1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Do Super-Cars Really Understeer This Much?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Guybrush Threepwood, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Nicely done ChrisR, you have joined in that alien '1:53' club
    I will upload my onboard, if I ever have patience, skill, determination:D to join in that exclusive club:oops:
    I think you can still improve 1 sector (you can cut sooner @ T5 Villeneuve and drive there with 4' gear and then select 3' gear before T6) and @ 3 sector (just before turn 13, you lifted a bit, you can go flat there imho)
    [​IMG]

2. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

i found if i kept flat it effected the stability for turn 14 as its imperative that you get that corner entry as stable as possible.

3. Coolio

Coolio Gamer

Nice, ChrisR!

I've tried your set-up for a few sessions, but I've got to be honest. I think kristaps' set-up feels more neutral and controllable. While I'm averaging about the same times (mid-high 1,56s), I can stay very consistent and comfortable on Kristaps' version while on yours I'm fecking off the track every other lap or so due to instability.
    Is it me and my driving style or is it inherently unstable on those settings? Can you push low 1,54s consistently on these settings or do you need to get lucky with a full lap?

4. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

with my set i can sit and do low 54's lap after lap after lap..

Coolio likes this.
  5. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

I noticed that you don't press the brakes fully and that you let them off very smoothly. I think that this is the key for a fast lap with the 458.

Kristaps likes this.
  6. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

yea, controlling the weight transfers are key in any car tbh, also you will notice that once i start applying the throttle i dont take it off again..

in one of jackie stewarts many lessons he explains that once you apply the throttle you should never have to take it off again until you start to brake... unless doing it on purpose to unsettle the car. if you do have to lift the accel it means you have applied power too early so next time apply it a fraction later.. basically just keep applying it earlier and earlier until you find your having to lift then you know how soon you can apply the throttle with maximum effectiveness..

7. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

watch the jackie stewart feature on here.

8. cooken

cooken Gamer

Akis - I find that even with ABS you have to be careful just slamming on the brakes, a progressive squeeze lets the weight shift onto the front before hitting max brake pressure. I rarely ever go full either it seems, but I try to judge by tyre squeal. If you turn up the tyre volume in the mix you can hear the change from scrubbing at threshold and when they start slipping.

Finally got a chance to try ChrisR's setup (thank you!). Not sure if it was that or the hour spent watching Jackie Stewart on youtube but I seem to have found some much better pace. I certainly didn't find the setup unstable though, the only thing I did was dial add some toe-in front and rear and managed to do a few 54's. I definitely can go into 53's given the amount of sideways mess in the lap below.

Also I agree with Kristaps, T14 can be taken flat, the turn-in is just deceptively early. I didn't do it so well in this video, but usually turning in at the 250 board you can carry full throttle just past the kink into the braking zone without upsetting the car.

Kristaps and Akis Kev like this.
  9. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Just watched your vid.. You just need to tidy up your corner exits a little and you will be straight into the 1'53's..

Ok so;

Turn 4, you need to be flat here, dont lift.

Turn 7, as soon as you hit that 50m board aim for the apex almost like your turning in too soon, then be smooth on the exit avoiding that kerb.

Turn 7.5, keep right, dont go left to go back across your just adding distance.

Turn 8, no need for 3rd, stay in 4th and let the cars torqur pull you down the hill.

Turn 14, taken in 3rd brake slightly early if you have to and cut as much on the inside of the corner as you can..

Turn 15, if you nail 14 your setup just to turn in and power out.

Generally i notice you hold the gears for longer than i do.. As soon as the number flashes red i change up, im unsure atm which is best.

10. cooken

cooken Gamer

Yes I think quite a bit of tidying is in order. T14 I had a bit of a lockup which prevented turn in, I usually do cut there quite a bit, run wide onto the kerb and get a nice entry to T15. That and T8 were big time losses.

I am not sure either on gear changes, maybe I can pull the torque curve out and do some calculations, but there's probably not much difference.

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

If your right up on the wall i think wringing each gear out to the max can give you a mph or 2 more speed before shifting up, it seems to me it makes a hair dif vs the shift on red, easy enough to try it different ways on the straights. i seem to go more green tho when i wringing out my shifts vs shift normal more or less.

12. Aurelius

Aurelius Gamer

It definitely feels to me, as a player who usually uses ABS on that the 458 must really back off the ABS when in Race mode or something because hammering the brakes like you usually can in a ABS road car really hurts you in the 458. Even with ABS on slow and progressive application of the brakes is a hell of a lot better.