1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What Do You Think About Dirty Driver and How To Deal With That?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by baliwa, Mar 17, 2014.

1. baliwa

baliwa Hardcore Simmer

first : okay, AC is a my first original game i bought. before I bought AC, I just play offline or offline competition with my friend. I never play racing online before (what do you expected from pirate :v and yes I don't have too much money to buy the original one=x=)

topic : After look some video about dirty racer in online I wondering why they're do something like that? That's because lag or their nature? how to deal with dirty drive like that and what the difference Aggresive Driver with Dirty Driver? because I think they're different.

some related video :

ps : please don't make a some "fanboy" wars like "because player in **** is noob" ;)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Please insert a report function for dirty drivers Jul 18, 2023
    3D car models Dirtydriver's logo replicas - update 23.07.2015 : over 100 new logos Mar 24, 2014
    Liveries Dirtydriver's carroom (62x) new: nissan gt-r gt3 - gainer tanax #10 Dec 7, 2013
    Screens & Videos Dirtydrivers wallpaper - new: ac mod-community v.0.1 Dec 4, 2013
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No dirty screen/screen reflection effect when overcast? Mar 14, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Dirty racers/wreckers Apr 12, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Dirty Window ugliness Mar 5, 2019
    General modding discussion My Dirty Windscreen Mod Jul 2, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Dirty Tire-Bug ? (McLaren C12 GT3 @ Silverstone GP - Special -Event) Aug 30, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Is dirty air a thing? Because if it isn't, the placebo value is over 9000! Jul 18, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Bug dirty car ruf rt12r Oct 26, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Dirty air Jul 29, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Grip on dirty tarmac Dec 14, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Mp4-12C GT3 Doesnt get dirty Mar 17, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues 458 doesn't get dirty Jan 21, 2014

3. Raymond

Raymond Racer

NetKar Pro is like $5.... I think you can afford it. Though there are not many people playing on it, a few friends try to play on Thursday nights.

4. KitrinosKat

KitrinosKat Hardcore Simmer

I wish NetKar Pro was on steam too. It would be a lot easier for me to buy it.
    But anyway, I can only see two reasons for them to do that. They just wanna see the world burn or just want to win at all costs. That is surely very different of an agressive driver. An agressive driver will try to force you to make a mistake by your own or try to force an overtake on you. Wrecking others on purpose is ilegal manuever and nothing to do with driving techniques (with some exceptions).
    Anyway I expect to see a lot more clean races and sportsmanship on AC. I'm not an experienced driver myself and I think we don't need to be experts to have fun, but we don't need to ruin other's fun too.

Enzo Martin likes this.
  5. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

I say mostly it's because the drivers are bad.

Driving in a group at high speeds through tight corners under hard braking with drivers on all sides of you is really super hard. It's something that honestly can not be underestimated. I've been trying really hard to prepare myself for MP with the AI, and even after weeks of practise I still fail a lot. Messing up the braking zones, stupid overtakings, bumping from behind.... I do so many things, not because I'd enjoy it but because it's insanely hard not to.

I don't think there is a single person who would enjoy crashing more than racing. I do, however think, that -many- will try racing at first, fail, go to the last place and start trolling. Because for some most crashing can be more fun than driving half a lap behind the pack. They will drive without proper practice or skills, underestimating the difficulty of actual racing, fail for a time, and than maybe even just quit altogether.

One way for *you* to avoid that is to enter only races with qualifying. That way you can be placed together with skilled people. So even if the beginners clash you at least get to start with people of equal skill. Although, hot lap speed =/= race skills...

Digital Aura, Mogster and Enzo Martin like this.
  6. xSYOx

xSYOx Hardcore Simmer

I've put some races into GT6 and everytime I try my best to race as clean as possible, like someone said before sometimes little bumps or touches happens but not too hard in my case, and sometimes I just let the thorttle off cause don't know what the guy ahead me will be doing so I just keep a "safe zone" to not make we both in trouble. IMO clean races need to comes first from "u'all", since you think like this "I'm not here to bump/crash (crazy moves or stupid overtakes) anyone nor "race to win at all cost" I'm here to have fun and race, if i'm fast I'll pass everyone."

when I spent time on MP, I ever think in that way.

7. phil

phil Alien

The best to stop with this type of "racers" will be to have a SAFETY RACE option in game ................People will learn a lot ;)

8. Mogster

Mogster Alien

That's pretty much what I expect from online racing unfortunately. Unless it's iRacing above rookie level.

With ACs physics it'll be even worse, damage will make things even more exciting....You think everyone's going to practice for 100 hours or more before going online? People will just select the T125, a track they've never seen and go for it, with predictable results.

9. TCLF

TCLF Alien

I would say: every lap/turn/overtake you complete gives you safety points. every off track/contact loses you points (depending on how much speed difference the contact is). This is how cargamd eos it in LFS. I must say that is the best I have seen to this date

10. plaid

plaid Alien

Its still a videogame. Videogames are mostly played by younger folks and a wide range of people that dont spent their whole free time with games or one game, so they get practice, me included (without them their would be far less purchases, mind you and they paid like everyone else).

So its basicly the same with Battlefield or Arma so you can play the game the right way: You need friends or a community, where only people are tolerated, who drive fair and on a fitting skill-level, at least as long you dont get a system like in IRacing.
    So you play with folks, that care about the other players and dont just for themeselves.

Second its good to train to react properly to bumps etc.. Often they dont happen on purpose and even good and fair players.

Horus likes this.
  11. baliwa

baliwa Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the opinion mate :D

Ah.. still saving money for DLC and Headset =x=

after read your explanation about Aggresive Driver, I think more look a like they're =x=

Yes me too, I expect lot a clean races, sportmanship,and tight races on AC :D

Thanks for the advice, Iquite bad in hotlapping :p and if I in not my pace I can quite aggressive :p
    Yes sometimes really fun crashing than racing itself, but to be honest I think we can't allow troller do as they want like your say can't give they're chance to make he make a some crash (except he's crashing himself or he's on Destruction Derby :p )

I agree with what you think, "just let throttle off cause don't know what the guy ahead we doing next" even if it make our lap time is little bit slower at least we're both save.
    SAFETY RACE? like a penalty system? or automatic get kick if we doing too much illegal thing?

Yes I know, with AC physics we can expect Formula Derby or GT Derby if they're just randomly pick car without know they limit.
    no they're won't, even me just try to mastering the GT class + some Road car
    I think at least even we randomly pick the car at least we know where the limit, that's will be save us (at least make more minimum chance) to crashing one and each other.

12. Horus

Horus Alien

Pirate AC, doing that to any game/simulator is just wrong. If you really want to find out how good or bad a program is then get the demo. To earn enough money get a job, clean some cars, do some gardening, window cleaning or take peoples dogs for walks, it will take no time to save the cash. KitrinosKat, NetKar it is going to be developed in Steam if people vote it through on the greenlight Here. :)

As for dirty racing I think it has been said by all here, the problem is the grey areas. You know when you have a dirty racer over a new comer, wreckers are the lowest of the low and I hope that we have the admin controls easily at hand for those that will be running dedicated servers. :)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
    KitrinosKat likes this.
  13. Simon Roberts

Simon Roberts Simracer

Race in a organised league, its the only sure way to have a great online race and its a heck of a lot of fun.

14. Chris 576

Chris 576 Hardcore Simmer

Race 07 is brilliant for 'tapping' off and door to door leaning.
    As long as you know who you are against and what they will do in response all is OK, just like in the real thing.
    It also add's lots to the game with decent physics and recovery.

15. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

That depends on the game aswell. I for one don't understand that, it's like you have to learn the track all over again to know where you can cut corners lol. I once had a race in LFS with some of the GP cars 5 laps fighting for 5th and 6th wheel to wheel, bumping slightly into eachother, correcting eachother not to slide away lol. Best race I ever had.

On grid we do a thing we called "YOLO Series" Which is 9 drivers driving Derby car and 3 Wreckers that drive anything they want, it is fun! :D But you know we agree on it before we do it and it is friends collected into one lobby.

16. OffAgain

OffAgain Simracer

Yep. It's a case of join a private league and hope they're sufficient in numbers and close enough in ability to offer an actual race (and also not a shower of idiots), or get out of Rookie on iRacing. Leaving multiplayer entirely to the community means pick-up racing in AC will consist of two months worth of bumper cars followed by tumbleweed.

17. Horus

Horus Alien

Offagain, you off again! I can assure you there are places to race that will not be like that. Yes you will always get the odd tap/accidents in races, it's part of racing look at the start of the F1 race in Australia to see that even some the best racers in the world have big wrecks. As for the tumbleweed, I very much doubt that if the netcode is as good as AC is as a sim. :)

18. OffAgain

OffAgain Simracer

I was talking about pick-up racing. Unless Kunos do something pretty daft, I agree entirely that we'll see a decent enough league-and-private scene using it, especially once a few more tracks show up.

The tumbleweed point relates explicitly to pick-up. As in, "click multi-player, find race, race". When multiplayer shows up there'll be a ton of open sessions on there, full of players. We'll have people hosting newbie-specific stuff, open events will be plastered all over these forums, and getting a race of some sort will be easy.

Move it on a couple of months and the AC-specific leagues will start to crystalise, some existing setups will be running it along with their current content, groups of mates will be heading off to their private servers, and the patience required by the altruistic newbie-session types will be running low. Couple that with the appearance of the early mods and the number of populated, instantly usable "click multi-player, find race, race" servers will drop off considerably.

I'm certainly not saying that multi-player will die off. I'm merely expressing an opinion that the issue of persistent wreckers is something of a moot point because a substantial number of drivers will handle the problem in the traditional way, which is to move rapidly away from providing and using readily accessible servers and deal with the real problem elements by banning them.

19. Horus

Horus Alien

This will be answered in the future, let's hope that it is not the case and that the beauty and skills needed to race these cars really does take commitment and time. Then again I am sure there will be guys that jump on just for a few laps now and again for a relaxing treat, people that race hard and fair when life allows and then there will be the guys that never sleep, race everyday all day and really suck, but they will love the immersion and commitment by Team Kunos to make the best simulator available.

Don't worry yet though OA, I'm sure we will find a good race somewhere somehow. :D

20. winet

winet Gamer

Class A Road iRacer and have been crashed out by idiots plenty of times. It is a misconception that iRacing is full of safe drivers. Most think if they can get to your back bumper it's OK to do a Dale Sr move on you.

21. Horus

Horus Alien

It's called iRacing for a reason. i be Racing get out of my way! :D

Bailey likes this.