1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Breaking sensitivity

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by xtro, Sep 6, 2016.

1. xtro

xtro Gamer

I got the game this week end and I really love it so far. The grip sensation is excellent and I love the progressiveness of it all however I do have a big problem with the breaking (no sensation, lack of power)...

I have a t3pa setup with the stock load cell installed. And since there are no visual cues on how much breaking power is applied I feel almost nothing until my wheel lock up.

If I press too hard when going fast it feels like the car doesnt break at all, then locks up and I go straight in the sand.

I seem to get more efficient breaking only if I apply a tiny amount of pressure on the pedal which feels unnatural... Should I remove the load cell from behind the pedal ? Is there any way to calibrate everything in game ?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Game breaking issue with Tracking May 16, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Apex Cones and breaking cones Apr 29, 2020
    ACC Physics car setups - Blocked Wheels (not breaking) Apr 19, 2020
    ACC Gameplay 2 bugs, one annoying, one racebreaking. Nov 8, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Brands Hatch breaking signs wrong? Jul 3, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting gamebreaking stuttering after massive ACC crash CPU Oct 14, 2018
    ACC Physics Unstable breaking with realistic bias settings. Sep 13, 2018
    Bug reports Probably a Game Breaking Bug Nov 12, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Countach Wheel Breaking Jun 22, 2017
    Bug reports Porsche 918 Bad breaking performance Feb 27, 2017
    Audio Bugs & Issues Gearbox Ringing on Miura when breaking hard. Oct 27, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues "MGU-K Recovery - not available" message on ALL cars when breaking Jul 15, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Optimal breaking: Do you hear the tyres slip/skid very much or not at all? (no ABS) Mar 6, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Game breaking pedal bug Jul 1, 2014
    Chit Chat Room BREAKING NEWS!!! Mar 31, 2014

3. onepueblo

onepueblo Simracer

I've got a modified brake pedal with conical brake mod and another mod made by me, AC as you said does not have pedals calibration, no visuals, no brake either throttle sensitivity adjustments. For who has modded pedals in a word: nightmare.
    To calibrate your brake you'll need everytime you start the game to fully depress your brake, with mine I have to press about 100 kg, far more than what I actually can press while driving, only doing this I can achieve a decent range, you know the far you can go when you calibrate the more is the range you achieve.
    The umbelievable has become true, every racing game has sensitivity adjustments for pedals, and often an external calibration section.
    In Project Cars, when I calibrate my brake, I can decide once and for all how is the range I want, and I pressed about 100 kg to have about 80% (the game save it), than there is the brake sensitivity to make unlinear progression at your pleasure. Anyhow with any game on ps4 you need to calibrate pedals every single time your game restart, so full pression is needed as far as you can.

Horus likes this.
  4. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

Well that is interesting, I too have the T3PA and feel I have to feather the break very lightly. I had no idea that you could calibrate this at launch of the game. So are you saying that when it is going through boot sequence you depress the pedal and release...how long for please?

I hope this works, at least until they patch some PC style settings ;)

5. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

Well thank you Onepueblo, I do believe that this worked!!

onepueblo likes this.
  6. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

What I'd like is to calibrate the pedals to their abilities and not have to rely on muscle memory to gauge how far / hard to press them. You still lock up if you stamp on the brakes, but at least you have some kind of 'feel' of what's going on up to that point.
    The PC version has calibration for pedals and, more importantly, wheel calibration to set deadzone etc.
    I'm another T3PA user with the rubber cone mod and with the calibration / saturation adjustability in pCARS I've got it near enough set so when the pedal touches the cone, I have around 50~60% pressure, half compression of the cone is around 80~90% and if I press harder I'll lock up (depending on whether the car is ABS or not).
    Another reason to add calibration is the clutch saturation. Sometimes I miss a gear because I haven't fully depressed the pedal. It's bad enough missing an up shift, but missing a down shift into a corner is worse as you can lose control and go wide.
    Finally, wheel calibration. I've noticed when driving in a straight line I've got a small amount of deadzone so don't feel any FFB until I start to steer one way or the other so can't exactly feel the bumps and undulations if I'm keeping the wheel in the dead ahead position.

onepueblo likes this.
  7. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

I agree GT500. I have posted elsewhere that I was disappointed that the adjustment was not included in the console version as it is in the pc version. Prior to purchase I tried the pc version and was impressed with the settings available for the wheel, pedals and shifter, especially the dead zone sliders.

Let's hope they will appear in a forthcoming patch.

In the interim I am pleased that I have found something that goes a little way to assist me in game as per previous post.

8. xtro

xtro Gamer

Thank you very much. I confirm that this works... and now I can almost win 1st place in easy races every time... Love this game! thank you devs at Kunos

9. onepueblo

onepueblo Simracer

You are welcome. And 'welcome' to daily calf workout of brake pedal modders ;) To visualize what I said just try Project Cars (that shows the green and the red bar as any sim I've ever played except AC) you can see at the launch of the game before pedals are not pressed down, they are on default mode that in PCars is 50% of the full stock range, until you achieve about 80% the pedal starts autocalibration in game (suddently the red bar goes from half to full but you can still go further as much as you desire), than if you go on calibration section you will clearly see percentages and to save the maximum range you want. At this point you are ready to decrease the braking sensitivity to adapt to YOUR pedal until you are using a shorter range. To understand what is sensitivity, is just a value that at 100% is linear but decreasing it goes unlinear and more similar to the real brake of a car that works with weight and not with a range. Hope I've been exaustive sorry for bad english

BistoKid likes this.
  10. mataman

mataman Rookie

Just press pedals to the maximum before race starts, done. It must be done every time you start the game.

Same method was used in Gran Turismo.

11. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

I wonder do I have to follow the same procedure with the kit I'm using?
    I found the brakes extremely sensitive too in the couple of times I've played AC. I'm gonna try it out next time just to see what's what.

12. mataman

mataman Rookie

In all console games this issue exists. When someone has something that limits brake travel (conical brake mod for example) this procedure must be taken, because games do not save pedals calibration. They're calibrating every time at start of a game.

People with standard pedals didn't notice that, because pedals calibrate on first braking. But when you have limited travel brake is very sensitive after this. Because it's not calibrated correctly.

Even in project cars which had pedals calibration, I had to press brake hard after game loaded to work correctly.

BistoKid likes this.
  13. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

Well I for one appreciate all the assistance here, it will certainly help for future gameplay!

Dave53 likes this.
  14. onepueblo

onepueblo Simracer

Yes, that said, again in PCars you can at least save the limit on the external calibration section once and for all, so when you press to auto-calibrate you reach always the same limit, example 80 % I've got like 73 %, this value never change until I recalibrate and save, I'm sorry but this is necessary not missable, here every single time you do the autocalibration you can reach 80 or 81 o 70 o 85 depends on how hard you are able to press the mod of the pedal not to mention sensitivity because is another bad miss of AC ps4, it's a nonsense, there are no argumentations for a sim on that. Case closed

xtro and TheGT500 like this.