1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Comunity list for kunos. to do/fix/improve

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Albert McSaltens, Jul 1, 2015.

1. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

Albert,
    I thought that this was a community list.
    If you decide what goes to the list and what doesn't the idea of a community list falls apart.
    I liked the Idea of a single post for easy consultation by Kunos, but in these conditions there is really no point.

2. i understand your point, but we cannot put everything, because what you said clearly makes no sense cause would cause a problem for those leagues or championships that do not use blue flag. also the point somone said above is very valid.
    We have to list here very important things and reallistic, what if somone wants kunos to make night raicng, yeah that would be cool but we know it is not gonna happen, so it is useless to bring that into the list. your blue flag suggestion is not a bad idea but it is not already something polished enough, cause it will also create a problem.
    Maybe alaborate more on it to avoid the problem as we said, people not running blue flag rules, or people that unlapp from the leader and have similar pace, and twould take maybe 2 or 3 laps to get rid of the blue flag.

3. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

The solution could be; if the admin sets the counter to zero, the counter would be inactive.
    If an admin wants users to un-lap themselves he could set the counter to 50 seconds or more.

Last Saturday I was rammed while in 1st at Imola by two different back-markers.
    In the 1st situation I had more momentum after a curve and when I was alongside in a straight, he just turn into me.
    In the second case the back-marker was weaving in the track the prevent me from passing, as he went right I opted to go left to try to pass but he still ended my race.

You could say I should slow and wait for him to get tiered, but the second place guy was right behind. No time to slow down.
    These are just few examples of many crashes caused by back-markers that are caught by the leaders and still think that they are faster or fighting for position when in fact they aren't.
    It is really frustrating when you are in a top place and your race is jeopardized by this kind of behavior.

I remember some years ago Hamilton was on pole at Nurburgring, and he had a puncture. After he left the pits, he was in front of the leaders of the race and about to be lapped. Although he was competitive, he still had to let them pass on the blue flag.

People can of course un-lap themselves, but they need to be faster than the car in front. They cannot be competing with that car as if they were fighting for position.

In conclusion, the solution I propose is flexible enough to fit any situation.
    If the server admin doesn't want the counter to be active he can just set it to zero.
    Or he could set "Blue flag counter" to "inactive".

But at least in servers where this would be active, there would be nice surprises for blocker back-markers. They would just found them selves in the pits. After a few months they would simply not find this behavior funny anymore.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  4. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

show the server configuration of assists, penalties etc in the server browser, or at least in pit menu where you see the track temp etc

(TC_ALLOWED, ABS_ALLOWED, STABILITY_ALLOWED, AUTOCLUTCH_ALLOWED, DAMAGE_MULTIPLIER, FUEL_RATE, TYRE_WEAR_RATE, ALLOWED_TYRES_OUT)

i think it would be worth sorting your list by importance, sparks at the top and brake temp at the bottom seems a bit backwards :p

5. Let's see how people react to your proposal if people think it s worth it i will put it on there.
    i personally don't think it's something any developer will ever do

6. QC.

QC. Gamer

I see quite differently here (although I agree kakusso could be a little clearer, plenty of 'explanation' now but needs a bit more 'focus', but I might be just as bad, lets see :D) .

'In my view' (here we go :rolleyes:) I quite like the idea of configurable blue flags but this needs to be extended much further. So, Conditions under which a blue flag is shown - The current system works as a simple indicator but if penalties are to be applied then specific conditions' will be needed, which leads directly to the penalty system itself.

Penalties should be applied as required for the session/server/event, so a range of 'penalties' should be available. Penalties come in two parts. The 'action' - reversing on track/false start/cutting/not serving a penalty/not pitting etc, etc... And the 'penalty' - text warning/(x)flag/send to pit/stop'n'go/time added or even the dreaded SLOW DOWN etc, etc. When setting up our own race (single or multiplayer) these actions could be assigned with specific penalties allowing the 'user' to configure the race.

I would also like to see the penalties themselves made configurable, able to lead to further penalties. So, for example, the slow down 'time and speed' can be defined or possibly kick with 'time out' timer or straight to blacklist. And this itself could be divided to action1 -> penalty A, -> penalty B, action1 (2nd time) -> penalty A, -> penalty C and so on until 'action/penalty' is 'cleared' (again configurable - session/day/never/(x)time). Penalties should also be able to be applied by 'race control' (admin or user?) in real time.
    [random thought] blue flag shown for > (x) meters, if 'passing' driver 'complains' (its in the controls!), apply penalty? [/random thought]

Given the large variety of racing 'styles' (F1. GT, club, street?, etc, etc..). It makes since to have the system as 'modular' as possible'. I would suggest this even extends to as many areas as possible. So classes of cars could be defined (by the user, down to a single car, class a/b/c/d...) and different rules applied to each. Penalties may be mostly 'global' (in the real world, no reason not to have 'crazy' settings, how about different number of race laps for specific cars?(a kind of handicap if you like) but certainly there would be use for separate tire restrictions, setup restrictions. And what happens in F1 or GT races should be able to be achieved by making the right choices. The end result is the user gets to choose the rules of the race track (same as the individual tracks/organizations in the real world), and its seems 'rules' change every season anyhow :p.

To me this idea of 'modularity' should be used as much as possible. Everything from car setup/environment setup/race setup/championship setup(points, handicaps?). If its done at the heart of AC, and the user is given the tools you will have a 'design your own race series simulator' which I would think is appealing to both single and multiplayer's. Having as many of these 'values' accessible through the API as possible will allow the community to create their own monitoring systems.
    Personally I think a 'simulator' (ideally) is not just about replicating a known situation as close as you can make it, its about being able to change the 'environment' (be it rules, weather or physics) and test various situations (realistic or not). Who knows maybe one day rules for a real racing series could have been 'tested' in AC aka 'race setup'?:D

P.S. My suggestion (like I haven't got a heap above or a hundred more:eek:, so from the start) is 'multiple user profiles', hopefully with a history, km/laps/races/starts/finishes/placings(of all drivers?) as much as you can possibly think of (I accept there are limits though :(),

I hesitate to let anyone else play 'MY' Assetto Corsa because best lap times (and other things) are 'shared'. Plus it would be good for 'in house' competition if we could compare times (local leader board, ghost racing?). The one issue I can think of here is multiplayer ID (specifically the linking of GUID and driver name), maybe allow a 'main' profile and all others are set to 'guest' so 'banlists' would allow a guest to be banned without effecting the main profile (the owner of the software), a ban on 'main' would count as both??(or better yet user(server) configurable:cool:).

I'll pause dreaming now :D.
    Cheers

Quffy likes this.
  7. Couple things, I know that Stefano wants to improve the "race watching" alot, being fan of it and all.
    If you atm. press ctrl+c and let the AI drive your car, the lap times that it drives are added into your personal times.
    Would be nice for the Single player/AI live to get the 'next opponent/player/previous opponent' functionality from multiplayer (ctrl+1, ctrl+2, ctrl+3).

8. Niki Đaković

Niki Đaković Hardcore Simmer

LOL. You do know that in almost every organized championship in the world apart from F1, blue flags are purely informative. All they mean is that blue flagged car is obliged to curtiously make some room once the faster car has approached.
    Of course, if you mid-race joined on a public server, then you certainlly should jump the heck out of everyone's way. But, if it's a real race and you're legitimately been outpaced for a lap, then blue flag is there to warn you that soon a fast car will be overtaking you. So for you it should be the best to give him overtake without getting into his way.

If there is a lot of guys mid-race joining and causing mayhem, then admin will just slam the option no mid-race joining any more. Which is a shame, because maybe someone wants to join for training and stay out of other people's way.

9. For the mid race joinning guys, there is a solution for that in 1.2, you will be able to allow or not allowe people form joining once race has started, so that should be fixed

10. I think you just nailed it, configurable penalties, and configurable blue flag

11. dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy Racer

- drivers stats, depending on multiple factors like races finished, races won, kick/ban from server, km in game, km on single cars (like rsr).... To create like 3 categories to choose in multiples setting, because is really boring the wild life in public server right now, is really hard to join and finish a race without crash

12. dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy Racer

a dedicated slot to a cameraman, a player that will stream the race whit a dedicated camera control to show as best as possible the entire race

13. dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy Racer

- more filter in multiplayer, by cars, classes, tracks, drivers rank.
    -pit stop strategy before the race, to set tires and fuel
    -pit speed limit to manual (settable by server)
    -race start fault by an early clutch released

14. Kunos is making a plugin that will allowe people to do such things ( Raceme.io) they are doing something like that already

15. dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy Racer

nice to know!! There is somewhere a kunos queue to-do list on what they are working now and what they are planning to do in the next future?

16. no, but you can watch stefano's streaming where he shows his work, and also answers people's questions

stefano casillo on youtube

17. NebuCD

NebuCD Rookie

A smaller fix would be to make the option of auto recovery work again, it can be found in assettocorsa/system/cfg/options.ini but as of right now it does nothing (though it worked before, apparently)

Would make crashes a lot more exciting, especially on tracks such as Lake Louise.

18. Mogonaut

Mogonaut Racer

I personally don't think we should be able to select a gear before the lights go out, simply because then everyone would get a perfect start which takes away that fun factor of beating people off the line.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

19. as it is now it is actually easier to get a perfect start,

if you see people starting later than others it is due to low fps or high ping

20. PADIN

PADIN Gamer

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016