1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Could ac do with a demo?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Boris Lozac, May 8, 2015.

1. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Was just thinking of trying out PC, wish there was a demo of their 'best' combo or something like that, don't feel like downloading 'that' version, let alone buying it, but a demo of few GB's would be great to try it out..

Then it hit me that AC doesn't have it neither :) Could it benefit from it, i think it would be great for attracting more people.. Like a community voted car and track combo..

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions This game needs a demo. Jul 24, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Assetto Corsa Competizione demo? Dec 31, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Demoted from Gold to Bronze without losing rating Jun 7, 2019
    Screens & Videos tactile feedback / bass shaker via Shake It. tutorial and demo here Feb 7, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Where do I post to ask for permission to use assetto corsa for demo? May 6, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Demo Scene? Mar 11, 2018
    Screens & Videos Real Head Motion Demonstration / 488 GT3 @ Nords Aug 4, 2016
    Screens & Videos Small demonstration of GlovePIE voice activation for MGU-K profiles Jul 28, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Sebestian Rally demo Jan 24, 2016
    3D car models F1sr ferrari f248 public beta 2 demo 19/09/15 Aug 13, 2015
    Screens & Videos Channel for demonstrating mods Nov 26, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Special Event "Demon on Wheels" with the BMW Z4 GT3 at Imola Mar 16, 2014
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Replace special characters; getDriverName workaround (demo, incomplete) Mar 5, 2014
    3D car models Full Throttle Blue Demon Ferrari 458 Feb 11, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Is there any demo ? Jan 2, 2014

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I like that idea and demo is rare these days if they even exist, so i think Kunos can earn some respect by doing this while also getting some extra customers.

+1 for this suggestion!

ZachRacer88 and Boris Lozac like this.
  4. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

honestly - and this is just my oppinion - for the price it was available for , AC didn't need demo at all, it was so cheap that i think everyone should have bought it :)

but if indeed demo is done, It won't hurt.
    It would however take time of the actual game development, which is not cool,

plus, AC is getting so much praise everywhere, that I don't think demo would change people's mind if they should buy it or not

5. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Could be, but there's probably plenty of 'on the fence' people thinking about going the sim route, that are not sure should they buy it blind.. i don't know, i'm not sure how market works and can it actually hurt or improve the sales and general opinion.

I know that LFS demo totally got me and was and probably still is, teh best demo of all time, even MP worked, plenty of demo servers etc.. , and launched me in the sim world.

6. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

well they did the tech preview with magione and Lotus, .perhaps that could be updated somehow , but still work that could be used on something else.
    kunos must know if it would be worth it or not

7. I could have sworn that a demo was planned but that was a long time ago and I guess things change. Every game should have a demo so of course AC should too IMO.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  8. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Hardcore Simmer

I think it would have been an idea. but given their development cycle I don't see the point. nothing is static per say in the presentation of AC. well it is. but to confidently put a demo out I think there needs to be a more "complete" edition in their eyes. but I don't know. demos can equally turn an opinion the other way. and sometimes its best not messing with it. of course we know how good it could be. I think in hindsight of the positive sales environment it has received and together with planned but un released DLC, its best for that to come towards the end of the cycle now.

and then what kind of demo? multiplayer only demo ? if that was a thought, I think it could be a seriously good move. once multiplayer has been fleshed out even further than it has.

9. After second DLC, techpreview type one track, one car... other than that, No.

Patrik Marek likes this.
  10. Same combo as tech preview would be fine. The purpose of the demo is to give you a chance to see how the game looks and runs graphically on your system, and to give you a taste of the physics.

zaratul likes this.
  11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

One road car and one race car + 1 track maybe? :) There is a lot of options that can change AC completely though, the different settings with "custom - gamer - racer - pro", what the temp is going to be, track surface. If the player themselves are going to get to decide or not. Some people think that AC have to much grip and the race cars drives like cart because of how the standard settings are. Do you they want to attract both the guys that want it as easy as possible, something in between, the one that really looking for a challenge? All this would probably take a lot of time to code :/

I still think a demo would be great but there is so much for them at KS to take into consideration.

12. Hippy

Hippy Racer

Not having a demo encourages piracy imo. Especially for a niche game.

13. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

if people use pirated version to try it out and decide to buy it , that's sort of fine,
    most pirates wouldn't buy the game anyway, so demo won't change that

jasjeet likes this.
  14. Ody

Ody Racer

Honestly, i miss the days when i was buying some kind of PC or gaming magazine , and they whould include cd's with demos of the latest games. Don't understand why this has stopped many years now.

As for AC, honestly i think it's a little late now for the demo to be worthwhile for Kunos. They have established a name of themselves, the game and its specs are known to everyone, countless reviews, benchmarks etc, so ... nah.

And seriously, the lack of a demonstration of many games lead many players into trying pirated versions to make sure, which i guess is every developers nightmare (apart from those that actually DON'T buy the game at all)

15. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

and later on after 30 or 40 demos installed and un-installed, you had to reinstall entire system because it was full of stuff left behind with not proper uninstalls, lots of vairous DRM software as well .. etc.

never was really for me

16. Ody

Ody Racer

Believe me, if i said i had a pirated copy of the game, (which i never had and you can't prove otherwise :rolleyes:) , many , including the dev's, would want to put me on the guilotine .

17. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

18. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

there's your answer then!

19. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Wait wait...we are still in beta and you ask for a demo?Seriously?
    Btw, they can simply put the tech demo on steam...

20. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

AC has been released, it's not beta/early access for few months now

21. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

No, the game got released 19th December 2014 so its not in beta.

Dammit, Patrik beat me to it.