano's blood boil.

Jebus, Andrew_WOT, miky and 1 other person like this.
  11. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

has finished the development of this characteristic, for no apparent reason has been introduced in a very small number of vehicles and the others will be left without this characteristic. I am also disappointed, I find it incomprehensible.

The damage can be turned off, if it is realistic to be integrated in AC, or if you prefer to eliminate tire wear and fuel consumption, we could eliminate fuel consumption in cars that consume too much, this way we will not have to stop in box that is somewhat annoying What does it mean that a car does not have this feature and its rival if it has? Physics should affect all cars in the same way.

If asked now this feature is because Kunos announced that it would arrive, has reached a handful of cars and has been abandoned. My indignation is not in water temperature and other features because it has not developed in a handful of cars, it has been decided not to implant and I see it correct.

At the moment a feature has developed to a handful of cars and to others it does not feel unfinished.

It is normal that you do not agree, the moment you make a critic to Kunos there are always some users who are indignant and start looking for silly excuses to defend Kunos. You have to be objective, Kunos does a lot of things well, but those that do bad must be reproached.
    What is the official version of Kunos not to integrate this feature in all cars?

For me this has done very poorly, endowing some cars with a feature and not integrating it into other cars without reason.

The development of AC2 can not be hidden, it is like a pregnancy.:D

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  12. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

Without reason? I think they gave you many, such as: completely irrelevant feature compared to other things that are missing/needs work, missing data and the TIME it takes to adjust and test this for all cars.

Also, the force you can push the pedal is limited in simulations to certain level (you can see this from pedals app applied as 100% pressure). This kind of theoretical "maximum pressure" is not present in real world and having it in a sim kinda makes brake temps more irrelevant because IRL they are limited by the system pressure/brake temps and the maximum force the driver can push the pedal, that's not the case in sims..

13. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

I imagine that Kunos would already know that he needs a lot of work to implement in each of the cars, as any other feature will not be a copy and paste. There is a lack of information on any other characteristic, Kunos can not simulate all the tires of their cars in a real way, manufacturers are not going to provide their data, Kunos can only try to do something realistic in this regard.

I suppose you will give me the reason why this characteristic does not develop because of lack of time. That lack of time comes from other work not related to AC1.

For me it would be better option if you remove this feature completely and leave no quality differences between the content.

14. Jadonyx

Jadonyx Hardcore Simmer

Every time I want to write wall of text and for me as for non English native speaker is not easy. But for what? There will be no answer from the devs - they are busy answering on RD or in knowingly stupid thread about engine power. And then their blood will boil. :D

15. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien