1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Curb FFB effect to be stronger.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MsportDAN, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

They already did add a slider for vibration, it's in the advanced tab in steering settings.

2. Can't say too much about the G25, as I don't have one one, and my Fanatec does "rattle" a bit more than a real car wheel does, but there is a bit more info being given back to us through Game FFB than just road surface. Those are the things that give us, or at least try to give us the things that we are missing from the seat of the pants feel that we get from chassis vibration/motion.

But we must also remember that there are a whole lot of wheels that are out there for us, and we cannot expect them all to feel the same. Even if I were to put the lighter wheel on my base, it would feel totally different than the heavy rim that I am now using. I would guess that an ECCI 7000 would feel even smoother than my CSW.
    At least it had better, for another $1500 or so.

3. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

Maybe if I had one of those high end wheels I might like the effects if the wheel doesn't rattle.
    That's the best thing about the sliders at least everyone can find a sweet spot they like, no matter what wheel they have.
    Everyone finds different parts of the FFB more important than others, after all we are not in real cars and the weirdest things can completely change the experience for different individuals. Like the way some people don't like to see the wheel on screen, or the way I get put off if I see the drivers arms on screen.

4. I used to live in an area with roads that were made of caliche. I owned an '72 VW Super Beetle. The car would just about rattle your teeth out. It would get me from home to work, just as well as my neighbors Cadillac. My car was also in the shop less.

I'm sure either one of them could have gone into a ditch just as easily too.

5. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

Come to think of it, I drove a VW '90 mk1 golf convertible and that whole car rattled and vibrated worse than anything I've ever been in. You could see the gaps between the doors and dash getting bigger and smaller over bumps on the road. Maybe if there was one of those in the game I would turn the vibration effects right up lol.

6. barclay123

barclay123 Racer

Really because i don't have that option for vibration ?? am i missing something? gain, filter, damping, kerb affects, road affects and slip affects are the option i have

Backmarker likes this.
  7. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

The kerb, road and slip effects are the ones that control vibration. I have all mine set at 1% and don't have any problems with too much vibration.

8. barclay123

barclay123 Racer

Thanks for the reply i have all those set at 0%, some curbs feel fine others feel horrible will have to try different settings but none seem to remove or reduce the vibration on my logitech wheel

9. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

Maybe it's different since the update? I just drove the Mclaren on Mugello and my wheel seems to vibrate more and I can't turn it down or off. So maybe there is something changed there. I've mainly just driving the M3's and they seemed ok before.

10. Maximo

Maximo Rookie

I believe the FFB can be altered corner by corner in the track settings in notepad.

[SURFACE_3]
    KEY=CURB
    FRICTION=0.93
    DAMPING=0
    WAV=kerb.wav
    WAV_PITCH=1
    FF_EFFECT=0
    DIRT_ADDITIVE=0
    BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
    IS_VALID_TRACK=1
    SIN_HEIGHT=0
    SIN_LENGTH=0
    IS_PITLANE=0
    VIBRATION_GAIN=0.3
    VIBRATION_LENGTH=1.5
    VIBRATION_LENGTH=1.5

Changing this in this surface section will change how the FFB works in that section of the track.

11. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

Curb effects...

Backmarker likes this.
  12. barclay123

barclay123 Racer

Appreciated