1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discuss rFactor2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Sep 16, 2016.

1. APC900

APC900 Simracer

I have yet to purchase any DLC for RF2.
    I wish S397 the best though.

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  2. liakjim

liakjim Alien

You are too much of a AC's fanboy to be objective.

GRFOCO likes this.
  3. I don't think anyone could disagree with his statement though. It is the 2nd least used software on the market. Would be ridiculously arrogant to call it best software. The market is clearly exponentially bigger than its user base.

nate likes this.
  4. liakjim

liakjim Alien

We have a lot of examples that not always the best solution will win the market ( mp3 comes to my mind ) .
    But it's ok, not time for my software is best than yours.

Still, i insist that who ever has a FFB wheel, has to have this software (also) installed.

5. I wonder who is the "fanboy" now.. :p

LChaves, nate, mms and 1 other person like this.
  6. Skybird

Skybird Alien

You "insist"? I had four different demo builds of it installed over the years, and threw them out again, all of them, that superior and high quality and convincing the driving feeling felt to me. Will not waste time trying a fifth build.

Now humbly awaiting my sanctionising.

7. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

every time there's a "my sim vs your sim" argument...

[​IMG]

Sleeper Service and Seven Smiles like this.
  8. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

Being my pedantic self - rF2 has more users recently than Raceroom or Automobilista. And if you add in superseded titles still played the list would be longer.

There really is no such thing as "best" software when it comes to racing sims. Everyone has different requirements and although modern sims do overlap far more than back in the day of GP4, NR2003 and GTR, none of them is clearly superior in all areas. There is "best for me" software - which software best meets my requirements - i.e. "my favourite" software, and there is "most popular" software - which software do most people use.

If people used "my favourite" and/or "most popular" rather than "best" then I think forums would be more peaceful places.

9. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Insist all you want, but there are several reasons that almost nobody plays rFactor 2 anymore - the few positives don't outweigh the many negatives and the troubled history the game went through. I could give you my personal top 7 reasons why rF2 is not my sim of choice (number 3 will shock you!) :)

10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Now I’m curious...;)

Gevatter likes this.
  11. Just remember, most likely he knows better than you so be careful.. :D

nate likes this.
  12. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I downloaded the new pack last night but, have yet to have the time to test them. I have liked much of the other content so don't feel it's very risky to buy this. Being that rF2 remains in my top-3 sim-racing titles makes it worth supporting despite it's current lack of refinement. The overall immersion I get from playing it captures my inner-racer in some different ways than AC does but, understand that others may have very different requirements and priorities. Generally, I continue to support the genre in hope of further growth and evolution; that can only happen through increased demand and financial support.

esox71, emha76 and Alistair McKinley like this.
  13. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate your opinion!
    Having driven the low drag version of the RSR, I’m forced to redo my judgement.
    It’s much more alive, more visceral and challenging. BUT it feels better in AC nonetheless to me... maybe it’s because in AC I can SEE the front tyres locking up by the indicators... Maybe it was just a bad day yesterday...
    Apologies to all I might have offended. :oops:

14. chakko

chakko Alien

rF 2 feels good, but... not perfect. The FFB lacks a bit, as do the tire physics. I'll stick with what i said elsewhere, there is no sim which really gets it 100% right IMO. rF 2 is somewhat of a hit and miss. Some cars feel great, others feel very weird. Some cars are even utterly wrong, AFAIK, e.g. the devs corrected the data for a car, can't really remember which one it was, but, there was something significantly wrong.

I also understand the other objections, regarding the GUI, and that the whole game feels unfinished. Can only agree with that.

15. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Isn't choice a great thing? In the end, we only must not missionize others to like what we like - if we do that, we indicate that we demand to have control and command over them. Each player can chose and play what he likes best. Why he likes what he likes, is of his own interest only.

Live and let live. Be tolerant. Costs nothing.

Friendly telling others about one's hobbies and likings, and informing on changes there, is okay. It just should not come in the clothing of an emperor demanding submission.

Gevatter likes this.
  16. chakko

chakko Alien

Hehe, i agree with that. The internet is a nice place to exchange opinions and experiences, but... also a great place to agitate, and influence or patronize others. :) "Live and let live", yeah, pretty much that. Never got why you have to bash on each other, just because the opinions differ. AC is still the better sim though (for me). :p

17. Flaux

Flaux Rookie

Longtime rf1 and rf2 fan here. The new DLC is lovely in my view.

The UI and its usability sure is a problem. As we have learned within the last roadmaps, S397 is really taking their time to bring a new UI that will hopefully lift the hole game. Specially the multiplayer/online-gaming/competition-structure part will get a big bump and therfore hopefully lift online player counts aswell. One can only hope.

It was my go-to sim for years but in the last 2 years I found myself in the AC lobby way more often. Right now, AC is just the better pickup/public online racing game in comparison.

18. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

The new pack is pretty much as I expected based on my experience with the GT3 cars in rF2 (handling wise). I like the FFB (using the AccuForce profile as a base for the OSW) although, I haven't tweaked the setups yet to get the most out the cars, my initial impressions of the pack are good so I look forward to spending more time with them. LS Sebring should make for an excellent track to find their true potential when it arrives.

The sounds are better on average although, the Corvette sounds could use some improvement imo. I still think the rF2 audio engine needs some upgrades to reach it's full potential so I hope S397 adds some enhancements to improve the overall audio dynamics; even something like what Reiza did to improve AMS would go a long way to refining the audio experience. AC has some of the best replay audio in the business imo, especially with some of the mods.

19. Bought the pack and tried the Porsche. At first it took 10 minutes to find out it wasn't my steering linearity or deadzone that makes the steering response weird but I believe that it is "as designed" to feel like that. Not my cup of tea or at least needs some adaptation. And the sounds are also missing a lot of grunt.

I think I have to give those cars another shot later but my first impression was not really that good.

20. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

If your wheel rotation isn't setup correctly, it's going to feel weird and the FFB can be compressed or extended. The auto steering-lock feature doesn't currently work with the OSW so one has to adjust your OSW parameters per car, find a happy average that you can live with or adjust the steering-lock per car. I generally use 540 but, some cars need more or less and it affects the FFB noticeably when it's too far off.

Overall, the FFB in rF2 feels really good to me; it gives very distinct feedback in regard to surface grip on varied materials (tarmac / pavement / asphalt). For those with DD-wheels, load the AccuForce preset and assign your axis and buttons; the curbs and off-track bumps will be more normalized compared to a custom or mainstream wheel profile. The new cars FFB feel very nice although, the PT-class cars can be pretty harsh and may need more filtering / smoothing.

There's just something about rF2 - despite it's lack of refinement in certain areas, that just strikes a chord with me. It reminds me of the times I have been in RL race-prepped cars better than other titles in regard to grip-loss and regaining traction. I think it makes the GT3 / GTE class cars more interesting to drive than in other titles. I wouldn't mind if ACC has a bit more of that. :)

One can also push the tires harder than you think and the sense of "understeer" takes some getting used to. Give it some time to acclimate to and you might find yourself coming to "grips" with the handling in rF2.