1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discuss rFactor2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Sep 16, 2016.

1. I had MMOS DoR set at 540. Physical and virtual wheel movements were 1:1 but the steering response felt kind of laggy. Felt like you have to force the car to do something. Like I was driving some old sluggish family saloon which still has tremendous cornering ability.

I think I just need to get used to it. Driven too much rF2 karts & Assetto Corsa lately.

2. liakjim

liakjim Alien

All recent cars from s397 have this somewhat sluggish feeling, like the tyres are with really low pressure.
    If you try the older cars from ISI , like the Nissan GT1 , you will feel this direct feeling that you would expect from slicks tyres. Same goes with the magnificent BMW Z4 GT3 mod car from endurance mod series.
    Personally I prefer this direct feeling more.
    BUT
    The FFB from tyres and suspension when under the limit and when over in front axle, is IMO the best I have experienced with my G27.
    Rear axle, not so much over the limit. I still feel the wheel giving almost zero feedback when rear axle slips. In this area the AC is the best, again IMO.

If I had to choose the best components that will be : front feeling from old ISI tyres (Nissan GT1 being the best example), suspension ffb from recent S397 cars and rear axle only when slipping from AC .

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

3. marmagas

marmagas Gamer

something is wrong here....

4. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Please correct me. You know which BMW I am referring too . Not at my pc at the moment.

5. Oreca seems to be much better/more fun than the Porsche.

6. liakjim

liakjim Alien

The Norma M30 LMP3 is even better IMO. This and the RSR are my favorite cars of the package.

PS I meant the BMW Z4 GT3 from apex above.

7. Looks like only Oreca is somehow decent fun. Other cars are just so boring with those bubblegum tyres that it's hard to find much enjoinment driving those. If you manage to spin some of these cars I suggest not to ever go into real track with your car because you most likely will die. Every car seems so forgiving that you can drift full-throttle over crests without spinning (yes, I know these cars have TC). Gives me pCars 1 vibes. The forgiveness after optimum slipangle is unreal. And you can abuse it corner after corner after corner. Just a small straight and your tyres are back into 50-60 Celsius.

Edit: Please note that I'm not saying it can't be realistic. Just absolutely zero challenge controlling those cars and therefore not much fun factor.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  8. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I recently was reminded of the difference tires can make in handling of vehicles. We use a pickup-truck to pull our RV for camping trips and I had just purchased new tires for the truck. The compound on these new tires is so soft and sticky that it makes the truck very hard to handle when towing a heavy load; the steering is mushy and lethargic and the entire vehicle feels as though it pivots on center with just a light crosswind. That first trip with those tires was the most "white-knuckled" fair-weather trip I've ever driven in my life.

I promptly replaced them with a different brand and found stability again but, what an amazing difference the compound makes. The heat-build and pressure increases that resulted were also very extreme despite the E-rated nature of the tire design. If race-cars can experience that kind of transformative handling though rubber compound alone, it's very enlightening to experience something similar.

9. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I know exactly what you mean.
    This is actually a really old issue regarding tyres in rf2. There was almost none existence tank slapper risk when over driving. The game would punish you by driving in that way, since in a race distance, the tyres would be really worn.
    Something like this

but , there was an update in tyres that really made this issue less pronounced https://www.studio-397.com/2017/12/6512/

As a result you get this

It's not a deal breaker currently. I would like to be even more direct and punishing .

Interestingly this thing was not of an issue in the past.
    Please do try the Nissan GT1 or the BMW Z4 GT3 car frrom apex GT3 mod and tell me if you can see any difference.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  10. I'll try the older content too. Thanks for the tip.

I know that's a long-time-feature in rF2. Maybe couple of years ago I was trying to spun with the road going Corvette and it felt literally impossible if you still had some steering lock left. It seems that things like pendulum effect is almost non-existant. If my road cars ever had been so "good" it would've saved me quite a lot of unwanted oversteer moments and spuns when practising scandinavian flicks.. :p

liakjim likes this.
  11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Anybody else noticed a huge performance difference between the GTE Porsche and the LMP3 ? The RSR runs at avg 110 fps on my system, the LMP3 barely get up to 70.

And why does the LMP3 show tc on the wheel?

Why isn’t tc setting changes shown on the wheel? Can’t see it even in an overlay. How am I supposed to know which setting I’m on? It’s a rather useless feature to be able to map tc/abs to your wheel button that way.

Maiomai S397....

The frustration is that great, I still haven’t tried all cars...

And the driving experience is described spot on by @Nahkamarakatti

12. liakjim

liakjim Alien

There is a new mapping menu for TC/ABS. It's described thoroughly in rf2 roadmap.

Although there are some flaws in the driving experience (as there are in all sims), the whole result is so great that someone simply can't ignore this sim.

Try to enter the vec server, where you can see up to 60 users on line without any performance issue, where you can choose any car without any limitation regarding car type or try to make an offline session, with multiple cars from the endurance package, choose the lmp3 car, choose different weather conditions, like rain, choose dawn hours and be amazed by the different condition of the track regarding lighting, grip, water on track where you can see the track getting wet and building sprays or getting dry, having the AI being so great and at the same time experiencing superb feedback and natural feeling, watching the rules applied with safety car deployed in case of an accident and in the end you can only admire the programmers ability to add all these features on a consumer software that costs a fraction of money compared to your hardware.

Rf2 is magnificent. It's has many flaws but it's magnificent. We need only more free time.

emha76 likes this.
  13. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Why do you replay if you don’t have anything to say about the topic?
    No need to praise rF2 instead...
    :rolleyes:o_O

14. liakjim

liakjim Alien

?

15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Read my post gain pls...

16. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Don't think so...

17. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

As I thought, fanboy.
    No interest in a constructive discussion, just ignoring righteous inputs.
    Well done.

18. liakjim

liakjim Alien

You are simply boring.

nate and Seven Smiles like this.
  19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Which solely reflects on you.
    Or maybe you just can’t understand English properly...

20. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I have to admit that the "replay" confused me for a (nano)second.

Well, you can consider yourself answered now....