1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Feeling

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Albert McSaltens, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Hi Devs, i just went today back to netkar pro to have some fun online, untill we have online in AC.
    right out of the box i felt again the purity of netkar in terms of ffb, direct and stiff, feels like a simulator.
    then i wnet back to do some laps on AC, and suddently felt AC more like a game rather than a simulator, more loose and spongy.
    Sure in terms of physics i see AC like more spot on. but in terms of what you get through the wheel still needs a lot of work and also the way some cars spin, like entering a programed spin that last like 2 o r 3 seconds sometimes (exagerating a bit) (f40 for example)

I'm not posting this just to bush AC, that is not my motive, i just want devs to let know what a client thinks on the product, and i wish it to be improved, to enjoy the feeling in a level like netkar pro. offered

keep up the hard work!!

Davematt, Iketani and Horus like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Feeling ffb Apr 7, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Feeling of FFB, have I found a sweet spot? Oct 22, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Your Setup T500RS PS4 for good feeling??? Jul 26, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals how to avoid oscillation on wheel keeping good feeling ? Sep 3, 2019
    ACC General Discussions This sim brings back memories & feelings Jun 17, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality To VR users - feelings on HUD elements positioning? Apr 4, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Feeling of floating cars at close range Apr 4, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Thrustmaster T150 FFB - Cant get the same feeling as in PS4 Apr 12, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds VIVE/OpenVR: IPD is now adjustable (it may affect world scale feeling) Apr 5, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues T300 feeling very grindy, notchy in AC not smooth anymore? Mar 30, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Revised feeling for Scottish Track Feb 21, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions The feeling of speed Feb 15, 2017
    Chit Chat Room v1.9 changed feeling Oct 25, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Lack of Feeling of Speed Acceleration Sep 17, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions More BMW material, feeling the need! Sep 16, 2016

3. Horus

Horus Alien

You've hit that nail on the head, excellent post. The spins do feel very strange, in the real world cars do not keep spinning at under 20mph. I also prefer the feel of NKpro, we still have a long way to go before release candidate so let's hope AC has that same feel as NK sometime soon.

eidt: I did not even think about taking my multiplayer needs back to NK, that will change very soon. Thanks for the wake up call. :)

Iketani and Albert McSaltens like this.
  4. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

5. Mogster

Mogster Alien

6. it¡s about how feel, not if they spin or not

7. marlo0081

marlo0081 Hardcore Simmer

well no.. feel is subjective, physics are not.

mclarenf1papa likes this.
  8. phisics is one thing, already said they are spot on

9. marlo0081

Also the lack of realism in the slow speed spins is likely to be down to the near zero physics bug which has been much discussed and will be fixed.

10. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

I also liked nKpro's really direct FFB at first, but now that I have 200hrs in AC I have to say there's nothing wrong with AC's FFB at all. Infact the feeling of weight transfer is much better, this maybe translates into "spongy" feeling especially if you have wrong FFB settings.

nKpro has much more direct grip feeling from the tires. At first glance you might think nKpro's FFB is better but if you really get used to AC and just adjust FFB to your taste as much as possible, you can feel every little weight transfer and slide. But especially the weight of the car, not so much the slipping of the tires when you're not sliding alot.

All in all I like both AC's and nKpro's FFB but I do feel AC's is more realistic.

11. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

Hmm I don't spend driving under 5kph alot ;) Where this bug is supposed to be present.

12. what i complain is more on the slides so can easyly be tyremodel, but also you dont get the same feedback through the wheel when you are spinning, so to me its a bit of both

13. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

If you have a G25/G27 try these settings in Huayra:

Profiler - 100% gain, 900°, everything else 0%, centering and allow game to adjust ticked.
    AC - 68-0-0, 60-70-10

14. i use same setting on netkar and in AC profiler 101% else on 0
    in game gain 120% less its too weak for me rest is on 0 except for road effects kerb on 10% and slip angle 20%

edit= if i use in game less gain i even fell less things

15. marlo0081

why would you do that, is that something that have arrived at through testing, or did you just set them the same.. Just because some of the team work on both, doesnt mean the same settings carry between the two. Like I said feel is subjective, if FFB is wrong, feel will be wrong.

16. in AC i tried every kind of setting on the force feedback at finally found those settings to be the closest between games

in netkar you can adjust ffb gain per car so each car i set different gain

in AC you can't you have to go to the main menu

but at the end i don't look at numbers i just set by feel

17. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

Just "feeling" the FFB won't make you faster. IMO your gain is too heavy and you lose time because you can't react and turn the wheel as fast. I like moderate to light steering, just enough so you can hold the wheel lightly and have much more precision.

I have enough feedback with 60-80 gain, depending on car.

Also, try 100% in profiler, this will make it more dead on center but more precise overall(no clipping). You 101% in profiler and 120% in AC will make will result in alot of clipping(look at right bar in pedals app, if it gets red ffb is clipping).

PS - It seems like the old nKpro freaks are having problems adjusting to AC... Rather than hunting that nKpro feel, I'd reccomend you just try and adjust to AC because it's a different sim. ;) :p

Griffin, The Moose and marlo0081 like this.
  18. i don't care about that, i set it the way i cant feel better tha cars, and it's in this way that i can feel them better, with lower gain i dont feel them

also in netkar i use pretty strong gain and also clipped

19. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

Hm I dunno then. FFB is a very personal thing.

Remember Kimi complaining he doesn't like the steering in Lotus? Same thing. Some like it light, some heavier and more raw...

20. yes, but the point in this thread is not that, is light or strong, is the lack of feel compared to netkar in terms of in nkpro feels more tight and slides are better in my opinion, in AC feels more like a game and slides are weird and the you correct it a bit blind, then it bounces from side to side, this doesnt happen in netkar

21. marlo0081

no, but it IS what happens in real life.

MatheusCLG and mclarenf1papa like this.