1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Did he defend well (min 00:40)?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Rex, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

He sure loved those flips :)

2. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

3. he used to play sim-s too much :p

4. chalminho

chalminho Simracer

Good. It took them too long but a warning is good enough. They just have to take his age into account too.

Now if he does not understand after a warning, I have no issue with a disqualification next time. It will teach him.

Kimi is perfectly right. It's just a matter of time before a big crash if he keeps defending like that.

Envoyé de mon SM-N9005 en utilisant Tapatalk

5. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Both moves into les combes deserved a penalty. Can't even make the corner...

The move on Kimi is plain dangerous.

Too bad...I used to like the kid but it seems he has no idea where the line of "acceptable aggressiveness" is. Calm him down before he hurts someone.

grat, demetri, LChaves and 4 others like this.
  6. chalminho

chalminho Simracer

Very interesting analysis by Allan McNish. Agree with everything except the Combes moves that he sees as "on the limit, but probably fair enough." But his points are all well made.
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/37226080

7. What worries me is Max's attitude.

From the bbc article : http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/37258313

"Like any 18-year-old the criticism [from other drivers] seems to be going in one ear and out the other. He really doesn't care," added Horner.

They should have given Sainz the Red Bull drive. He is much more mature than Max and only a year older.

8. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

Alonso is the same guy who yelled for 2 weeks when Rosberg did this same move on him back in the day, and that was on a track with a tarmac runoff (Bahrain).
    Maybe he doesn't believe "YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO LEAVE A SPACE" anymore.

Anyways, neither the shove nor the blocking should be allowed.

About the shove, over the last couple of races:
    Vettel was punished for forcing Massa out of the track.
    Rosberg was punished for forcing Verstappen out of the track.

But somehow the stewards didn't say a thing about Verstappen forcing people out, very inconsistent to say the least.

cerebralvortex likes this.
  9. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

It's not defense racing, this is driving dangerously. If someone catch up very fast, there's no reason to block.

10. Tom 00

Tom 00 Simracer

Max is pushing the boundaries and getting up people's noses, he is driving on the edge and beyond the line that is acceptable.... not the first and not the last. I do see to many people just pulling over or leaving the door open in f1 today which is unacceptable in my eyes. In assetto I do try and make life as difficult as possible, I may not be an alien but my car is one of the widest out there within reason.

11. wm79

wm79 Gamer

Sorry - are we talking about F1 here? "Unsafe"? I ate while driving today (but still survived, though it was hell). That was unsafe.
    But let me give you another idea of unsafe (=exciting) driving:

If we are discussing the normal behaviour of a driver trying to avoid to be overtaken is "unsafe", then it is not surprising that Formula 1 is assessed to be become less attractive one year at a time. Ever had the idea, that on that high professional level, competing for who the best driver IN THE WORLD is, overtaking is not supposed to be easy? If it was easy, me or you or any Assetto Corsa player could sit in the cockpit. This guy is supposed to defend himself to the bones against overtaking, that is why he got to Formula 1 while the other guys he used to compete with drive Formula whatever or GT3 or Assetto Corsa. Where is competition if the Stewards order a guy to let another guy past? Where is the difference to simple time trial then if you do not have to overcome the difficulty of another professional driver trying to avoid to be overtaken?
    This guy might tell you what it's - or at least should be - all about in Formula 1:

I think it is a great developement that F1 became safer by better materials and so on - but still, for that payment, I except those guys to be gladiators like they were in the golden 80's, "competing to win" and not device administrators whose main task is to keep an eye on fuel consumption and tyre wear.

Oh yeah, give him some penalties, for he learns to act like an responsible driver and removes anything that comes near to excitement. We don't want that excitement to infect other drivers, they might start to compete then, and this is just too dangerous.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  12. Louizf

Louizf Racer

Schumacher a did a similar thing to Mika Hakkinen on 2000, at the same place.

0:30 is the moment I'm talking about.
    2:20 bonus from Mika.:D

13. wm79

wm79 Gamer

Uh, that was dangerous, we need to change the wording in the rule book. He did not even glance over is shoulder to make sure no one is in his dead angle.

14. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

There is always Nascar for excitement. Or wrestling.

Like that sort of "defending" requires any skill. Hey I'm gonna always go to the inside and brake 50m too late, barely make the corner, that idiot on the outside will go off track. I'm such hard racer, Ayrton would be proud.

sacredaardvark likes this.
  15. wm79

wm79 Gamer

Nascar driver are only hard but lack other skills that make good F1 drivers. They don't drive on the edge with unforgiving cars (which F1 cars aren't any more) all the time.

16. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Those push to pass moves though..... what have they done to you F1? What have they done.....

SMOKING__MONKEY3 likes this.
  17. chalminho

chalminho Simracer

@wm79, yes we want drivers to race each other. Yes, we want them to be wheel to wheel. Yes, the F1 today is boring compared to what it used to be. Yes, overtaking is not supposed to be easy.

Close, exciting racing does not mean there's no rule when you defend. The old battles you showed were amazing and dangerous. Yet, they were perfectly clean. No one is blocking the other driver. No one is pushing the other driver too wide (well, maybe Villeneuve goes a bit wide at one point in the 1979 video but I'm nitpicking and such a long clean battle is absolutely amazing).

You can have accidents even while racing clean because this sport is inherently risky and dangerous. This is fine, was expected 30 years ago and is still expected today.

What some of us in this thread are saying is that reckless un-clean driving (wide pushing, last second blocking moves at 300 km/h) are not clean (and were not clean in the 1980s either) because they generate an unnecessary and unacceptable level of danger for the pilots, who should be protected by the stewards from such maneuvers.

That might mean you will prevent a few amazing battles in some cases (which maybe were possible 30 years ago). So be it. I don't want to watch close racing at all costs. This is not the Roman empire. I don't want blood. I'm not watching gladiators. This is just a race and I don't want the drivers to risk death with unnecessary moves just to keep the audience in front of their TVs.

You also have to understand that times change and logically call for less risk (and therefore a stricter assessment of what is considered safe). It was expected that drivers would literally die during F1 seasons decades ago. It was part of the job. The drivers were immensely brave and have to be respected for that. It's not expected anymore now. A sport broadcasted globally in the 21st century simply cannot afford to have those practicing it die regularly when the world is watching live anymore.

Nobody said F1 should be outlawed after Bianchi's death because it was just pure awful luck but if somebody gets severely hurt or dies in a deliberate blocking attempt maneuver at 300 km/h in Kemmel straight next year, I guarantee you there'll be serious political talks to put an end to F1 (or at very least change the rules in such a drastic way that it will make it the most boring thing you've ever watched that no one will call racing anymore).

Schnipp likes this.
  18. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

min 00:40, 01;30, 02:20 all 100% Max's fault IMO and should've deserved a penalty. T1 is debatable, Max a bit overaggressive, Vettel could've given a bit more room but didn't expect a nutter would dive on the inside, maybe next time he will.

Saying afterwards he'd rather drove them Ferrari's off track is a bit too much but sometimes you say silly things in the heat of the moment, been there done that. :oops: Today his response to what Villeneuve said wasn't the brightest either. Villeneuve said that it's waiting for a death if Max doesn't change his driving style and he responded that Villeneuve should look at himself first since he killed someone.

https://www.formule1.nl/nieuws/max-gaat-zijn-rijstijl-niet-aanpassen/

PhilS13 likes this.
  19. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I hope your car is wide within racing ethics boundaries :D This is a question of racing ethics and ridiculous correctness, we don't wan't dirty situations every time there is an overtaking action, but we don't want to loose true racing. Lol even commentators during the race was speaking about that, as we see it is going towards that. What would it be without audience ?

Nor NASCAR, nor wrestling is exciting.

So how was that "defending" ? I'm not saying that it was completely smooth, but it was very strong defending. When he pushed Kimi outside he obviously overshot a little, but he left position for Kimi, or at least haven't passed him. Next, when he blocked Kimi it was a bit rough, but I think it was within rules.

But that situation at T1 was a bit stupid IMO that turn is so unfortunate to be a T1, no 1st lap opportunism should be going on there.

Jos Verstappen is definitely proud anyway.