1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dirt rally

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Psit, Apr 27, 2015.

1. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

WRC7 wasn't bad. Better rally physics than Dirt 4. The FFB didn't sit me with right though, (ironically) especially after they overhauled it

Still bummed about how Dirt 4 rally car handling was never improved. Apparently the tyre model was the culprit, since the RX cars handled fine (and had a separate tyre model from rally cars, for which they got data from Cooper Tyres, where as rally cars didn't use this data but something different). Even the Landrush thingies handled fine, out of all things it had to be the rally cars...

Well hope they ditch the procedural stages at least. Or improve it drastically. There wasn't just enough tiles, not even close. Either needs something other than a tile system, or like 10x more tiles. But if its an official WRC game, I guess it's not gonna be procedural

Belgakinen likes this.
  2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

It became very apparent that CM is not so focused on the "Simulation" aspects of representing Rally Cars (based on some discussions in CM Dirt4 forum). CM had me at DR early access, lost me at Dirt4 release, and now have to really step it up if I'm even going to try the next title. Even if I could accept the massive grip of Dirt4 Rally tires being stuck in deep ruts all the time, the FFB leaves much to be desired, especially evident on Tarmac imo.

I feel like SMS could probably produce more convincing Rally handling than CM at this point but, I guess we'll see in due time.

paul_wev, ShredatorFIN and Belgakinen like this.
  3. plaid

plaid Alien

Hm i Hoped they fix d4 with a Mod (s Sale)
    The singleplayer in Dr is sparse and d4s Looked Decent. Hope they combine the good Parts and get rid of Elder scrolls Track Generator. Wrc Tracks Look Great. Microdetail and unique Spot help.

4. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Esp. after chief designer behind Dirt Rally left the studio
    https://www.pcgamesinsider.biz/job-...er-paul-coleman-speeds-away-from-codemasters/

5. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yeah, the Stage-Generator seemed like it had potential (on paper) but, the repetitive nature of certain sections ruined it. I would be okay having it in addition to primary stages based on RL as an alternate mode.

6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  7. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

DiRT: Rally is by far the best rally game I've ever played. Richard Burns Rally doesn't even come close with it's floaty physics. Too bad there's only like 3-4 fully length stages.

8. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

In vanilla RBR cars behave as if they're too light. They are too nimble and too fast . But with NGP physics patch it gets much better. In fact I wonder if it is the best handling of any sim.
    I haven't tried Dirt rally but from what I've read it's not as good.

miky likes this.
  9. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

If you want to pull out the best from dirt rally, i recommend you this mod:
    It's on racedepartment and it's like 0.9 beta now..
    And for Rbr I recommend you "real rally 2018" is the most realistic mod right now and surclass modded dirt rally a lot(-:

10. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

11. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Look more like an understeer mess where the car refuse to rotate & somehow make up the corner while understeering.

Vanilla feel more authentic in how it interpret the inputs.

12. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

Ahahhaha, well this is your opinion...in this video is show an older version, this is me in the video and maybe is right a little bit understeer in wet gravel?!?!? Try it firstly and then make sentence, this mod is more accurate and realistic then vanilla physics.

13. Right now WRC showing how to implement eSports into main event. Very nicely done!

(Part of the ALLIVE-stream.)

14. chakko

chakko Alien

Sometimes i really wonder what people have been smoking with comments like these. :D RBR is the only realistic rally sim out there.

15. nikkk78

nikkk78 Hardcore Simmer

For all rally lovers.. look RaceDepartment

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

miky and Alistair McKinley like this.
  16. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

Thanks guys of Rallylegends! Your mods are fantastic, i hope for a Wrc Plus car in the near future, these new cars are the fastest rally cars ever made(-:

17. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Picked up the beta while ago, very good mod.

18. plaid

plaid Alien

Are there recommendations regarding physics mods and settings for the ffb , best specific for each wheel?
    Need to reinstall.
    Would be really neat if the tarmac would be come enjoyable, too.
    But i guess RFPE makes it necessary to switch files for surfaces and the career doesnt work, right?

19. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Dirt Rally 1 is free in HumbleBundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/dirt-rally

If you get it within the limited time period (2 days 2 hours when writing this), you can keep it. Everyone who likes rally probably has it, but anyway... maybe someone doesn't. Still one of the better VR titles.

paul_wev, romandevision and Ischemica like this.
  20. André57

André57 Racer

Thanks for the head-up, I got my code but the server seems to be not available for the moment. I will keep trying, i have nothing to loose. Thanks again.

(Edit) It appears that I was not log in although it shows that I was. Just log out and in again. Then everything goes fine. download is on it's way.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    paul_wev likes this.