1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Do Super-Cars Really Understeer This Much?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Guybrush Threepwood, Nov 21, 2013.

1. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

I managed a 1'54.1 last night nut by then i was struggling to put two corners together.. Will try again tonight. Im happy that im going to get into the 1'53's tonight.

Kristaps likes this.
  2. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

i did it... im back in the 1'53.9 bit.. but i notice that i could probably go about .3 of a second faster if i perfected all of the turns. but im happy for now. :)

mclarenf1papa likes this.
  3. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

The laptimes are definately a few tenths to half a sec slower now.

For example in OTM I had a 42.5 pb with 599XX at Mugello. Now Mr. Huttu has done the same time and I'm at a 42.8.

4. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

in the 458 id argue the new model was faster, i was able to cut part of the last chicane at imola before they patched it all and i only just managed a 1'53.9. now i got a 1'53.9 without cutting it and i could still knock .3 off my pb...

also, im just going back through the pro ranks and each combo i try im usually .5 quicker staright away without any setup tweaking.. where as before i was really trying..

5. cooken

cooken Gamer

Would you mind posting your setup? I have been tinkering trying to find a good balance between temps, turn-in and accel/braking but I usually end up feeling a bit too unstable under heavy brakes before reaching optimal cornering grip.

6. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Sure but you will have to wait until i get in from work.

7. BenniS

BenniS Racer

Don't say such things, ChrisR, i was trying so damn hard to reach you in the Pro Ranks :(. Now that the gap has become more than 1.5 secs again, i have to practice even harder ;). I would also love to see your 458 Setup in Imola. I've done over 400 Laps now, but i am not able to beat my 1.55.2. Don't know where is lose my time, but i think its the Tosa corner. I have absolutely no idea how to get this corner right.

8. I wish there was a pro rank using default sets.....I would still be slower than ya'll but it would at least be closer; the most tweaking I do to any set is drop fuel to 12 liters and drop air pressure by two pounds....

Okay, default sets only using street cars only, maybe then I will have a chance!! (I do hate ya'll but it's not personal, it's only because you are fast!!!!!!:mad:)

9. BenniS

BenniS Racer

Pro Ranks with default setups would be nice. When it comes to setup tweaking, i am an expert like you Michael (fuel drop and maybe tire pressure :D). My problem is that i cannot 'read' the cars behaviour good enough to make any setup decisions. There is also a lack of consistency in my lap times, since i am absolutely new to sim racing. This makes setup testing even harder (and maybe useless until i am able to nail down 5 laps in a row with less than 1sec difference).

10. You might not be consistent but a pro rank or 22 says that you have no problem throwing down a fast lap....I have been playing with the MP-12 at little Silverstone (International) for the last couple days and using default set with NO changes I am within a second of the leader....I have no idea what I would even want the car to do better even if I did know about setups. Most of my laps are all within half a second or so of each other but I am no faster tweaking on the setup than I am using default.

Can't wait for MP though because all the speed in the world doesn't really matter when you're backwards in the grass.

11. BenniS

BenniS Racer

That's the point! ;)

I am also looking forward to MP, never did an online race before (*scared*).

12. We are getting off topic a little, but really, NEVER? Not Forza or GT or anything or just not PC MP?

13. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

P
    Upload your fastest lap and ill try help you out.. Also have a look at this i made on the old tyre model.. It all still applies but dont cut the last chicane as much.

Also for the 458 at imola drop your fuel to 4L with that you get 1 outlap and 1 flying lap.

14. BenniS

BenniS Racer

Sry for off topic. No, never. Never even played any other racing game in SP, lol.

Thanks for the vid. I saw it once before and it was very helpful for me (improved lap time about 1 sec.). I'm struggeling very much to unsettle the car as you do it in a few corners (espacially Tosa). When i try, it just pushes me out of the corner over the front wheels (woohoo, back to topic again). I didn't save the replay of my fastest lap, but i'll try to reproduce it now and upload it later.

15. BenniS

BenniS Racer

16. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

here is my 1'53.9.. you can see its such a scruffy lap in reality, easily knock some more time off there..

Bennis, i watched your replay and it looks like all you have to do is use more of the track to carry more speed and just alter some turn in points.. take notes from my vid.

my setup is as follows.

Attached Files:

liakjim, BenniS and Coolio like this.
  17. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

external vid

18. BenniS

BenniS Racer

Thank you very much. I'll give it a try with your setup tomorrow :).

19. liakjim

liakjim Alien

@ChrisR Wow , that's a really asymmetric setup.

20. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

If it works :)