1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Comunity list for kunos. to do/fix/improve

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Albert McSaltens, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

- Server favorites list.

Quffy likes this.
  2. guys keep it simple, the above post is perfect example

3. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

-Buddylist integration ;)

LeDude83 and Albert McSaltens like this.
  4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

- Track Rotation in MP
    - Detailed setup limitations in MP including intake manifold choking for power balancing
    - Indicators for on-track communication (pass left/right)
    - Triple headlight flash on pushing button once to raise awareness on track

5. Horus

Horus Alien

It still surprises me that anyone think this is helpful to Kunos, they know what is necessary and post like this do nothing to help. Do you think they live in a box and have never seen other sims? If there were some really outstanding ideas then that would be cool but most of these are the normal or pie in the sky ideas.

i.e. Above post asks for triple flash headlamps, well get a wheel and assign a button to do just that. I am sure there are software products that will do it for a gampad, but still this is a sim not a console game (YET!)

6. Racert46

Racert46 Simracer

It still surprises me that people feel the need to comment on anything that they do not like. If you do not like this kind of thread do not post in one.
    Post like this may/can be helpful to people that are not on this forum 24/7 to see/find info that is otherwise spread over 1124 different posts in 173 topics.
    Post like yours only brings negativity in a thread that is trying to do something positive.

Just to add to OP list:
    - Improve A.I.

7. Horus

Horus Alien

I did not say 'I did not like' I just mentioned how irrelevant it is. Good ideas deserve to have their own threads, to just spew out this that and the other like Kunos do not know what they are doing, or where they are going, is rather pathetic and derogatory. Like your statement, 'Improve A.I.' do you not think they know that already, do you think it comes as a surprise to them? Most of the Wish list is obvious and redundant. It would be good to have a working list from the dev's but they have not made one and as such I expect they have more important things to concentrate on. Yes I would love to be a fly on their wall seeing what they are doing, working one and implementing. But these posts will not be useful to you, me or the dev's.

8. Racert46

Racert46 Simracer

So if in your opinion this is irrelevant, then nobody is allowed to make this thread or post in it? That is rather pathetic and derogatory.

Of course I know that improve A.I. is known to the devs (exactly why I put it here)
    and I also know that they are working on it and that they probably can not improve overtaking very much if you follow KS staff members on twitter.
    But where could a new forum member easily find this info?

There was not one negative post in this thread, nobody is demanding anything just listing up items and helping the OP, except for your posts.

Point remains, if you do not think this is relevant, do not post in here, simple.

Albert McSaltens and Jebus like this.
  9. Horus

Horus Alien

You seem to miss my point this is a thread of ME ME ME, yet you get upset about ME saying how useless and futile these type of posts are. If there were any good ideas they would be lost in the mire of obvious and the inane.

"But where could a new forum member easily find this info?"

From the forum! If you look closely there is a little button called SEARCH, when used this little button can help find those posts. Funnily most people have no idea how a SEARCH function works, or ignore it all together.

"Point remains, if you do not think this is relevant, do not post in here, simple."

Because it is a forum and as such I have as much right as you to type BS and pointless posts. Welcome to the internet. :)

10. it is good and helpfull cause it is all in one place , easy to find , not having to read thousand threats . plus sure kunos themselves forget things that sure are asked since day one and still not fixed or done

11. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

i dont really understand what kunos want from the community (asking us for a clear list of suggestions.) i think every feature possible has been requested and talked about at 1 point or another. i remember an mp suggestions thread called multiplayer must haves that went on for an aweful lot of pages, and the arguments over mp or sp features :p short of everyone just trying to shout the loudest about their most desired feature (**cough** tyre limitation for MP **cough**) i dont know what that statement will achieve?

i think the only way to get some sort of consensus or meaningful insight into what the community wants is with a well thought out poll.

12. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Stefano, himself said to make a "wish" list tread, so this a nice idea and also @AC Support , this thread is a nice opportunity for you devs to communicate even more on this .

Stefano already answered many of those things, so TS can update the list (this is a start https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...ming-coding-sessions.24762/page-6#post-498625 ) .
    Some of them will never happen, some of them is on "radar" , some of them will happen in distant future.
    Maybe devs can answer in some of them and keep in list only those that are valid.

Racert46 likes this.
  13. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

Just to add to this list (despite the debate about the usefulness)

- HUD on triple screen setups.
    The flags (blue, yellow etc) appear in the top right of the left hand screen, more often than no these dont get noticed due to their location.
    The info screen in the pits when refueling, repairing with the timer bars counting down appears on the far right hand or right screen.
    These need to be dragable or hard coded to stay within the limits of the centre screen​

14. Stereo

Stereo Alien

To improve the list I think it'd help to split it into do/fix/improve categories:
    - do: add something that doesn't currently exist in the game (eg. more lights, simulate brake temperatures)
    - fix: make a concrete change to something that's in the game so it works better (eg. "make the chat app always shown when users join MP unless they explicitly disable it", "give the default chat app more than one line of text")
    - improve: no useful suggestions but something is unsatisfactory (eg. AI doesn't pass much, shadows look ugly)

The same type of organization as the bug forums (physics/audio/graphics/multiplayer) might help too. The list right now is pretty unreadable.

15. Dont think the list is unreadeable, if they gives us a changelog that looks pretty much like this list. and no one has a problem,

16. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

Please add count down while the blue flag is presented, (20 to 30 seconds adjustable by the server admin). When the count down reaches zero -> Black Flag -> Player sent to the boxes.
    If the blue flag disappears, the countdown resets.
    That should fix the problem with back-markers who like to race against the race leaders, while still allowing back-markers to unlap themselves.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  17. Pvt.Oldschool

Pvt.Oldschool Rookie

hi, got ac since almost a month now, driving with a controller for now cause i cant effort a wheel.
    so what bugs me is the rumbling effects, its nice to feel the motor rumblin in your hands, but useless! i'd prefer the rumble for the tires like in forza. for example: no rumble = grip, rumble = loosing grip; the more it rumbles the more you loose grip. i can hear the motor just fine threw sound, the lack of feeling of the car (or shall i say tyres?) is bugging me when im training to drift. but even on grip racing it can be very frustrating when im accelerating out of the corner and i dont even notice im loosing grip in time.
    pls fix the feedback for the controller.

18. I'm sorry, but your problem comes cause you use a controller, you should use a wheel.
    Although AC and other racing sims allow you to use keyboard or pads, this isn't the way to play it.

In game menu /controler you have a lsider to amplify or reduce kerbs, road, and slip effects

19. What about if people run leagues or something that there is no blue flag rules,? like american GT they do not have to obey blue flags

20. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Not only this, also why I shouldn't be allowed to race for example 2 seconds ahead the leader when I'm equal fast or 1 or 2 tenths faster. As long as the guy behind didn't come in a range where I interfere his driving, I ignore the blue flag. I also overtake people when I'm faster although I'm a lap back (you often see pits twice in public racing ^^). In a much less aggressive way to avoid crashing at all costs, but I overtake and then it also can last some time until the blue flag disappears.

Some things in racing can't be judged by software.