1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Curb FFB effect to be stronger.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MsportDAN, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

I completely understand where you are coming from, your not in a car and this is the only way to feel the vibration. But I really really hate canned vibration effects. I have returned a sim because I couldn't turn the vibration off. If it's an option that's great, but I would prefer to feel what actually comes through the wheel from the track and not have it drowned out by my wheel rattling and vibrating.

Kiyoshi likes this.
  2. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Clipped the kerb > Wheel jolted in opposite direction to the direction i was travelling > caught my thumb.

I can't be any more clearer > it's a jolt.

Jolt:"To move or dislodge with a sudden, hard blow; strike heavily or jarringly"

I rest my case.:)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  3. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

lets have the option :)

Dori likes this.
  4. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

now that you insisted, i went looking for the definition of jolt. I'm still confused.

It only refers to abrut or sudden movement but not specifies to the lack of better word, length.

When i posted my notion was that but in like "clunk" as its sudden, you feel it but its "contained". I'm sorry but i can't explain any better.

Still, my v8sc still stands because they do more than jolt and like i said, nothing much happens on the wheel.

Btw, i think what happened to you was something like driving on roots trying to get out or hitting a sidewalk more or less parallel to it. If it was like that its not really comparable... but like i said, i wont do every possible combination and try to explain even if i knew all combos possible :)

Sent from my bq Edison using Tapatalk

5. M/\DH/\X

M/\DH/\X Simracer

verb
    1. 1.
      push or shake (someone or something) abruptly and roughly.
      "a surge in the crowd behind him jolted him forwards"
    noun
    1. 1.
      an abrupt rough or violent movement.
      "he felt a jolt when the plane started to climb"
    Seems like there are difference of oppinions on this subject. Could it be that there are people comparing power steered cars?

I dont get it, everyone here has driven a car in real life right? I hit a 3.5" curb in a van and I also got a jolt, I've driven over a brick layed road and felt the vibrations in the wheel.

Where are these claims that you dont feel it in the steering actually coming from?

paulieGTR likes this.
  6. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

It looks like everyone will be happy with the new update ;) lots of new FFB effects are on a slider. Thank you Kunos:)

paulieGTR and M/\DH/\X like this.
  7. M/\DH/\X

M/\DH/\X Simracer

cant wait to go home and try this :D

Thank You Kunos! :) :) :)

8. Backmarker

Backmarker Racer

Maybe? I'm still trying out the update. I had the Kerb Effects at 30% and on some kerbs there is no effect whatsoever. I need to play around more with the settings atm.

Do the kerbs that caused vibration before the update vibrate even more with the Kerb effects on? It seems like that to me...but it could be a placebo effect. LOL

9. Backmarker

Backmarker Racer

It seems that on my system only the kerbs that gave FFB effects before the update give adjustable feedback using the kerb effect slider. The kerbs that gave no FFB effect before the update continue to give no FFB effect (even with kerb effect slider to 150%). Can anyone else confirm if this is also the result on their system?

I'm a bit bummed because I thought the "FF Enhancement" would give a slight amount of adjustable FFB effect to the kerbs that gave no FFB in the original early release.
    Thanks!

10. Backmarker

Backmarker Racer

ach! we cannot edit previous posts....oh well.

post above was the Fiat Abarth at Vallelunga only. I just tried the Ferrari 458 at silverstone international and it appears that every Kerb gives FFB effects (IIRC, my kerb effect setting was 50%). I tried the Ferrari 458 at Vallelunga and i think it give a little bit of kerb effect. I will have to do some more testing. So this kerb effect may be car and track dependent?

11. Have any of you ever driven over a kerb, or seen one up close? They are called kerb'stones', because with most kerbstones there are alot of stones that make up one big line of kerbstones. It's like driving over alot of small stones with one side of the car, and it upsets the balance of the whole car with stiff racecars, and it pretty much vibrates the steering wheel in EVERY car. I have never driven a car on a track that didnt have vibrations through the steering wheel. Although i never tried it with a Rolls Royce Phantom. Shouldn't be random vibrations, but there should be more reaction through the wheel.

Maarten

paulieGTR likes this.
  12. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

This...
    And this...

13. Backmarker

Backmarker Racer

Ah, I think I figured it out. I misinterpreted what KS was going to do with the "FFB enhancements".

I thought all the kerbs and cement speed bumps would provide FFB with the update. However, it appears that only the kerbs and speedbumps that had a FFB in 0.1.2 give feedback after the update. There are still kerbs and speedbumps that did not provide any FFB in 0.1.2 and they still do not have any FFB. So I can run over these kerbs or hit the speedbumps disrupting the car, getting wheels into the air and the like and there is no FFB.
    (I have most of my time at the silverstone international and vallelunga(sp) tracks so i can't speak for the other tracks)

14. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

It is not felt as hard as you guys seem to meant. Again, there are many variables buy most of it does not come via steering wheel. The problem is its the only way . for most of us . to feel in a sim is via ffb.

BTW, in case you don't know Portuguese are masters in cobblestone :)

I do know how it does (not) feel in my car. And never have I suggested i have racing car experience. I do have some motorcycle experience in off road as well. This, like I said, have many variables. Please read the whole posts first.

I never said you guys are wrong either, I just said its not all black and white. See v8sc...

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

15. Raymond

Raymond Racer

The feedback in my wheel is fine... but I do not appear to be getting much in the way of my buttkicker. Is anyone else having the same issue?

16. Well, they say it is fixed, but let me say...

I can feel the potholes in my 1988 Honda Accord Through my steering wheel. I could also feel small rocks, as I ran them over, of the fully loaded 106,000lb, 18wheel, dual steering axle, 6wheel drive, 5 and 1/2 turns lock to lock hydraulically assisted steering, front discharge, 14 cubic yard capacity Mack cement mixer truck that I used to drive, through the steering wheel.

I will admit that there has been a few different cars that the steering wheel has been so isolated that I don't think I could have felt even running into a wall with them through the wheel. Some of the larger Mercedes Benz sedans come to mind, but I have driven hundreds of different cars on many different surfaces, and the vast majority of them give very good tire/surface feel, back through the steering wheel.

Though the furthest distance may not have been much more than a mile or so one way, let me give you a couple of numbers to figure out the vehicle count.

My first year as an automotive tech, (and this doesn't include the 3 years prior that I was a motor transport operator in the Army) I worked for a used car dealership and did pick up and delivery to most of the other dealerships in Long Beach California, to perform emissions testing. I worked a 5 day week. Most days I would pick up at least 10 cars. Some days I would do as many as 35.

My total time as an automotive tech was 15 years.

How many cars have you driven, that you can base the "You feel the vibrations through the seat of your pants, and not through the steering wheel" ?

17. Raymond

Raymond Racer

If that comment is directed at me... I am expecting to feel it in both. Probably more directly through the wheel but but I would expect it though the seat of my pants as well.

I was only asking because my Fanatec wheel is providing enough feedback but I am feeling nothing through the Buttkicker and was wondering if it was something to do with my setup or with the software. I was just trying to get a sense of what my expectations should be.

18. Not at you at all brother. There are a couple of posts that want to argue different, and I would not expect them to know for a fact if they do not have a whole lot of real life experiance, because I will agree that some vehicles steering wheels are very isolated from the road. Just that they need to sop stating as a fact, when it is not true for all.

I hope you get the buttkickers figured out though. From what I have heard, they really add to the immersion.

In fact, I have driven some vehicles that not only can you not feel anything through the wheel, but nothing through the seat either.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  19. barclay123

barclay123 Racer

Some curbs are fine others feel/sound as if my wheels about to explode, i hope they add a vibration slider to the options

20. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

If this is directed at me, I have been on many different tracks in my cars, I have owned 25 different cars and have driven a lot more that were belonged to others through my friends and work. I drive over kerb stones all the time on track and there is nothing rattling and vibrating my steering wheel anything like my G25 does. In my current car the only rubber between the tarmac and my steering wheel is the low profile tyre. There are no rubber bushings in my car anywhere and I drive it on the road too with very stiff coilover suspension.
    I'm not saying you don't feel something through the wheel, I'm saying it feels nothing like it does on my G25 when it vibrates and rattles.