1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dirty Tire-Bug ? (McLaren C12 GT3 @ Silverstone GP - Special -Event)

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by SandwichToaster90, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Not sure about this one, but i think it's a bug.
    I tried the Special-Event with the 12c GT3 @ Silverstone. I drove a lot and got it down to a 2:02,8 (still no gold though).
    What annoyed me a lot during that session was that when i hit the grass for a short amount of time, the car started to oversteer extremely (!) from that moment on. First i thought this was because of the simulated "dirty tires" and i rated it as a nice feature.
    So after i hit the grass for a short time I drive slowly around the track to get 'clean tires' again and to be able to push again. But what i regocnized was that even after 5 laps the tires weren't getting clean again. The only possibility to get a nice balanced car again was to reset the car to the box and drive out again. Tried it several times. Each time when i hit the grass i got oversteer in the next corner and it didn't went back to 'clean tires' and no oversteer even after many laps.

So i guess there is something from with the simulation of the tires.
    When they get dirty, they don't get clean again by driving on and staying on the track.

Would be nice if somebody could check if he experiences the same.

Tire-Wear was 'off' at my session.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Please insert a report function for dirty drivers Jul 18, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No dirty screen/screen reflection effect when overcast? Mar 14, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Dirty racers/wreckers Apr 12, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Dirty Window ugliness Mar 5, 2019
    General modding discussion My Dirty Windscreen Mod Jul 2, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Is dirty air a thing? Because if it isn't, the placebo value is over 9000! Jul 18, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Bug dirty car ruf rt12r Oct 26, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Dirty air Jul 29, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Grip on dirty tarmac Dec 14, 2014
    3D car models Dirtydriver's logo replicas - update 23.07.2015 : over 100 new logos Mar 24, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Mp4-12C GT3 Doesnt get dirty Mar 17, 2014
    Chit Chat Room What Do You Think About Dirty Driver and How To Deal With That? Mar 17, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues 458 doesn't get dirty Jan 21, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Dirty Dynamic is ready ? Dec 26, 2013
    Liveries Dirtydriver's carroom (62x) new: nissan gt-r gt3 - gainer tanax #10 Dec 7, 2013

3. I have to push this thread again.

Noticed this issue with several cars now.
    Am i really the only one experiencing this?

4. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

By driving slow to clean you tyres, you are making the temperatures drop very low. This is why you have no grip. When the tyres get dirty they only need a couple of corners to clean up, then push hard again as soon as you can or else you will end up with cold tyres.

To see what it's like to drive on cold tyres just drive out of the pits and stop the car for 3-4 minutes on track then drive, it should feel the same as what you experienced.

SandwichToaster90 likes this.
  5. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

I have experienced that same thing, although my thoughts are that it is something to do with the temperature put into the tyres when spinning as I have had it happen on a Tarmac run off.

After a big spin the car has no lateral grip, as soon as a cornering is attempted the car will spin again, and again and again and again...They only way to get any grip is to change the tyres. It is pointless to try and bring the set on the car back in again.

If this is a bug or a feature I do not know, without being able to monitor pressures and temperatures it's hard to say!

6. Exact what i experienced. Grass or spin and the grip is gone. No chance afterwards to get the tires work in a normal manner again.
    Driving as fast as before -> you will spin again.
    Driving a bit slower -> you will spin again.
    Driving much slower (like 10 seconds a lap slower) -> you will not spin, but the tires still won't get in normal shape again, even after many laps.

7. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

If you use soft tyres they will last only 1-2 laps on a track like Silverstone. Performance drop is radical. Big spin on high speed and those tyres are gone.

If you drive tyre wear off you will have to use medium compound. Soft compound grip starts with 90% and you need to "break the surface" with one lap to reach for 100% grip. Tyre wear off they stay at 90% forever and obviously it's worse than what medium offers at 100%.