1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Feeling

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Albert McSaltens, Mar 19, 2014.

1. in netkar it happens to bounce from side to side cause you don't feel it properly, in netkar doent cause you feel it spot on and you correct it perfectly, well is what i feel though.

2. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

Netkar has static tire sidewall ;) Virtually everything is improved in AC... It all makes effect on FFB.

Simon Roberts and The Moose like this.
  3. sure better physics, but how you feel on wheel for me is far behind still

4. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

Once I tweaked everything to my taste it's pretty much perfect for me but yeah, you will never make it as direct and quick as in Nkpro...

5. Horus

Horus Alien

Hey guys, we are not slagging AC off at all. I love it in every way possible. I have spent the last three or four days racing every car on every track, loving the feel of all the cars. I cannot really explain it better than what the OP said. There are things about NK that do have a better feel and I know that AC is still developing, that is why we are here. I don't think any of us have any real problems with AC, otherwise like a few that started this journey I would have gone to ground until the final release. I'm here for the long run, I have found that some cars I would not ordinarily want to drive are spectacular and others that I would want to race are a real handful, but the one thing that really keeps me coming back for more is the feel of being in control as long as you respect the car and track.

We still have to point out those tiny indiscrepancies, those additions or improvements that would make AC even better, more immersion, the best simulator available. So please don't think that I am not happy with what we have right now, I find it difficult to race in any other sim now. Race07 feels like stirring a cup of treacle, with a rubber spoon with a slinky in the middle, rFactor is just what it is, P&G and Historix are still fantastic, but AC blows them to bits. I still feel that NK has something in the feel that is more connected, more direct, more something, I don't know, more ephemeral.

That's about it, other than no flat spotting of tyres yet, no switches to switch in the cockpit, no on track skin swap, no rip off visors, no dirty build up, no multiplayer LOL. Then I could go with the positives but I would be here all night. Good night guys only another ten days to go till the next huge smile. :D

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
    alex72, spiritofsenna and marlo0081 like this.
  6. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

Hey, not all of them ;)

Completely agree with you on the FFB as well.. having any settings that clip is just madness imo. I dont know how people drive with clipping FFB, it feels completely ****. You miss out on so much of what the tyres are trying to tell you.

7. tried gain at 50% no clip tried 70% tried 80% tried 90% tried 100% tried 120% tried 140% tried 30% same issues.

i prefer 120% fro now but it doen't solve its loose character, and the issues i described in first post

btw im not comparing a bmw with ks2 im comparing tatus abarth and lotus 125 with netkar pros f2000 and ks2

8. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Try 107% in profiler and 60-70 gain in AC

Gonzalo Rodriguez likes this.
  9. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

Regarding the open-wheel cars I do have to say that the FFB does feel too "spongy" and undirect but in cars like mp4-12c(gt3 and road), huayra, zonda, 599xx etc. it is just absurdly good. I feel like I'm driving the real thing! And the more you drive, the more limit you find.

Completely different level to any other sim I ever played. nKpro included

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

To me NKpro just felt a little too perfect though its probably the wrong word to use. I did have it since early beta though really never got into it as the feel to me wasnt quite there. I feel there is more to AC feel and feedback and all cars have a bit of uniqueness to them.

In reality I javent driven many cars with perfect steering and handling and the slight issues and tendencies of some cars bring out theur character. I still dont think AC is perfect but to me this comes through much more then in NKP which had a very sameness to all cars.

Its kind of a thing i found in most sims if each car has that generic feel to it then it really doesnt quite convince me. Sure i may be better if all cars felt as responsive and fast with no need to alter how i drove them. But then it starts to feel more like GT with different 3d models HP and downforce but all cars are just slower and faster versions of the same thing.

I think you need to run quite a few laps in ac and make sure you have everything running well with minimum input lag. At that point the cars really come to life and I can feel every 10th gained or lost the moment it happens. I very rarely spin or completly lose it unless im giving it 100% commtiment going for ultimate pace a little beyond my talent level.

Everyone feels things different and also small changes in setup have huge implications at times for better or worse. Also if you have run 1000's of laps in nkp then that is such a natural thing to you any change will feel worse. It doesnt matter if its better or worse but most changes to any learned behaviours and habits feel pretty awkward to most.

Funny how i really liked some sims feel in the past but after a few 1000 laps in AC going back to them feel like they are lacking something.

11. marlo0081

marlo0081 Hardcore Simmer

haha.. not just me then, somehow race07/raceroom/rfactor/ntkar have all lost their appeal ;)

12. Xenix

Xenix Simracer

Nkpro feels to clinically sterile, AC has more life and range in the FFB effects. (my opinion)

13. Davematt

Davematt Gamer

+1

Enviado desde mi iPad con Tapatalk

14. sinbad

sinbad Racer

My issue with the ffb is nothing to do with clipping, I would even so far as to say that I would happily let it clip to death if it meant that it felt solid around the center. It's the ffb-switched-off feel you get when making quick direction changes, the vague almost broken feeling you get at very small counter steer angles, the slack empty feeling at that last 10 degrees of straightening up out of a corner and the way the wheel will lazily just want to keep on straightening beyond straight if you don't stop it, it's finding myself damping the forces and lack thereof myself by gripping the wheel too tightly.

I do get that not everyone is as bothered by all that as I am, but I struggle to get past it.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014

15. Most of what you describe have been mentioned since day 1.I guess we need to wait further development.

16. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

107% in profiler = solid center feel

Gonzalo Rodriguez likes this.
  17. sinbad

sinbad Racer

I tried this when you suggested it previously, it sort of helps with the initial turn in feel, but for me it just masks the problems of direction changes and small angle counter steer feel, and whilst turn-in is better, it still doesn't feel right when straightening up, imo.

18. Wrongfire

Wrongfire Hardcore Simmer

Im running 100% in profiler and 100% gain
    With centering spring, which most people seem to despise lol

19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Isnt centering spring just used for non ffb games, if you enable it within ffb games then it will fight against the dynamic centering effects which is the main part off ffb.

I am using the G25 with shifter profile also using the "canned" effects this comes with. In game gain at 65% but profiler at 100% this gives me much better feel then having the extra effects at 0% where it gives very little feedback regarding the surface being driven on and where the front tyres are. Many seem to just turn everything off and then wonder why they have less feel but in reality all ffb is a canned effect and i need to feel kerbs or the edge of road so I can tell where the wheels are as i cant see them.

I can drive faster this way then without where I really have very little feel for the grip the car has or the surface I am on. Trying it both ways it really feels quite bland and lifeless if these things are switched off, many sim purists always go by the unwritten ruoes for ffb and honestly I experiment but also think its best to first try the defaults as thats how the devs intended it to work with certain wheels. If your getting inout lag ffb feels auite weird but if you minimized this it can feel quite natural to me.

20. Aceking

Aceking Racer

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014