1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Eurogamer's honest review

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by ..LeRenard!, Jun 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ..LeRenard!

..LeRenard! Racer

Here's a review by EuroGamer: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-06-17-assetto-corsa-competizione-review

It highlights the awesome good parts, but also the painful bad parts and I feel this is a balanced and well written review. I'm not the only one saying this, David Perel mentioned it too in a recent livestream (how he feels about certain bugs, and how first lap tyrewarming & brake warming is not like it should be).

Dare I say it, I don't think it's a shame to have stayed in early access for longer, because frankly, now there's so much pressure on the team from people who bought it at full price AND reviewers.

I still regard this game as one to watch, but currently almost unplayable due to certain weird bugs that ruin the experience. Of course, I try to post about them and attach my logs.

So before I get all the hate, let's just say that the increased amount of bugs getting reported. The lack of communication (and also communication where the logs are located, and the confusion of at the top of the forum and bottom there's different paths because one is for AC, the other ACC). The bètas that create more bugs for some, etc.. this will take a while to fix. And in that sense you can't blame it on the users who bought it to complain about those, I feel, no?

In essence I'm asking this politely again
    KUNOS I like your games but please do a better job of
    1. communication
    2. bèta management
    3. forum cleaning/explaining

I know you're a small team, but all of the above is frustrating for everyone and a little help from someone who manages the forum would be good for the team.

Rolz, Rioku, Stepy and 5 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions My honest opinion on ACC after switching from XsX to PC Jul 16, 2022
    ACC General Discussions A Really Honest Talk About ACC Pricing in Brazil [505 - REPORTED TO PUBLISHER] Jul 23, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Honestly...it's SUPER also on Consolle! Jul 14, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Punishment for dishonest Jan 20, 2020
    Chit Chat Room My unbiased honest review for AC Apr 22, 2017
    Console Lounge Lack of Communication and Honesty (Again) Mar 31, 2017
    Console Lounge Lack of Communication/Honesty Feb 7, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Well, let's be honest, there are better driving simulators than AC. Dec 6, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Is it time to be honest and critical about ac? Mar 13, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Lots of crashes after 1.0.3 update (it always crashes to be honest) Oct 21, 2014

3. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

The first weeks following release with all those patches with hotfixes felt more like an Early Acess should be than the 9 months of Early Access that they had...

Rioku and tw1st like this.
  4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

While I agree with some of your points I honestly can't see how you can say it is almost unplayable! Do you mean online? If so then I wouldn't know as I am a single player ai kind of guy. If you mean single player then it is nowhere near unplayable.

warth0g and MTv like this.
  5. Si.

Si. Simracer

Personally I think the review is rather short, in fact by reading this forum most of what’s in the review could have been garnered without even playing the game. I’m not suggesting that was the case but there doesn’t feel a lot of substance behind it to me. Some of the comments such as while the logic behind doling out punishments is similarly flawed and re FFB but to unlock it you'll need to spend time tinkering with settings for your wheel don’t have anything to backup the statements, info re issues encountered or equipment used.

I think in general it’s a fair review but not a particularly well written one.

Ace Pumpkin and LeDude83 like this.
  6. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

It had its moments, but the overwhelming amount of bugs and issues just made me stop playing the game all together.

A lot of key features are straight out missing (crew/pit animations & livery editor) and not fully fleshed out (career mode, multiplayer & rating system).

There's no word on when they will ever be included; again, lack of communication and that's three weeks past the days of early access.

I also keep seeing threads being locked more often than not, where people ask the same questions, why, because there's no reply in the general threads regarding those topics.

7. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Shame it’s done on 1.01 as a lot of stuff has been fixed, especially VR.

8. However, even if there are several bugs, it remains the best simulator on the square ... fantastic Kunos

warth0g, MTv, nrc689 and 3 others like this.
  9. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

10. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Just another self proclaimed expert's opinion.

chksix likes this.
  11. Anthonyl

Anthonyl Racer

Having been a sim racer for many years..many many years..I can honestly say that this has been one of the most satisfying and rewarding sims to date for me..

I am no expert and I do not spend hours and hours trawling through telemetry to find the right setup or try to shave 1/100th off my lap times. For me the game is both fun and visually stunning.

I do agree that the forums need to be separated more and and decent guide to the game and the intricacies of the Blancpain series needs to be outlined. If you dont know the rules of the game it makes it hard to figure out what and when to do certain things... many of us are just fumbling around in the dark as to what the different engine modes do...how the pitstops work, timings..etc. etc.

Yes this game is still a work in progress but one which I am sure will be added on and fixed as time goes on.

Please development team..keep us informed as to what the plans are...employ someone as your PR ...employ me if you like!!

Anyhow..just my 2c as and old timer.

semtex79, bgil66, JonnyHoonIt and 8 others like this.
  12. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Like I said in another thread, drama queen written all over OP. Let's be honest, this is all stemming from the fact that you wanted a personal reply from a dev, which I believe you received, but that wasn't enough.
    Whinger!

chksix, Freddie Seng, MTv and 8 others like this.
  13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I havent read the review and really dont care much about reviews. I mostly go by my own review and opinion on what I choose to play.

ACC isnt perfect and it could have done with more time in EA for those that chose to avoid EA and wanted a more polished retail release.

For me its ok though obviously as everyone including devs would have hoped everything was perfect by release. Its a big project and there was a deadline of needing to try release during the current season. If this will help or hurt in the long term is hard to say.

Continued development it should be quite solid over time, if its good enough some will come back maybe some new guys come in. It will be a good base for future season upgrades and other series, so should be around quite a while.

Have a look at RF2 it was released years ago and still has a long way to go. SMS released buggy unfinished titles added some patches but moved onto the sequels pretty much on release. Leaving a skeleton team to bug fix but then most bugs make the sequel and being mostly released as abandonware with trickle fed DLC's mean I dont expect much from them post release.

Iracing has been evolving for years, they just add to the build rather then re release which is like Kunos did with AC1 and was done with RF2 and is going to happen with ACC.

Its far from unplayable in any way for me, id like more features etc and a bit more polish. But for me Its a great drive already and will keep improving.

If you dont understand what the Beta branch is then best to avoid it. The reason they are Beta is because they may introduce more issues and need some people to test before it can be released as an official update.

That is the exact reason its basically a hidden beta branch from general users and expected to be used by those that understand what it is. :rolleyes:

chksix, nrc689, Kill_A_Rue and 4 others like this.
  14. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Who is Eurogamer ?
    Also :
    Show me one single review that isn´t influenced by the reviewers preconceptions .
    Good luck, OP .

chksix, Dookie and LeDude83 like this.
  15. GT Sport and Forza horizon are the best. 9/10. Go play,op.

chksix likes this.
  16. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Like @Radfahrer said: Dafuq is Eurogamer?
    And like @Rudski said: you're very obviously trying to generate drama.
    And like @martcerv said: I prefer to make up my own mind on the games I wish to play. The reviews of Youtubers are utterly worthless. There's zero control mechanism as to their sources, their methodology and their motivation in terms of viewers, contractors or sponsors. Although there might be good and reasonable Youtubers out there, they all have to be discarded as sources of objective information.

Edit: I agree on the forum cleaning part, though. I asked many times for people to be warned/tempo-banned/perma-banned that do nothing but cause others to waste their precious time. The usual approach is to lock threads but that's just symptom treatment.
    This forum is for support and development of a game. Those that have clearly made up their minds that they very much dislike the game and share that message whenever they feel like it or even open one pointless whining thread after the other - those people should be first warned and eventually banned from the forum.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    chksix, Freddie Seng and MTv like this.
  17. Kilotango

Kilotango Rookie

the OP is on point, and it is his opinion as well as for others. stop being a troll.

JonnyHoonIt and ..LeRenard! like this.
  18. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

The cavalry arrived! Make way for the white knights!

19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Not sure which point he is on, the 3 points he made have nothing to do with the actual game.

1. better communication means more time in forum so less time developing so game actually suffers with no real advantages in the end experiance of users.

2. as I said earlier, he simply doesnt get what beta branch is and be best if he avoided it for this exact reason.

3. cleaning forums/explaining would likely remove threads like this. Also more time in forums is less time working on the game.

In game more documentation is needed but in the forums no point them wasting more time then needed.

20. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

LOL. Seriously this forum is amazing, even on the support forums, you can't report anything wrong with the game without anyone replying "Why do you even care about this feature? I don't so why should you?"
    Anything that isn't a delightful praise to Kunos and ACC, as constructive as it may be, will be interpreted as "I HATE ACC, I AM JUST HERE TO TROLL BY SAYING BAD THINGS ABOUT THE GAME".

Unlike the review, I don't think the game is unplayable by any means, but there are a lot of features that were announced for ACC, and you'd expect that a game at 1.0 would be a finished game with all the features that were announced before early access, but once again, like what happened with AC1, "1.0" means very little, the game was still unstable, it still misses several features that were announced over a year ago and god knows how long it will take to implement them.

Unfortunately this is pretty much the norm for hardcore simulators, like @martcerv said, if you look at rfactor and Automobilista, it seems that because these games don't get nearly as much popularity as others like Forza, Gran Turismo or games from other genres, we pretty much just have to live with this kind of situation.

Fortunately the physics are the best I've ever experienced (though I admit, I haven't tried other simulators too much over the years), the graphics are really good, the content, although limited, is really enjoyable, and we have most of the features we'll ever need. So for better or worse, I'll stick with ACC until something better comes along.

21. Kilotango

Kilotango Rookie

to be fair, the underlying point is that there are some big bugs that ruin the experience right now. i have experienced this too... and i have opened threads about it, of which others have confirmed the issue as well, but had no response of whether the issue was acknowledged or not.

im not demanding a response, but a simple yes or no (or even a tag of the thread) would be appreciated... how are we supposed to know that it is a dev issue, if its been logged for future revision, or if its a none issue, if its an end user problem, or if the issue needs more information.. etc if there is no response from staff members?

we all accept that KS is a small team, but the overall point the OP is making, is that there has to be some standard of the way things are done.

if indeed KS entire team are just developers as everyone seems to imply, then perhaps the use of an online community manager would help. im very sure people would be happy to volunteer and do this for free as part of the AC community, if KS are open to it.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    ..LeRenard! likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.