1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

FFB Clip App Help Needed

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by matt5687, Mar 21, 2017.

1. matt5687

matt5687 Racer

I am struggling to fully understand and make the most from the FFB Clip App. I have read the multiple threads regarding how to calibrate my wheel with the app and wheelcheck but to be honest, I got confused.
    My main questions are:

1) By Default is the red clipping line set relative to my wheels max force or set at 100% force that AC can send?
    2) If it is the latter, how do I find out how to set the clipping line to my wheels max force?
    3) How do I find out what that max force is for my wheel?

I'm thinking that I have been using the app and assuming I'm not clipping but really, I might be because I have no idea what the red line is actually related to.

T300RS
    Control Panel:
    900 Degrees
    100% Gain
    70% Damper
    Everything else 0%

In Game:
    70% Overall Gain
    0% Filter
    0% Damper
    5% Min Force

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Pretend racer likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G25 FFB showing Red on HUD, clipping? Oct 19, 2019
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues FFBClip53 Dec 4, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Ffbclip not showing in game Sep 11, 2018
    Physics Bugs & Issues FFB CLIP / CAR PHYSICS. Oct 14, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Can FFB Clip be used after generating a LUT ? Jan 20, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Porsche Macan Turbo ffb clipping too much Dec 20, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues How to use current ffb clipping app? Aug 11, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues G25 ffb less strong before clipping relative to nkp,r3e,rf2,lfs,iracing,gsc May 22, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Definitive ffbclip-based settings for all wheels data collection Jan 31, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Calibrating your force feedback wheel using wheelcheck and ffbclip Sep 6, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Driving force gt, ffb clipping Sep 3, 2014
    Chit Chat Room FFB clipping early! May 29, 2014
    Physics Bugs & Issues FFB clipping before gain is applied? Feb 3, 2014
    Chit Chat Room FFB and clipping questions Nov 15, 2013
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues BMW E30 FFB clipping wrong? Nov 9, 2013

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I dont know what the different lines do, but im using strong and auto, that way the app will decide the value and it will allow a little bit of clipping. If you get clipping the app will flash red.

4. matt5687

matt5687 Racer

Thanks. Are we assuming then that the red clipping line is that of the max force of your wheel? The reason I starting thinking about it is there is a setting called "Target Gain" to tell the app if your wheel can only accept up to a certain percentage of the forces sent from the sim. How does the app know what the max force of multiple different wheels is?

5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Hm, are you using an old version?
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...ack-anti-clipping-tool-v4-3-3-released.14165/
    Go here and download the latest

Pretend racer likes this.
  6. matt5687

matt5687 Racer

I'll have a look and see what version I have, although I'm fairly sure I have the latest. I'll have a play around and see if I can get a better understanding of the app. Thanks

7. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

8. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

The red line is the max output from AC. The T300 should be fine at default value in the control panel. If you're unsure just do the "flatspot" test. Take the X-Bow out, Flatspot it severely and drive around. you should feel the buzz everywhere unless the very strongest corners.

The intended use for the app is to just leave everything at default. That will ensure you get a good, strong FFB in all cars and on all tracks.
    The app will go into "Auto" mode for every new car/track combination. It wil start off with a very high gain, but as you enter the first corner the gain will lower to the appropriate level and this level will refine over time, as the app gathers more data on how you drive and the level of FFB for that car and track combination. When you exit the sim the app will store the current gain for that combination, and load it the next time you go out on that particular combo. The app will be in manual mode for any combination you have driven before. If you think something is off with the saved gain, just press the "reset" button to start the process over for that combination of car and track.

In the next version (which will be a major new release, version 5.0) I have clarified many of the UI elements and buttons, and added a lot of options and gizmos. That will simplify the operation for most people, and allow the more advanced users some more stuff to play with.
    Make sure you use the latest version, 4.3.3.

matt5687, LeiF and Diablo_rf like this.
  9. matt5687

matt5687 Racer

That's great thanks for your help as I do really think your app is crucial.

If I use auto mode but then I adjust the per car FFB controller to a gain I like (still below clipping) do I need to do anything alse with the app? Or just adjust that car to just below clipping?

Thanks Again

10. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

No, there's nothing more you need to do. If you constantly find that you lower the gain from what the app sets you might want to try the "light" profile. In the new version there will be a few new features that will make it even easier.

11. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

It didn't really do that for me. It would start off at 200%, then drop down to maybe 75-100%, then work its way back up to around 150% in most cars which is waaaay too strong. Even with the Light preset it would still be so heavy that it was difficult to turn the wheel. I'm on a CSW V2, in-game gain is at 100% and then I turn most cars down to around 55-75% via the number pad which still is slightly on the heavy side but nothing like what the app wants to set it to. I presume I was doing something wrong but couldn't figure out what and eventually just disabled it. Any thoughts on why it would set the gain so high?

12. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

That is strange. Are you sure you are using v4.3.3?

Sent fra min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

13. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

It's been a couple months since I used it, so whatever the current version was around the first of the year is what I was using. Even when it would go to 150% I wouldn't be clipping so I presumed it was just setting it at the highest setting that wouldn't clip but that was too much to be comfortable to drive with. I have a new PC since I last used the app, I'll try giving it another go on the new PC.

14. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

It's changed quite a bit in the last year, so make sure you have the latest version and try that. The link is in my signature.

15. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

I meant the first of 2017, so just a couple months ago. I'll try to give it another go tonight.

16. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Ah, yes. Please do. If it still misbehaves let me know your other settings and what combination so I can have a look at what's going on.
    What is your main menu gain set to?

17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

@BrandonW77
    To me it sounds like you dont like as hard strenght as your wheel is capable of giving you. The app is more for us that want everything possible out of our wheels. If you like the wheel lighter, just use whatever you feel comfortable with, since its apparently to strong in your opinion before it make the ffb clip anyway. :)

18. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

In-game is 100, on my wheel is 100, then I turn each car down to around 55-75% with the keypad. I find this method gives a more pleasing feeling than just reducing the in-game gain and leaving the cars at 100. But, full disclosure, my old PC was known for having lots of weird problems, especially related to FFB, so it's more likely it was a problem on my end than a problem with the app. And like I said, the app was setting it to the highest value possible without clipping which I believe is how it's supposed to work, but on my wheel that's super duper heavy. I hope it didn't come across like I'm complaining about the app, just trying to figure out if I was doing something wrong. I'll let you know what I find out tonight.

Actually, I'm known for liking a heavy wheel. :) Back in my Gran Turismo days when I didn't know what clipping was I'd just turn it to the max and spent a decade racing like that. Since moving to PC I've had to train myself to dial it back a bit but my wheel is still probably on the heavy side. But with the gain at 150% like the app was setting it too the wheel was so heavy it felt like driving a dump truck at slow speeds with no power steering, it was literally difficult to make it around turns. The CSW V2 is capable of putting out a lot of strength but I can't imagine anyone being able to race with it that heavy!

19. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Well, if you have a CSW v2 you really shouldn't use the app in default mode. Go into the ini file and set the "preferGlobal" to 1. Then go on track and tune each car to your liking. The app is initially intended for users with weak wheels. :)

20. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Ah! Good to know, I'll look into that setting. Yeah, the CSW V2 can put out a lot of weight, more than most people would probably need/prefer. Thanks for the help, and for the app!

Atle Dreier likes this.
  21. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Good news! All seems to be fine. Installed the newest version and took the new RSR out for for a few laps. The FFB app started at 200, eventually settled on 85% and didn't go above that. It was a bit on the heavy side though and I noticed it was clipping a bit, the Sidekick app even kicked up the "consider lowering FFB gain" warning. So I put the app on the Light setting, did several laps and it settled on 69% which actually felt bloody fantastic. It has good weight all around but I can feel all the fine details and weight transfer, not really what I would consider "light" but seems to be a perfect balance and at least in the RSR it was some of the best FFB I've ever felt. Thanks!

Atle Dreier likes this.