1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Curb FFB effect to be stronger.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MsportDAN, Nov 22, 2013.

1. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

...as title says

who agrees.

Y/N

Backmarker likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Redurce FFB on Curbs Jan 25, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals FFB Missing on curbs Mar 13, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions FFB When running on curbs, loosing traction and abs turning on Dec 27, 2020
    ACC Physics ACC curbstone ffb on transducer Apr 27, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals No FFB on curbs (Thrustmaster t300) Apr 16, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals FFB at Curbs Struggling Jan 20, 2019
    Console Lounge FFB is weird, cant feel much, no curb FFB Feb 13, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Reducing curbs ffb? Feb 17, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Lost ffb when using curb on first chicane at monza Oct 9, 2014
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars floating curb at CotA Feb 28, 2024
    ACC Physics Porsche Cup curb behaviour V1.8.4 Dec 2, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Suzuka grass on curb Nov 26, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars [Old issue]Silverstone curbs overhaul Aug 29, 2021
    ACC Physics Laguna Seca Curb Of Death Mar 21, 2021
    ACC Physics High frequency vibration on flat curbs Dec 26, 2020

3. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

If you mean fake wheel vibration like other sims have, no I don't want it unless it's an option.

4. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

whats fake about a car going over Rumble strip and creating vibrations ?!

paulieGTR likes this.
  5. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

Fake in the way we only have the wheel to feel them when in reality its the kind of thing felt via "seat of pants" ;-)

Nevertheless we like to have it so... they are working on it.

Btw, a simple search would have answered your question.

Sent from my bq Edison using Tapatalk

6. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Dan... +1.!!

If you go down a cobbled street in a car with koni sports shockers, you feel vibration through the steering wheel.
    That is nothing to the effect going over rumble strips.

If you go up the kerb while parking, the wheel jolts.
    I remember going round a rounabout clipping a 3.5" kerb on the inside and the wheel turned that violently it broke my thumb.

Fake... there's nothing fake about it.

Different story as Kunos says with the Elise though because of the way the front end is setup.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  7. Bhodi

Bhodi Rookie

I don't understand what's fake about that. FFB is at the moment not as it should be, when on the track its decent, but when you touch a curb or go into the grass ffb almost doesn't change at all, but I guess that is in the works. So MsportDAN i'm with ya

8. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

The steering wheel in a car does not vibrate over rumble strips, unless you have something wrong with your car. It's the body of the car that vibrates. You maybe feel a force depending on the size and angle of the curb and your suspension alignment settings, but not a vibration. Not how a g25 portrays it anyway, I can't speak for other wheels.

9. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

the front wheels go over the rumble strip the force and vibration go through axles up steering column and most often than not felt by the drivers hands... Especially in race cars where theyre even tighter lighter and less sound and vibratuion proof than a normal road car is..

M/\DH/\X likes this.
  10. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Going down a cobbled street... the steering Does Vibrate.
    Going over kerbs and rumble strips the wheel jolts.

Remember... Race cars are setup stiff with less roll.
    They're not your average family saloon.

11. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

So who else lol.??

12. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Next person pls.!!

13. CRex

CRex Gamer

Yes indeed. Although I'm not sure what is weak and numb FFB and what is improper settings on my wheel yet. Maybe and probably both?

14. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

err yeah needs to be stronger...

15. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

See v8sc on two wheels... and they hage quite big jumps even with nothing much happening on the wheel and they even do it with one hand... ;-)

Granted they have power steering.

Ps: do not mistake vibration and jolts with shaking like rf2... first 2 do not affect direction the car is going.

16. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

That's why I said no unless it's an option. Maybe other wheels do a better job, but when my G25 vibrates it feels like the steering rack is about to fall out of the car. Not how it feels in real life at all, unless you are maybe driving a model T ford or something.

paulieGTR likes this.
  17. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

No i'm not comparing vibration and jolts to other sims.
    I'm telling you what happened to me when i clipped a small kerb on a roundabout.
    I'm also telling you what i felt in my fiesta 1300 supersport with koni shockers.

1st 2 donot affect direction.?? yeah, that's why the wheel turned and broke my thumb.!!

18. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

I have no problem with feeling a curb, just not with canned vibration effect.

19. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

+1 for Dori.

It would be good to have as an option.:)

But AC really needs this feature of some sort in these monsters that are coming.

20. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

It wasn't a jolt then. Nor vibration :)

Also, when i wrote i expected some common sense. The way you hit something shows differently. You're not expecting for every possible explanation on how anything reacts to what, right?

I'm sorry for your thumb btw. Hope its ok by now so you can drive AC :)

Ps, the v8sc was one example on it is not all black and white. And those are one and a half ton purposely built race cars

21. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

thing is we dont have race seats seatbelts and vibrating panels around us when playing these games. So the devs have to mae up these effects of being inside a race car throught the wheel. Fake or not i rather have some effect than none.